ADVERTISEMENT

What is AOC advocating for here?

My view of an effective politician is someone who has some power to set the agenda. That's generally done through committee assignments. She is on the oversight committee and financial services committee. Oversight will likely give her exposure, but it doesn't pass legislation. Financial services may give her an opportunity, but she's a junior member on a committee with about 30 Ds.

And she has taken several principled stands voting against widely supported legislation. That's always risky back home in the district. But she's bright, articulate, and famous. That can't hurt.

It will be very interesting to see if she challenges Shumer in 2022. If she pulls it off, look out.
I’m looking long term. 20-30 years from now.

My view of an effective politician is someone who has some power to set the agenda. That's generally done through committee assignments. She is on the oversight committee and financial services committee. Oversight will likely give her exposure, but it doesn't pass legislation. Financial services may give her an opportunity, but she's a junior member on a committee with about 30 Ds.

And she has taken several principled stands voting against widely supported legislation. That's always risky back home in the district. But she's bright, articulate, and famous. That can't hurt.

It will be very interesting to see if she challenges Shumer in 2022. If she pulls it off, look out.

She’s bright? NO. Of course bright has nothing to do with power and being a good politician.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
So biden and aoc have more going for them than trump and his brain dead followers

So biden and aoc have more going for them than trump and his brain dead followers

Did you figure out what the insult was yet? For a guy as “woke” as you I can’t believe you thought my comment was an insult to TMP. I was just trying to be mindful of not using the new words Pelosi and your party are wiping from the books. 😂. Will man, woman, father, mother, son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, aunt, uncle, he, she, husband, wife and on and on be banned? Banned isn’t the right word. You guys are “cancelling”. Cancelling the constitution is probably up near the top of the list too.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
Did you figure out what the insult was yet? For a guy as “woke” as you I can’t believe you thought my comment was an insult to TMP. I was just trying to be mindful of not using the new words Pelosi and your party are wiping from the books. 😂. Will man, woman, father, mother, son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, aunt, uncle, he, she, husband, wife and on and on be banned? Banned isn’t the right word. You guys are “cancelling”. Cancelling the constitution is probably up near the top of the list too.

Your idiocy knows no bounds.

That isn't an insult. You just really are that stupid.

How do you measure her intelligence?
I haven’t spent a whole of time on her but I know it when I perceive it. My best answer to your question is her ability to rapidly think on her feet and articulate her thoughts. Dummies can’t do that.

Incidentally, that works with Trump too. There’s no doubt Trump has basic intelligence based on his rapid-fire articulation of his responses. It would be misguided to conclude Trump’s not bright just because he doesn’t read, spouts lies, believes false bullshit, and is a flaming racist.

Your idiocy knows no bounds.

That isn't an insult. You just really are that stupid.

stollcpa said:
Thanks for your response. I love ya man. I mean I love ya non gender.

Edit: your profile picture is interesting. Care to explain?

You said:
So it is ok for you to insult people but act appalled when people insult you?

Would you say that to his face?

Me now:
What was the insult in my post you replied to? You’ve yet to answer what my insult was.

Reactions: Lucy01 and DANC
I haven’t spent a whole of time on her but I know it when I perceive it. My best answer to your question is her ability to rapidly think on her feet and articulate her thoughts. Dummies can’t do that.

Okay.

stollcpa said:
Thanks for your response. I love ya man. I mean I love ya non gender.

Edit: your profile picture is interesting. Care to explain?

You said:
So it is ok for you to insult people but act appalled when people insult you?

Would you say that to his face?

Me now:
What was the insult in my post you replied to? You’ve yet to answer what my insult was.
If he answers the question then he has to explain his bigotry

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC

Incidentally, that works with Trump too. There’s no doubt Trump has basic intelligence based on his rapid-fire articulation of his responses. It would be misguided to conclude Trump’s not bright just because he doesn’t read, spouts lies, believes false bullshit, and is a flaming racist.
Think on her feet? When's the last time she's fielded an extemporaneous question?

Her speeches are planned out and she gets flumoxed when she asks questions on her committees and someone replies in a non-narrative fashion.

She's not articulate or particularly intelligent. She's not dumb, but she wouldn't stand out on a college campus as being overly bright.

Reactions: F.Fletch
...she wouldn't stand out on a college campus as being overly bright.
You are saying that she would never graduate with honors from a challenging university such as Boston University, with a double major (economics and international relations) and other academic achievements? More ignorance of the facts.

You are saying that she would never graduate with honors from a challenging university such as Boston University, with a double major (economics and international relations) and other academic achievements? More ignorance of the facts.
You are easily impressed. Have you ever taken an Honors class? Do you know what is required to graduate with honors?

Reactions: stollcpa
If he answers the question then he has to explain his bigotry

Exactly, the woke prick wasn’t so woke. Really that’s the way most are. They’re great pointing a finger at someone else. Truth be known they offend their wokeness all the time in privacy and in their thoughts. Freakin hypocrites. Dealt with them my whole life.

Reactions: DANC

Come on non gender. She’s about as impressive as her president bragging about his college exploits. BTW is he going to quit using the word “man”?

I’ll give her the sponk she had to run for office and better herself from her waitress job. That’s a great achievement. She’s don’t nothing to show any great intelligence.

How did running off Amazon work for her Economic ideas?

Reactions: F.Fletch and DANC
Come on non gender. She’s about as impressive as her president bragging about his college exploits. BTW is he going to quit using the word “man”?

I’ll give her the sponk she had to run for office and better herself from her waitress job. That’s a great achievement. She’s don’t nothing to show any great intelligence.

How did running off Amazon work for her Economic ideas?

She is a poo flinger and actively looks for opportunities to play the victim.

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
You are easily impressed. Have you ever taken an Honors class? Do you know what is required to graduate with honors?
I graduated summa cum laude and it required quite a bit of work. But cum laude with a double major from BU is nothing to belittle

Exactly, the woke prick wasn’t so woke. Really that’s the way most are. They’re great pointing a finger at someone else. Truth be known they offend their wokeness all the time in privacy and in their thoughts. Freakin hypocrites. Dealt with them my whole life.
It takes about 2 beers before you get to loose lips sink woke ships.
Especially at corporate meetings where these "important" people are out of their league once the 3rd round is bought.

Reactions: Circlejoe
Like most regular old assholes, you're confusing "woke" with the caricature of "woke" that exists only in your head. You do seem to be having fun with it, though, so good for you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT