ADVERTISEMENT

what high school did you attend what year

Huntingburg(Southridge) 66-69. Huntingburg only had a little over 4000 total population but the gym was built in 1951 and at that time held over 7000. The fire marshal came in years later and took the seating capacity to 6300 I believe. It was one of the world’s largest high school gyms in the world at that time. Up until class basketball started the sectional was sold out every year. We played Boonville back in those days when we both played in the SIAC. Long before you were a twinkle in your parent’s eyes.

Huntingburg(Southridge) 66-69. Huntingburg only had a little over 4000 total population but the gym was built in 1951 and at that time held over 7000. The fire marshal came in years later and took the seating capacity to 6300 I believe. It was one of the world’s largest high school gyms in the world at that time. Up until class basketball started the sectional was sold out every year. We played Boonville back in those days when we both played in the SIAC. Long before you were a twinkle in your parent’s eyes.
Loved playing baseball at southridge.. best field in southern Indiana

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312
Bedford North Lawrence -1975-1977
Went to Shawswick Grade School, Junior High and HS my Freshman year. Two of the Schools Damon Bailey made famous.

Go Hoosiers

Reactions: jeffwheat69
Bedford North Lawrence -1975-1977
Went to Shawswick Grade School, Junior High and HS my Freshman year. Two of the Schools Damon Bailey made famous.

Go Hoosiers
My family on my mother’s side are from pinhook. Last name is Speer and Allen.

Reactions: 82IU
Bloomington North 1993.

South 2003. Cougars suck panthers rule.

Have pride in yourself and the Panthers is a quote many of us still live by. Hearing that after every morning announcements through the PA always made me chuckle.

Reactions: ufo33
Boonville 94
Set the Wayback Machine for 1969. Evansville Bosse...

One older brother was attending Bosse when they won the State Championship in basketball...I think in '63.

I don't go back much. But they do have decent donuts at the Donut Bank.

And Ellis Park thoroughbred racetrack is very fun once in a great while...it is notable being on the north side of the Ohio River and still in Kentucky and immediately adjacent to Evansville. And for the record, UK sux and lost to U of E!

South Bend Central 1962-1966.

School was closed some years ago and turned into apartments.
If you still reside thereabouts we could practically be neighbors, rare IU folks in the northern climes.

While I grew up in the Detroit suburbs - Milford/White Lake Lakeland class of ‘90
- my old man is Mishawaka class of ‘60 and my son will be Mishawaka Marian class of ‘26.

P.S. I’m sorry I called you a bitch in the pizza thread.

EDIT. Apologies extended to all on the forum I’ve ever called that, as well as to those I’ve dubbed “trashed out skanks.” Please mark this as an “in perpetuity” sort of thing, additionally.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
Anderson High School 1978
I remember Norm Held and the Wigwam well. There were a lot of great Anderson teams. We opened up against Anderson and I had the pleasure of playing at the Wigwam my sophomore and senior years.

Lost my sophomore year. I believe the score was 66-60.
Won my senior year 104-98.
My junior year we won by 31 at home to open the season against a top 5 Anderson squad. The score was roughly 115-84.

Washington High School (Daviess County)in the early to mid 80's. Washington won their sectional this year. I was looking forward to seeing them perhaps play Silver Creek who has Trey Kaufman who is on many of our recruiting boards.
Washington won the big 8 conference my senior year

Reactions: ufo33
Urey, I had relatives (Aunts, Uncles and Cousins) living in Boonville. Probably before your time. Stateler and Eskew. I visited Boonville many times in my youth. I’m fact, I had numerous relatives in Southern Indiana.

Reactions: ulrey
Urey, I had relatives (Aunts, Uncles and Cousins) living in Boonville. Probably before your time. Stateler and Eskew. I visited Boonville many times in my youth. I’m fact, I had numerous relatives in Southern Indiana.
I know a few Eskews. There is a Eskew Rd in Boonville as well

Set the Wayback Machine for 1969. Evansville Bosse...

One older brother was attending Bosse when they won the State Championship in basketball...I think in '63.

I don't go back much. But they do have decent donuts at the Donut Bank.

And Ellis Park thoroughbred racetrack is very fun once in a great while...it is notable being on the north side of the Ohio River and still in Kentucky and immediately adjacent to Evansville. And for the record, UK sux and lost to U of E!

Castle 87.

Loved me some Donut Bank apple fritters. And since you started it, Steve's Una Pizza too.

Man do I miss those.

Washington won the big 8 conference my senior year
I remember one year Booneville came to Washington and beat us something like 98-0 in football. It was less work for those of us in the band because every time we scored a touchdown we had to play the school song. Lol. One great point about Booneville is they have a Gatti's pizza. For some reason when I mention Gattis I get a visceral reaction from people. lol

Reactions: cryano
I remember one year Booneville came to Washington and beat us something like 98-0 in football. It was less work for those of us in the band because every time we scored a touchdown we had to play the school song. Lol. One great point about Booneville is they have a Gatti's pizza. For some reason when I mention Gattis I get a visceral reaction from people. lol
Gattis isn't there anymore. I surprised Boonville would run up the score like that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT