ADVERTISEMENT

What does it take for Archie to get an extension next year?

ummmm we have Gunn coming in! I’ve read what you all have had to say about him and he certainly seems like a big time game changer. A huge miss by the recruiting analysts having him outside the top 100. Seems like he should be in the top 10-15 range
Have you watched him play? I watched him in the game he hit 9 threes, very impressive shooter, but virtually nothing else - mediocre defender and he will need major weight training in order to not get demolished in the BIG. Archie recruits wings only, not great point guards or versatile bigs. Plus, he arrives in 2022 - so no help next season.
The ONLY recruit CAM has for next year is Logan Duncomb and he is a post player, one dimensional and does not really have a game outside the post. Look at Franz Wagner yesterday, or Livers, IU has no one like those guys and no one coming in like those guys. Archie admitted one of the reasons they lost was because of size, but Archie can't seem to get those guys to come to IU (Dawson Garcia from the 2020 recruiting class or Kaufman/Miller this year.

Same here. There is nothing worse than diving into a pool at 6am in the middle of Winter.
My pool had sliding glass doors at opposite ends with the pool in between. I recall one winter practice where coach had the doors open and it generated so much fog you couldn’t see across the deck. Let’s just say that day was an easier workout.

I'm an IU grad (as was my dad and grandmother) and yes, being a 50 year old dude basketball is my thing that I spend most of my attention on.

The basketball program is definitely in the entertainment business but it's not really in the entertainment business.

It just doesn't work that way.

It's a college first and it's main responsibility is supposed to be giving all of our student athletes the best college experience that it can.

I agree with you on a lot but not this even though I feel you.

Oh, don't be surprised if we beat MSU and Purdue if he keeps Hunter at the three. That lineup only got down five unofficially.

Hunter, even though he does some dumb shit, is our only wing that isn't one demensional. He's not great at anything but he's an okay lengthy defender, a good shooter and can rebound.

Probably no way we win both (which I think would almost officially eliminate us because I think there is a. 500 overall policy for the Ncaa and we now have to win both to offset the upcoming BTT loss.

I think we get one of two if he keeps with the lineup he started today.

Is the .500 policy still in play with shortened non-conference schedules this season? Had been wondering about that recently and couldn’t find anything.

It won't work, coaches contracts are public. It would the equivalent of giving him an extra year at the veteran's minimum in the NBA every year. That info would certainly be used against him in recruiting
Right. Sure.

Hey Steve, I hear Indiana's in your top 5. You know Coach Miller's contract has no buyout clause in it right? Do you really think you can play for a coach with no buyout clause? I have an enormous buyout clause.

17 year old kids are waaaaay into buyout clauses. Archie didn't even want the buyout clause, he just felt like he needed it to recruit.

Right. Sure.

Hey Steve, I hear Indiana's in your top 5. You know Coach Miller's contract has no buyout clause in it right? Do you really think you can play for a coach with no buyout clause? I have an enormous buyout clause.

17 year old kids are waaaaay into buyout clauses. Archie didn't even want the buyout clause, he just felt like he needed it to recruit.
No, it would be along the lines of that place doesn't expect him to be there more than a year, so why don't you sign up with a stable program

Oh is it laughable? I have some deep pockets, you wanna put some money on this or are you gonna not reply to me for a month like last time when your mouth wrote a check your ass cant cash :).
You and your deep pockets must have heard of Title IX.

Is the .500 policy still in play with shortened non-conference schedules this season? Had been wondering about that recently and couldn’t find anything.

I'm wondering that also. If it is we have to win the next two cause a split makes it pretty tough to get over. 500.

If it's waived for this strange year than maybe we just need to win one of two and then one in the BTT.

I'm at the point where they could lose out. It doesn't matter anymore.

No, it would be along the lines of that place doesn't expect him to be there more than a year, so why don't you sign up with a stable program
Extending him so he has 4 years on his deal, with little to no buyout, would not leave people thinking he's only going to be there 1 year.

ADVERTISEMENT