ADVERTISEMENT

What offense will we see in '23?

lol OK..... you were arguing with me after I said we needed a good QB to win.

Who disagrees with that?

You're arguing with yourself.
Quote me where I said "we don't need a good QB".

Stop making stuff up.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Quote me where I said "we don't need a good QB".

Stop making stuff up.
I said we need a good QB to win. You said we don't need a stud QB to win.

Shivers as much better in pass pro, which is a huge deal in three and four wide sets like we run. O Coordinators and RB coaches value that, as do quarterbacks who are constantly under pressure due to inconsistent O line play.
Yeah, good thing our QBs were never under pressure when Shivers was in there.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I said we need a good QB to win. You said we don't need a stud QB to win.

If I'm not arguing with you then why do you care and why are you such a Crank?

Shivers as much better in pass pro, which is a huge deal in three and four wide sets like we run. O Coordinators and RB coaches value that, as do quarterbacks who are constantly under pressure due to inconsistent O line play.
Just because he was the "better" running back at pass blocking didn't make him a "good" at it. As I stated above, if they knew they were throwing it every down and weren't even considering using the running back, get him out of there and use a TE to block.
just my opinion.

Just because he was the "better" running back at pass blocking didn't make him a "good" at it. As I stated above, if they knew they were throwing it every down and weren't even considering using the running back, get him out of there and use a TE to block.
just my opinion.
He’s in there because there has to be a run threat for the D to address. Putting a tight end in the backfield to block isn‘t as challenging for the D as is the threat of a back who can run or pass (which tends to slow down the aggressiveness of a pass rush).

Reactions: boston jamie
No, he's not. I know that's the common belief on this board, but it's wrong.

If you watched the games, you'd know.

No, he's not. I know that's the common belief on this board, but it's wrong.

If you watched the games, you'd know.
The coaches watch the games, too, and they all believed Shovers was better. Feel free to disagree with them, as well.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I expect a lot of run-heavy RPO. 75% run 25% pass. I can see a few read-option plays to keep the D honest but not to the extent that risks our QBs. QB runs maybe 5-10 times, max. 3 RBs get 40+ carries per game total . Gone are the days of 40-50 attempts per game with the QB throwing 15-20, max. Passing plays are mostly slants shallow crosses with a few deep balls.

as i've said before, i'd run nothing but crossing routes with some go routes deep mixed in once in a while, for pass routes.

that said, the pocket is not the future.

2 - 3 seconds in the pocket to get it off, 4-5 plus seconds to get it off for QBs who can buy time.

receivers get a lot more open in 4-5-6 seconds than 2.5.

i have no problem with a QB throwing it a lot, as long as he has the ability to buy his own time to get it off. (and we move the pocket).

if Dexter ever comes back 100%, i think he's a star.

as i've said before, i'd run nothing but crossing routes with some go routes deep mixed in once in a while, for pass routes.

2 - 3 seconds in the pocket to get it off, 4-5 plus seconds to get it off for QBs who can buy time.

i have no problem with a QB throwing it a lot, as long as he has the ability to buy his own time to get it off. (and we move the pocket).

I agree about Dexter and think coach DeBoer was right about him and his ability.

I agree that the pocket is not the future. I would like to see us roll the pocket, misdirection play-action bootlegs, roll-outs. I would be OK with lots of little passes to the RB and in the flat or on screens - that's just an extension of the run game imo.

ADVERTISEMENT