ADVERTISEMENT

what high school did you attend what year

Columbus High School, last graduating class in 1973.

Pay no attention to McNutt76, who thinks he was in the last graduating class in 1972 . . . I have the diploma to prove I graduated from l Columbus High School, even though it was operating as Columbus North that year . . .

. . . the reason is that Columbus East opened that year, but without a senior class. All of the seniors went to Columbus High/North . . . that was because the school administrators had split up our class once, when Southside Jr. High was opened in our freshman year, and our class was dead set on that not happening again . . .

. . . or something . . . .

Reactions: mk23
1996 Team was better than the 1997 team that won it all. One thing those southsiders’ cant say is they won state in single class basketball. Hello my fellow Coug’
Yes, it was a very good team. I was happy they won but it figures they would win right after I left. haha

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
If you still reside thereabouts we could practically be neighbors, rare IU folks in the northern climes.

While I grew up in the Detroit suburbs - Milford/White Lake Lakeland class of ‘90
- my old man is Mishawaka class of ‘60 and my son will be Mishawaka Marian class of ‘26.

P.S. I’m sorry I called you a bitch in the pizza thread.

EDIT. Apologies extended to all on the forum I’ve ever called that, as well as to those I’ve dubbed “trashed out skanks.” Please mark this as an “in perpetuity” sort of thing, additionally.
Radio father

Reactions: Radio Zero
I remember Norm Held and the Wigwam well. There were a lot of great Anderson teams. We opened up against Anderson and I had the pleasure of playing at the Wigwam my sophomore and senior years.

Lost my sophomore year. I believe the score was 66-60.
Won my senior year 104-98.
My junior year we won by 31 at home to open the season against a top 5 Anderson squad. The score was roughly 115-84.

Where'd you go?

Southport High, '83 here.

Columbus High School, last graduating class in 1973.

Pay no attention to McNutt76, who thinks he was in the last graduating class in 1972 . . . I have the diploma to prove I graduated from l Columbus High School, even though it was operating as Columbus North that year . . .

. . . the reason is that Columbus East opened that year, but without a senior class. All of the seniors went to Columbus High/North . . . that was because the school administrators had split up our class once, when Southside Jr. High was opened in our freshman year, and our class was dead set on that not happening again . . .

. . . or something . . . .
Did you see the column Harry McCawley wrote years ago regarding which class was the last graduating class of Columbus High School, Sope? He interviewed David Mann, George Dinn, Steve Pavey, Pete King and me.. It was interesting to say the least.

A couple of years ago, a thought occurred to me. If the 1973 class was the last graduating class of CHS, why did it say "Columbus North" on its athletic uniforms the 1972-73 season? I mentioned it to Mann and he told me not to tell anybody else. vbg

Let me be the first to chime in from da Region (unless I have any on Ignore and couldn't see a response).

Crown Point '84. Lady Bulldogs undefeated State Champs that year.

Let me be the first to chime in from da Region (unless I have any on Ignore and couldn't see a response).

Chimed in earlier. I was Michigan City Rogers 1977. You being from CP probably don't see that as Region. I never thought so either but, when I was at IU, most people from Indy and South of there told me it was...

Chimed in earlier. I was Michigan City Rogers 1977. You being from CP probably don't see that as Region. I never thought so either but, when I was at IU, most people from Indy and South of there told me it was...
Would the Region refer to a northern Indiana town that is west of 31? I would not have thought of Michigan City as being part of the Region, but maybe I am wrong in my understanding.

Sorry, Vern. Must have missed you earlier. I know I don't have YOU on Ignore. I'm no expert on the boundaries, but I consider MC to be the extreme east part of the region.

I recall going to a CP game at Elston as a kid when they had Tony Branch. In early 80's the DAC was a bear. The Harden brothers at Valpo, Big Lou Stefanovic at Merrillville and Palombizio and Del Ray at MCR.

Would the Region refer to a northern Indiana town that is west of 31? I would not have thought of Michigan City as being part of the Region, but maybe I am wrong in my understanding.

Back in the day, if you had an Indiana roadmap, it would have city maps on the boundaries. One of those showed the Calumet Region. The eastern end always cut off at Beverly Shores which was a lakefront community just in the western edge of MC. Even though we.we're on the Indiana / Michigan border, folks in South Bend, Mishawaka, Elkhart never considered us part of Michiana either. Guess nobody wanted us.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Sorry, Vern. Must have missed you earlier. I know I don't have YOU on Ignore. I'm no expert on the boundaries, but I consider MC to be the extreme east part of the region.

I recall going to a CP game at Elston as a kid when they had Tony Branch. In early 80's the DAC was a bear. The Harden brothers at Valpo, Big Lou Stefanovic at Merrillville and Palombizio and Del Ray at MCR.

That Elston team you referred to was ranked #1 most of the year. Tony Branch was on the Louisville 1980 Natty team. They also had a 6'9 guy named Dave Bootchek who had a nice career at Eastern Kentucky. the y overlooked MC Rogers and got bounced in the Sectional Semifinal.

yeah the DAC was crazy back then. That MC Regional had three different Mr. Basketball in four years with Palombizio, Roger Harden, and Del Rey Brooks. Rob Harden had what must have been the most punchable face I've ever seen.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Columbus High School class of 1972. We were the second largest high school in the state of Indiana that year and the last graduating class of Columbus High School. vbg
I didn't begin playing golf until a year or two after I graduated from IU because I didn't consider it or tennis a sport at that time.

When did you start selling copiers, and how would you rank yourself as a salesman? Also, how much time did you spend at Gordon Flesch?

When did you start selling copiers, and how would you rank yourself as a salesman? Also, how much time did you spend at Gordon Flesch?

I began selling office equipment for Rex Business Machines in 1986. That was my first job as a sales representative. About a year later, I was promoted to manager of the Columbus, Indiana branch, but I continued to have a territory and sell equipment.

About a year or two later, I was recognized as Rex's "Sales Person of the Year" because I had the highest sales volume for the year. I was about to win it the following year, but upper management changed the rules by giving the award to the individual who was the highest percentage above quota. Even though I led the company in sales again, I didn't win it because my quota was considerably higher than the person who won it.

How would I rank myself as a sales person? I would rank myself very high because I excel at adding new customers and retaining current ones. I accomplish that by developing relationships with customers and having a by having a high work ethic.

I have never worked for Gordon Flesch. I have worked for HPS Office Systems (now Toshiba), CopyCo (now Integrity), Van Ausdall & Farrar, Sharp Business Systems, Ricoh USA and Jim Gordon, Inc. I have been at Jim Gordon, Inc. and absolutely love it because management allows me to sell without pressuring prospective customers. We also have very few meetings to attend and very few reports to produce for management.

Back in the day, if you had an Indiana roadmap, it would have city maps on the boundaries. One of those showed the Calumet Region. The eastern end always cut off at Beverly Shores which was a lakefront community just in the western edge of MC. Even though we.we're on the Indiana / Michigan border, folks in South Bend, Mishawaka, Elkhart never considered us part of Michiana either. Guess nobody wanted us.
Thanks for the info. I lived east of the Region but wasn't sure what the thinking was concerning what was in or out of it.

Highland. 75. I’m not sure CP was a part of the region back in the day. Out there in farm country

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT