ADVERTISEMENT

what high school did you attend what year

I have had nothing to do with them and I am not responsible for the Lincoln program since '82. I do remember them being the runner up in 84 after winning in '81 in the single class tournament and several regional titles.

YOU sound like the purdue fan. Trying to compare Vincennes and Boonville is like comparing the history of IU and purdue. Starting next year Vincennes will be in the SIAC and Boonville in the PAC.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/...thern-indiana-athletic-conference/1366802001/

I’m talking about your “Jasper sucks” comment, you know, like how the PUkes chant IU sucks due to their jealousy...

Reactions: jimmygoiu
I’m talking about your “Jasper sucks” comment, you know, like how the PUkes chant IU sucks due to their jealousy...
Everybody knows Jasper sucks. It isn't out of jealousy I say they suck. I remember our bus being disabled in the Jasper football parking lot after we beat them in football. The headlights, tail lights and several windows were broken. The Jasper AD refused to loan us a bus to get home or parts to get our bus on the road. We waited for another bus to come from Vincennes to take the team home.

As I said, Jasper sucks.

Kendallville High School, Class of '65. Next-to-last KHS graduating class. Now East Noble. In my four years in high school we were always the largest school as well as the host and we never won a sectional. My senior year we were 0-9 in football and 1-21 in basketball. Beat Avilla in first game of sectional for only win of season. Then fired the coach, John Lebo.

Everybody knows Jasper sucks. It isn't out of jealousy I say they suck. I remember our bus being disabled in the Jasper football parking lot after we beat them in football. The headlights, tail lights and several windows were broken. The Jasper AD refused to loan us a bus to get home or parts to get our bus on the road. We waited for another bus to come from Vincennes to take the team home.

As I said, Jasper sucks.
As I said, just like butthurt PUkes...

My mom and dad were in the Fort Wayne Central Class of '42. The Tigers were expected to win the state, but Wolf Lake beat them in the regional. Dad said mom cried and cried. The next year Central won it all.

As I said, just like butthurt PUkes...
Butthurt about what? Schools were jealous of us! A state championship in the first year of the Big 8 and a runner up 3 years later. Your school can't get close even with class basketball. You are clueless.

Reactions: Radio Zero
I know Andy (and Cain). I also went to Rushville, born and raised. I haven't lived there for several years now, but most of my family is still there.
Right on. We moved to Rush County when I was young. I haven't lived there since the oughts, but my Dad was a somewhat popular local musician there before he died last year. Most of my family lives in Fayette County, where my mom and dad went to high school. When did you graduate?

Vincennes Lincoln '82

#1 in '81

My first road football game in junior high was at Boonville. The field always had a ridiculous amount of crown to it. You ran uphill to the middle of the field and downhill the rest of the way across.

Glad Vincennes is returning to the SIAC. It will onc
images
e again be a strong conference. Oh yeah, Jasper sucks!

Jasper - Vincennes ia one helluva bitter rivalry. Gunner Wyman, HOF Vincennes Basketball Coach, said it all for eternity.

As I said, Jasper sucks.

totally false.

Jasper - Vincennes ia one helluva bitter rivalry. Gunner Wyman, HOF Vincennes Basketball Coach, said it all for eternity.

As I alluded to earlier, reminds me a lot of the IU-PU rivalry (all sports) in that it seems to be a bigger deal to Vincennes than Jasper folks. I’ve not seen any unsolicited “Vincennes sucks” or mentions of them on tombstones...

As I said, Jasper sucks.
Sounds more like Martinsville.

Reactions: Rock1820 and kkott
Bloomington South 1994

Undefeated 5A State Champs in football in 1993. :cool: We were so good. When we played North they never even crossed the 50 yard line against us. :p I think something like 15 of us went on to play in college too.

Reactions: kkott
Bloomington South 1994

Undefeated 5A State Champs in football in 1993. :cool: We were so good. When we played North they never even crossed the 50 yard line against us. :p I think something like 15 of us went on to play in college too.
North-was a basketball school. South-was a football school. How things have changed.

North-was a basketball school. South-was a football school. How things have changed.

South has always been a football school. You can go all the way back to the 60's and The Streak. JR Holmes has been at South for like 40 years. The only reason he was able to overtake football as king was because Mo Moriarity decided to leave South and go to IU and coach. That said, I believe that South has won the sectional in football like 5 or 6 straight seasons and they've won multiple regional titles in that span as well. Will be interesting to see what the new football coach can do since Mo retired after last season.

Bloomington South 1994

To be fair, North had a terrible football team the whole time I was there (which includes the season above) and finished well below 0.500 each year. I think in my 4 years they may have won about 1/3 of their games.

But, yes, South was quite good at football during the same period. And swimming.

I have had nothing to do with them and I am not responsible for the Lincoln program since '82. I do remember them being the runner up in 84 after winning in '81 in the single class tournament and several regional titles.

YOU sound like the purdue fan. Trying to compare Vincennes and Boonville is like comparing the history of IU and purdue. Starting next year Vincennes will be in the SIAC and Boonville in the PAC.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/...thern-indiana-athletic-conference/1366802001/
Vinncennes sectionals was always a walk in the park.. North Knox and South Knox

Reactions: Hoosierific

Who's comparing Boonville to Vinncennes in this thread?

To be fair, North had a terrible football team the whole time I was there (which includes the season above) and finished well below 0.500 each year. I think in my 4 years they may have won about 1/3 of their games.

But, yes, South was quite good at football during the same period. And swimming.

Yeah, but we never stopped a team from crossing the 50 yard line for an entire game. It was pretty sweet. I also got the Defensive Player award for that game as I led us in solo tackles. The swim team had some foreigners that moved into town that were somehow affiliated with IU. They won a bunch of individual state titles.

Reactions: kkott and minneman
Yeah, but we never stopped a team from crossing the 50 yard line for an entire game. It was pretty sweet. I also got the Defensive Player award for that game as I led us in solo tackles. The swim team had some foreigners that moved into town that were somehow affiliated with IU. They won a bunch of individual state titles.
The swimmers I remember weren't foreign. Matt Pendleton, Ben Hunter, Brian Stryker, and Ryan Tabereaux. A couple of others whose names I can't recall. But they probably would've been underclassmen or in middle school when you were in HS.

The swimmers I remember weren't foreign. Matt Pendleton, Ben Hunter, Brian Stryker, and Ryan Tabereaux. A couple of others whose names I can't recall. But they probably would've been underclassmen or in middle school when you were in HS.
I know some of those dudes.

You probably know Ralph Seyboldt (sp?). He was married to my cousin for about 50 years. Unfortunately, she passed away about a year ago. Ralph is a good golfer and a great guy!

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT