ADVERTISEMENT

What if somebody had already picked Louisville

If you're taking this the direction I think you are

You're against the early drafting concept. Well let's say nobody picks a team until 12/5 and then during a game/practice on 12/6 (insert player name) for (insert team) gets hurt for the year. Same thing as drafting early, it's a bad break for the drafter but that's all part of roto. Injuries can happen anytime of the year.

If you were just talking to talk and had nothing to do with the early drafting concept my reply is: too bad, so sad for them.

I guess I was making the point

if you have a choice to go early or not like we have right now for the first round, you probably should not. The earlier you draft the greater the risk of an injury or other bad news. But the key word in my first sentence was choice. Drafting early the night before is not the same as drafting early by two weeks.

Louisville is a team I have on my list of potential picks for late first round so this news kind of hit home.

Does Padgett really matter that much?

After I heard about this last night, I went and looked up his stats from last season. They didn't seem that impressive, and Louisville seemed to have plenty of players returning with similar stats.

But I didn't go over the stats a great deal, so I may have missed something.

Hah!

But I guess he doesn't really have to matter a whole lot because it gets down to splitting hairs with a lot of these teams.

If nothing else, it does diminsh Louisville's depth. So the next injury could be a big hit.

But like you suggest, it shouldn't scare you off of them just yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT