Junior
Jan 20, 2002
a) inability to make layups
b) unforced turnovers
c) missed free throws
d) no outside shooting
e) all of the above

I don't believe there is an incorrect answer, only one that is more correct

The inordinate number of missed “bunnies” is getting a bit irritating. Even one of the announcers today mentioned the high number. What’s up with that? Does no one have a consistent touch, if not a slam dunk? Fatigue? Lack of physicality? Lack of concentration? Talent issue at stake here?

Are our big men just slow of foot for the most part, not reacting instinctively underneath?How does TJD only take one shot the first half? Are we not playing to our strength, Archie?

Deron Davis laughing after making a turnover.
What was it he actually did there, get his own feet tangled such that he had no other out than to trip over his own two feet in travel? I would like to see that again in slow motion. Maybe he was justified in laughing. I don’t think I’ve seen another IU player do it quite like that since I started watching in the early 1960’s.

Lack of energy and effort

Lack of mental discipline.
The wisest words RMK ever uttered: Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one.”

Reactions: mcmurtry66
This team totally lacks Leadership. You either have to get that from the Coach, or if you are lucky have a player or two on the floor who are respected enough to get in a teammate's face and convey a harsh message as needed, or you need a Coach who has the respect of the Players, who can make the tough decisions and discipline the players by controlling playing time and conveying the tough message. If you are a "Player's Coach who doesn't yell at Players and acts like Father Flanigan, you can't suddenly become Bob Knight. People see right through that. Same thing if you are a Player. If you can't play intelligently and well. you can't be the one to deliver the message because you are on the same level as the guy you are trying to light up. You come across as a phony. We have neither Option.

a) inability to make layups
b) unforced turnovers
c) missed free throws
d) no outside shooting
e) all of the above

I don't believe there is an incorrect answer, only one that is more correct

E and Kool Aid drinkers

What a stupid post I hate losing. After that I hate defending losing as an excuse for better things to happen

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT