ADVERTISEMENT

What is your greatest talent?

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
Seriously what the **** are you good at? And I define a significant talent as being better or doing something most people cannot.

Personally I'm very limited talent wise. If I had to pick one I'd say I'm a pretty good leader. I tend to get the best out of people. But seriously that's some pretty boring Pinterest shit there. If you've got a cool talent I want to hear about it.

Helping people get into the next stage of their life. It's crazy. I can sit with a total stranger and in a few minutes have them on track for what they need to do next in relation to job, school, etc. Doesn't work when I deal with the guy in the mirror though. He's had to learn it all the hard way.

I've been told for years that I need to be a Life Coach, but I don't think it works that way. It's much more casual than professional.

Seriously what the **** are you good at? And I define a significant talent as being better or doing something most people cannot.

Personally I'm very limited talent wise. If I had to pick one I'd say I'm a pretty good leader. I tend to get the best out of people. But seriously that's some pretty boring Pinterest shit there. If you've got a cool talent I want to hear about it.
I'm a good leader and I manage things well in chaos. Being a Fire chief and an incident commander or all types of responses for 20 years has really honed my skills in this area.

I'm a very good teacher no matter the topic I really excel at teaching people how to do things. I teach emergency responders all over the place how to do their jobs better or I train/teach new recruits.

I can sing and I play the guitar, though the guitar is more a hobby these days than something that I'm very good at. I can type really fast too!

I'm really good at pushing my nephew on the swing.

Sometimes he can swing above my head and that makes his tummy tickle.

He laughs and asks me to do it again.

I'm pretty sure I'm the best.
Grandpa here comes in as a close 2nd then:D:)

I can milk many things, and i have about a .450 success rate in preventing suicides.. which is really good if you think in baseball analogies.

Phark yeah! You're the Ted Williams of suicide prevention ......

McHoop

Before I retired, I was able to fool any and all of the supervisors I had over the years, that I gave a shit, and was a hard worker.:D

I also post YouTube videos you guys wish I wouldn't.

I've been told I am a very good singer. Public speaking is another gift. Back in the day I was a very good bowler,but haven't been able to do it very much. For having no lessons I was a good tennis player. I am a very good basketball shooter. No foot speed,but if I was open back in the day it went down.

Reactions: Fus

My biggest talent probably is the ability to develop rapport with prospective customers. I will find common ground and make it a relaxing and enjoyable sales call. In most cases, the individual and I will know some of the same people and that also helps develop rapport.

bdc9c8d1a4499d10a2ea88169acf3ef8.gif

I've always said I'm decent at a lot of things, but not really excellent at anything. Kind of wish I'd worked harder. to develop one area of expertise! I have a zillion interested so can talk to anyone about anything from sports, plays, politics, books, television and movies, etc. But TBH, it's really getting along with people and keeping in touch. I have tons of friends of all ages, races, and all walks of life. Which makes for excellent vacation opportunities!

On the personal side, with the help of my wife, we raised two great kids. They care about others, their family, work hard, and treat others well with a positive outlook. They graduated college and are working in their chosen fields. I have had people go out of their way to tell me how impressive both kids are in their work and interaction with others.

On the professional side, I am great at inventing solutions to problems. I have 22 patents and it would be hard for any of you to not have one of my inventions in your home. My current role restricts the opportunity to develop new products with innovation that would be patented, but I am still solving problems in other areas.

Reactions: kkott
On the professional side, I am great at inventing solutions to problems. I have 22 patents and it would be hard for any of you to not have one of my inventions in your home. My current role restricts the opportunity to develop new products with innovation that would be patented, but I am still solving problems in other areas.

Do you do any chemical engineering? I have plenty of m.e. and e.e., but i have an product idea that i need to bounce off a chemist. The project involves polarized light. If interested give me your email.

Do you do any chemical engineering? I have plenty of m.e. and e.e., but i have an product idea that i need to bounce off a chemist. The project involves polarized light. If interested give me your email.
No, just mechanical with consumer products. If it is something that can be patented, be careful who and when you disclose the details.

It's not patience. I am dying waiting for my 3 games to glory 5 blu-ray set to arrive.

You guys got yours yet? I hear the "Belichick wired at practices" parts are awesome.

On the personal side, with the help of my wife, we raised two great kids. They care about others, their family, work hard, and treat others well with a positive outlook. They graduated college and are working in their chosen fields. I have had people go out of their way to tell me how impressive both kids are in their work and interaction with others.

Yep, I've got a fleshlight! You da man!

Since I was a kid, lights burn out when I am in the room at an alarming rate. Last night, two street lights went out as I drove under them on the streets near my home. I have seen headlights burn out on cars approaching me on at least a dozen occasions.

So I guess I am good at coincidences.
If shooter is ever on life support, I nominate you for the bedside vigil.

My skills have likely eroded with inactivity, but years ago on several occasions I made at least 40 consecutive college three-pointers, in practice, including once at the HYPER where I drew quite a crowd. That is the origin of my screen name.

I used to clean up in the stuffed animal department at Kings Island, the state fair, and other places, even with their undersized rims and the overinflated basketballs.

I was never much of an athlete but could always shoot.

Last edited:
Reactions: burnthemallralphie

So, you invent dildos and blow-up dolls?

My skills have likely eroded with inactivity, but years ago on several occasions I made at least 40 consecutive college three-pointers, in practice, including once at the HYPER where I drew quite a crowd. That is the origin of my screen name.

I used to clean up in the stuffed animal department at Kings Island, the state fair, and other places, even with their undersized rims and the overinflated basketballs.

I was never much of an athlete but could always shoot.
I was a good athlete, and a real prick. I was the one that stamped 'Spaulding' on your extremely large forehead when you tried to get off that weak ass set shot in a full court game.

Reactions: twenty02 and C-$
I don't have any talents. A wise man once told me "Being ordinary and nothing special is a full time job" and I took it to heart.

I think there is a very good message right here. Actually this OP and entire thread has actually caused me to do some introspect. I've tried to answer this question to myself, honestly and specifically. I am not able to answer the question.

Your reply has brought me to the conclusion that, I have been extremely successful at exactly one more thing than I have been extremely unsuccessful at. This answer is as of 03May2017 22:23hrs. I will continue to monitor this equation. I hope it stays the same.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT