ADVERTISEMENT

What gives ?

IUCharlie5

Redshirt
Jul 31, 2017
Besides Isaiah Whitehead, who is now in the NBA, Seton Hall has only recruited 3 four star players since 2014 and those 3 were the only 3 that were even top 150 players in their classes. On paper, according to recruiting classes and commitments IU has the way more talented team. I know I know, rankings don’t always mean everything, but yet they do at the same time. No reason IU shouldn’t be a top 30 team or keep losing like we do if Seton Hall is this good. Players need to get their heads out of their butts and start playing harder. Stop turning the ball over and play some damn D. Seniors don’t know what D is obviously and if that’s the way it is then sit them. Especially Newkirk. Play Durham over him.

Reactions: Lucy01
Besides Isaiah Whitehead, who is now in the NBA, Seton Hall has only recruited 3 four star players since 2014 and those 3 were the only 3 that were even top 150 players in their classes. On paper, according to recruiting classes and commitments IU has the way more talented team. I know I know, rankings don’t always mean everything, but yet they do at the same time. No reason IU shouldn’t be a top 30 team or keep losing like we do if Seton Hall is this good. Players need to get their heads out of their butts and start playing harder. Stop turning the ball over and play some damn D. Seniors don’t know what D is obviously and if that’s the way it is then sit them. Especially Newkirk. Play Durham over him.
Thanks, coach!

Reactions: The Vid

But now you know ....

.... why Archie Miller never smiles.

Maybe in a couple of years, after he's had time to break everything down and build it back up to his, and our, expectations, we'll see some progress. And maybe then Archie will allow the faintest hint of a smile to appear. Until then, expect some rough sledding.

Rankings be damned, no Coach who watched that game would think IU has the (way? Ha!) more talented roster. That's a solid, experienced team. Not great, but I do think definitely top 20. They also didn't lose their 3 top scorers from last year, and are playing a system they know, and were recruited to play in. I understand being frustrated, but reign it in, and don't make yourself look foolish.

I saw progress in the first half, and in various things throughout the game. Much of what is quite correctable, will make us very competitive in most games if we'll do it. Telling players is one thing, convincing and showing them is quite another. I believe this team will play better based on what I saw. We get Hartman back, CAM has more time to enforce what he's teaching.... things will get better, but we probably won't be at a top 20/tourney level until he has players he recruited to play in his system.

I agree, I’m a big Archie fan. It just seems like some players are not giving him their all. IU is going to be a fun team to watch next year. I also do believe that this years team will be much better with Hartman on the floor as well.

On paper, according to recruiting classes and commitments IU has the way more talented team.

But Seton Hall has kids that have been playing in a system (esp the 3 seniors) with a established culture. That is huge! Butler wasn't nearly as talented as the teams they played to get to 2 consecutive title games. But they had continuity and culture. IU is still developing theirs.

It takes time. I know it's hard, but just be patient.

And Archie made an elite 8 with zero top 100 players or 4 star players. Give him time to get his roster in here and then we will see him start winning games. This year is going to be a struggle

All of those players have played together in the same system for 4 years. Once the players get into college I don't think ranking matter one bit. Look at our team in 89 they did not have the best talent but won the big ten. Teams like UI and UM that year had multiple NBA players on it and went to the final four.

ADVERTISEMENT