ADVERTISEMENT

What do these 21 cowards have in common?

So, why did they have to sneak Pence and Republican lawmakers out if everyone was just there for a big cookout?
I don’t follow. These people weren’t invited. They were trespassing and the lawmakers had no idea of their intentions so hiding them was I’m sure SOP and/or out of an abundance of caution

"One was caused by an organized event, the other was caused by an unorganized and unplanned event." for starters one was singular and lasted a few hours with the lion's share of people at applebees for dinner while the other was plural involving months and months of rioting that gave rise to an incomparable number of deaths, injuries, and economic loss. they both imo were similar in that there were spontaneous and planned elements to both.

the way you cast it is that there were ten thousand people with tanks and machine guns with plans on how to overtake the capitol and not give it up until they were carried out in body bags unless they got what they wanted. a massive armed militia who shot their way into the capitol and attempted through armed force to take over the gov and didn't give up until the US military intervened and won the battle.

more bloodshed will take place tonight in an hour in chicago.
The fact that it lasted for months was due to the already rising tensions and a failure of leadership. There have been social justice riots all throughout our history, typically stemming from police brutality claims and we have the same discussion about black on black crime and the cops are victims, etc, but they've never lasted as long as they did under Trump.

When his first words are 'dominate the streets'....well I don't thing that's step one of the de-escalation protocol.

As far as Jan 6th, the basis was the belief that the election was stolen which was propagated by our President's extreme narcissism using loco conspiracy theories that keep changing.

To me that's similar to if it was uncovered that the George Floyd event was staged and/or doctored by Soros to spark last summer's riots.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
We don't need an investigation to understand that. If you understand that, it must be obvious to all, even Louie Gohmert and MTG.

Instead, we need an investigation to understand who specifically caused it, what they did to cause it in the days/weeks preceding, how long in advance did they take action and how they coordinated their activities. Specifically, we need to know what present/former members of Congress, police agencies, state/local public officials and the military were part of that mess, seeking to interrupt one of the few duties of Congress that is absolutely necessary for the rest of the Constitution to work.

I can't understand why you don't want to get to the bottom of this except to protect violent rightwingers (who, so far, have tried to kidnap a state governor and invaded at least three state capitols in the past six months). Is that what the Right really supports?

Many of these dummies were Bernie supporters. Then trump started his drain the swamp rhetoric so they gravitated to him. I’m not sure right wingers is the right classification. Now that trump is out they’re rudderless looking for a host from either party

We don't need an investigation to understand that. If you understand that, it must be obvious to all, even Louie Gohmert and MTG.

Instead, we need an investigation to understand who specifically caused it, what they did to cause it in the days/weeks preceding, how long in advance did they take action and how they coordinated their activities. Specifically, we need to know what present/former members of Congress, police agencies, state/local public officials and the military were part of that mess, seeking to interrupt one of the few duties of Congress that is absolutely necessary for the rest of the Constitution to work.

I can't understand why you don't want to get to the bottom of this except to protect violent rightwingers (who, so far, have tried to kidnap a state governor and invaded at least three state capitols in the past six months). Is that what the Right really supports?

They have gotten brainwashed so badly that they only support the GOP, not America. They get told over and over how evil liberals are that they see people like Putin as better than liberals. It's to the point that many (not all) GOPers just see it as an ends justify the means and anything that keeps liberals out of power is fine and dandy.

The fact that it lasted for months was due to the already rising tensions and a failure of leadership. There have been social justice riots all throughout our history, typically stemming from police brutality claims and we have the same discussion about black on black crime and the cops are victims, etc, but they've never lasted as long as they did under Trump.

When his first words are 'dominate the streets'....well I don't thing that's step one of the de-escalation protocol.

As far as Jan 6th, the basis was the belief that the election was stolen which was propagated by our President's extreme narcissism using loco conspiracy theories that keep changing.

To me that's similar to if it was uncovered that the George Floyd event was staged and/or doctored by Soros to spark last summer's riots.

They lasted that long bc local democratic politicians allowed them to. Had nothing to do with trump.

Criminal behavior should and is being investigated by the appropriate law enforcement agencies.

You're advocating for a congressional sideshow.

Yup, if Trump would have pretended to care and pretended to understand their issues (even if he had no intention of addressing them) then the riots probably would have died out faster. But the only person Trump ever backs down to is Putin.

Plus, he probably thought blaming the BLM movement on the democrats was a wise political strategy.

Reactions: TommyCracker
I don’t follow. These people weren’t invited. They were trespassing and the lawmakers had no idea of their intentions so hiding them was I’m sure SOP and/or out of an abundance of caution
But, these guys were obviously patriots who were loved by Trump. The GOP lawmakers should have been linking arms and singing Kumbayah with them

I hear ya, politics suck in general.

I also don't know if the term 'insurrection' was drawn in the sand by both sides so it's just semantics.

Meaning I don't know if there was a counter offer to change the word to riot and therefore the 21 would have signed off in agreement to recognize the officers that went above and beyond their duty or if it was being defiant in everything involved with Jan 6th.

For a big part of that list I expect that is the case but I hope in Massie's case it's the wording, even though it's still disappointing imo.

I truly wonder if we'll ever get away from the current political tactics and rhetoric. Unfortunately they have been effective in stoking the fears and division to keep those fundraising dollars flowing into each party and movement.
The current ones are not actually gifted in either politics or rhetoric. What they know is dogwhistles and soundbites. That's all.

We need someone like Lincoln or FDR, both confronted with a critical need for action in the face of inertia or even opposition.

Why don't you move to D.C.? Then you could be around this crap 24 hours/day. As a bonus, you've be off this board.
Well this is certainly stupid. I didn't even reply to you, and basically wasn't even addressing you. I didn't even attack your stupid posts in this thread...

I was basically talking to Tommy, adding my perspective to the points he made.As I said, conventional wisdom says the Pubs will take the House, but they seem to be doing their damndest to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...

Personally, I find that extremely pleasing because if Dems are able to increase their majorities in both Houses, that will make it easier to get things done. I'm sorry if my interest in politics offends you. I have no idea where your personal interests lie. But you're posting on a highly politicized board as a citizen of a very polarized nation, and I'm posting about politics on a board that seems to revolve around politics...

So I don't get the beef? If this were a board concerning Electrical Engineering or if this thread wasn't dealing with politics, Jan 6, and GOP failings (all covered to some extent in my post) then my post could be considered off-topic. But as it is, I felt it fit exactly to the point Tommy made, as well as the theme of the thread itself.

Well this is certainly stupid. I didn't even reply to you, and basically wasn't even addressing you. I didn't even attack your stupid posts in this thread...

I was basically talking to Tommy, adding my perspective to the points he made.As I said, conventional wisdom says the Pubs will take the House, but they seem to be doing their damndest to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...

Personally, I find that extremely pleasing because if Dems are able to increase their majorities in both Houses, that will make it easier to get things done. I'm sorry if my interest in politics offends you. I have no idea where your personal interests lie. But you're posting on a highly politicized board as a citizen of a very polarized nation, and I'm posting about politics on a board that seems to revolve around politics...

So I don't get the beef? If this were a board concerning Electrical Engineering or if this thread wasn't dealing with politics, Jan 6, and GOP failings (all covered to some extent in my post) then my post could be considered off-topic. But as it is, I felt it fit exactly to the point Tommy made, as well as the theme of the thread itself.
That’ll make it easier to get things done huh. What do you want done?

1. They were pissed.

2. They wanted everyone to know they were pissed.
Seriously? Nothing else? Your theory is not actually believable.

Do you realize they came to the Capitol on the exact date, minute and hour that Pence was certifying the electoral votes and "they" threatened to hang Pence.

If you voted for Trump, please tell us whether you think you also voted for Pence at any time. (Sssshhh. Please don't tell him.)

They lasted that long bc local democratic politicians allowed them to. Had nothing to do with trump.
I agree and disagree.

I agree that democratic leaders failed at getting it under control but I disagree that Trump's proclamations kept the fire burning.

Every president has faced this and each one has called for calm and patience, including 2 pub Presidents and 2 Dems. There never was a president threatening violence, punishment and instigating resentment as Trump did.

Hell I believe he saw it as a political win that took the focus off the pandemic and let him do what he does best....blame and scapegoat.

Now, tell me the reason for the 500 riots this summer in Portland & Seattle, and what they were trying to accomplish? Or should we say "insurrections" as buildings were attacked and sometimes occupied.
Not yet.

First tell us what do riots in the summer (4-5 months prior to the Rightwing riots of Jan. 6) have to do with the current topic, other than as an excuse not to discuss Jan. 6. Do you know?

Original thoughts hurt mushy’s head. He prefers them to be chewed up and spit into his mouth.

I agree and disagree.

I agree that democratic leaders failed at getting it under control but I disagree that Trump's proclamations kept the fire burning.

Every president has faced this and each one has called for calm and patience, including 2 pub Presidents and 2 Dems. There never was a president threatening violence, punishment and instigating resentment as Trump did.

Hell I believe he saw it as a political win that took the focus off the pandemic and let him do what he does best....blame and scapegoat.
oh for sure. trump exacerbated things and i agree that he thought lawlessness would be a boon to his campaign

Ask Ranger. I think his answer would be more useful.
Simply asking for a little ideological consistency from you and Cos, that's all. The Republicans used Benghazi as a political hammer to wield against Hillary and the Democrats. It was gross.

If you don't think the Democrats are proposing a January 6th commission for the same reason, you're mistaken.

Original thoughts hurt mushy’s head. He prefers them to be chewed up and spit into his mouth.
I'm stealing your last sentence.

How much do I need to pay you in royalties? Is it a one time payment or recurring every time I steal your line?

Who says you can't learn anything on the WC?

I hope the Left doesn't adopt the Trump mentality. It's tragic enough that the Right has done that.

Shutterstock-Trump-stands-with-a-glowing-halo-hanging-sideways-off-his-head.jpg
Wow. What a contribution. Well done.

Reactions: Stuffshot
putin's comments ragging on blm and the summer of love riots and characterizing jan 6 as people who came to the US Congress with political demands and ended up with criminal charges placed on them was funny. he plays whatabout too.
Wait a sec. Are you the first to inject Putin into this thread about the 21 GOP that voted against an award for the police?

Seriously? Nothing else? Your theory is not actually believable.

Do you realize they came to the Capitol on the exact date, minute and hour that Pence was certifying the electoral votes and "they" threatened to hang Pence.

If you voted for Trump, please tell us whether you think you also voted for Pence at any time. (Sssshhh. Please don't tell him.)
Gaslit much?

Totally agree and observing how whoever leading Republican candidate manages that.

I don't know how it can be done without a massive revision of history (and assuming Trump fades into retirement, which I don't see happening) is what I'm paying attention to from a game theory POV.

Makes me curious about Liz's endgame. She's very politically savvy.
Well, he could fade into prison or an ankle bracelet too.

An amazing thing about the Trump family is that none of the children have rebelled yet. I was rebelling in 7th grade at least a little bit. All those Trump children have their own millions by now, but they act like they have no choices.

I have no idea what you are saying. My comment re Putin was his comments today
It's a good comment. Couldn't you at least put it into the soccer thread where Putin will stay out of the way of the current discussion? 😬

Gaslit much?
Our side doesn't gaslight ...there's no left wing liberal nationalistic agenda. Russia, Iran and China don't have troll farms dedicated to pushing the liberal progressive agenda. Plus it just doesn't work against the socially secure and educated. Gaslighting only works on the socially malcontent and stupid.

It still eventually targets and radicalizes us because we have to put up with what the dumb people say after being gaslighted because like most normal sane people, we get angry at gross stupidity and begin to hate the dumbasses who repeat it.

So the propaganda has a multi target ability that radicalizes both sides but in different ways. It radicalizes the dumb, the dumb in turn piss us off by being dumb, thus radicalizing us.

This is known ..

signed, Goebbels.

Last edited:
Well, he could fade into prison or an ankle bracelet too.

An amazing thing about the Trump family is that none of the children have rebelled yet. I was rebelling in 7th grade at least a little bit. All those Trump children have their own millions by now, but they act like they have no choices.
Going on a tangent here, one of the best pieces of advice I ever heard (even though it didn't apply to me but I saw it when I got into corporate with some buddies) was to 'live your life as if your parents were dead'.

So many people, especially those from well off families, have parents that are completely up their asses on their lives and their choices that it really hinders them from making bold career decisions.

Chose a career you want, not one your daddy expects you to take.

Yeah, I can see Trump's kids in many ways. One completely devoid of interpersonal abilities and having extremely low emotional intelligence as much as I can see them being pretty f#$ked up from trying to meet expectations growing up in the shadow.

My dad was a school teacher and a wannabe computer tech (as a side hustle) so I don't have a clue what it's like growing up with a hard ass, asshole father.

Glad you posted this. No offense to Ranger but your anti-Trump bona fides are (imho) a lot more pronounced than his...
I wouldn’t say that. He’s clearly been anti-Trump all along too. It’s safe to say he never voted for him either.

I would have had more respect for them if they had just released a joint press release saying they voted against it because voting for it would have negatively impacted their standing in the party of Trump.
That's right, but that would have been the honest, actual reason. They unfortunately have forgotten about that part.

An unplanned and unorganized event that was caught on camera for the world to see.

If the rioters plan was to kidnap and/or assassinate political leaders to take over, yes that's an insurrection.

You're an idiot Tommy. Those riots went on for months. There was a hell of a lot of planning and organization involved.

Trump said 'dominate the streets' to the limp-dicked mayors of Portland & Seattle who refused to do anything to stop the rioting that was occurring non-stop for months.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Our side doesn't gaslight ...there's no left wing liberal nationalistic agenda. Russia, Iran and China don't have troll farms dedicated to pushing the liberal progressive agenda. Plus it just doesn't work against the socially secure and educated. Gaslighting only works on the socially malcontent and stupid.

It still eventually targets and radicalizes us because we have to put up with what the dumb people say after being gaslighted because like most normal sane people, we get angry at gross stupidity and begin to hate the dumbasses who repeat it.

So the propaganda has a multi target ability that radicalizes both sides but in different ways. It radicalizes the dumb, the dumb in turn piss us off by being dumb, thus radicalizing us.

This is known ..

signed, Goebbels.
If you sincerely believe this, I really feel sorry for you.

I really hope US Rangers are not assigned to put their asses on the line to conduct missions based on whether little people say they are "pissed" about (?) well pissed about something.
Huh?

biden, harris, blacks, cabellas, their local pro sports team, the union steward, republicans, democrats, government, the establishment, ryan seacrets, that teiggen moron, anderson cooper, the kardashians, admissions offices all over, on and on
Not saying you are wrong, but these are not good enough reasons for most Republicans to to riot or insurrect or take a dump.

Not saying you are wrong, but these are not good enough reasons for most Republicans to to riot or insurrect or take a dump.
What are good enough reasons for Dems? Social injustice without supporting data? You realize there was no data supporting the Floyd protests/riots correct?

ADVERTISEMENT