ADVERTISEMENT

What We Learned From IU's 2-1 Season-Opening Series Win At Memphis

I listened to most of three games and we had a lot of strike outs IMO but I'm sure someone with more baseball knowledge will comment on this too.

I listened to most of three games and we had a lot of strike outs IMO but I'm sure someone with more baseball knowledge will comment on this too.
It's not just everyone's opinion that we had a bunch of them, but it was a fact. We struck out 14 times in the rubber match game, but our pitching and some timely hitting, not to mention some errors, gave us a couple of wins. I believe we had something like 35-36 strikeouts in the series, with several of them being called third strikes. At least early on, it certainly looks like this team will need to manufacture runs while getting solid pitching to have a successful season. Maybe I haven't done a very good job of looking for it, but I can't find anything on the status of Gorski, and hopefully, it was nothing serious to start with.

Just listened to CJM discussing the 3 games. Happy to hear him praise pitching and defense while admitting the offense struggled. Just way too darn many strike outs. Hard to score if you don't put the ball in play. It'll be fun to watch this team mature as the season progresses and the new approach takes shape.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT