ADVERTISEMENT

What do these 21 cowards have in common?

I’m lost. My whole point in this garbage thread is that the term insurrection is political gaslighting. Nobody was using the term insurrection when events like the below happened. It’s yet another example of your side gaslighting America to think you’re better than us.

Insurrection is discussed in the 18 US code 2383. If federal agents can charge and convict under that code they can and should. They aren’t because they’re smarter than that. Yet you would propose a Benghazi style commission which I’m sure you opposed then.

You all need to Grow. The. ****. Up.

sorry, in case you can’t tell I’ve had it up to my eyeballs with the Left’s bull shit. I have spurned the GOP long ago and you can’t get out of your own way to get guys like me to consider your way. Your way is ****ing awful.
I hear ya, politics suck in general.

I also don't know if the term 'insurrection' was drawn in the sand by both sides so it's just semantics.

Meaning I don't know if there was a counter offer to change the word to riot and therefore the 21 would have signed off in agreement to recognize the officers that went above and beyond their duty or if it was being defiant in everything involved with Jan 6th.

For a big part of that list I expect that is the case but I hope in Massie's case it's the wording, even though it's still disappointing imo.

I truly wonder if we'll ever get away from the current political tactics and rhetoric. Unfortunately they have been effective in stoking the fears and division to keep those fundraising dollars flowing into each party and movement.

I hear ya, politics suck in general.

I also don't know if the term 'insurrection' was drawn in the sand by both sides so it's just semantics.

Meaning I don't know if there was a counter offer to change the word to riot and therefore the 21 would have signed off in agreement to recognize the officers that went above and beyond their duty or if it was being defiant in everything involved with Jan 6th.

For a big part of that list I expect that is the case but I hope in Massie's case it's the wording, even though it's still disappointing imo.

I truly wonder if we'll ever get away from the current political tactics and rhetoric. Unfortunately they have been effective in stoking the fears and division to keep those fundraising dollars flowing into each party and movement.
I would have had more respect for them if they had just released a joint press release saying they voted against it because voting for it would have negatively impacted their standing in the party of Trump.

So browbeat Trump over his actions (or inaction) that day. Got it. I see you're on the "they had collaborators in congress" band wagon. We could use your support in the Clinton body count thread as it seems you go for that sort of thing.

Democrats love to say that the GOP is still the party of Trump, but you also seem to be the ones most eager to dredge him back up. Ironic.

Cute of you to throw in the Pelosi piece at the end to give the appearance of impartiality.

Of course were going to highlight Trump until you cut him out.

I can tie you into his crazy pretty easily (if we were competing candidates).

The more Trump presses that the election was stolen the more pressure he puts on republican candidates going forward (until he convinces the majority of the country that the election was stolen, which right now isn't close to accurate).

I just have to ask you if you believe Biden is the legit president and however you answer I can run with until Trump is cut out.

And regards to a commission, it's standard operating procedure. There are commissions on pretty much every governmental event. As Ranger mentionex there was a commission for Benghazi.

There's been 521 arrests and counting but that isn't getting to the motive for the behavior (as most of the arrested have said they were acting on Trump's influence).

Look, in my view I'd prefer it was taken care of in house. I had a glimmer of hope that was the last straw for the party and they were going to use that to finally cut Trump out.

But they haven't and worse yet they are fighting and spinning so yeah, we're going to do this the hard way and it's going to be painful.

You'll never convince me or I'm guessing the majority of Americans that what we saw was anything different than what it was.

It was predicted.

Just like I'm not going to be surprised one bit if we haven't seen the end of right wing violence in the name of Trump. I'm anticipating the cyber ninjas will say Arizona was stolen, then Pennsylvania will follow suit and then Georgia.

When Trump is rejected again...expect more political violence.

Luckily the 'soldiers' are cosplay/larp wannabe tough guys that fortunately/unfortunately will be taken down hard by our armed forces.

This whole speculation is dumb but the more Trump lingers while pushing he was cheated...a lot of violent people believe him and will act on it.

I'm expecting someone to take a shot at Biden (if the cyber ninjas declare Trump the elected president).

We'll see.
The Pubs (imho) are seriously miscalculating by not dealing with this before the midterm camapigns start and letting this linger. These trials will seemingly be going full swing during the heat of the midterm campaigns. That may end up turning conventional wisdom about apathy among voters who support the most recently elected Admin on its head.

That further exacerbates the GOP Condundrum in 2022- the Trump factor. They need him for fundraising and to satisfy the cult voters who are the most animated and influential in the primary. But large swaths of voters in Purple districts HATE Trump, so the more a Pub candidate in Blue/Purple states tries to play up a connection to Trump after their primary the more risk they run of turning out votes for their opponent in the general election...

The Pubs have lost millions of voters in the aftermath of Jan 6. I believe the House will go ahead with their inquiry, and I believe we will continue to learn of possible Congressional Pub "involvement".For instance today we learn that Dana Rohrbacher
breached police barricades at the Capitol but claims he didn't commit any violent acts or go inside...

Now the GOP recently took back the CA 48th (which Rohrbacher lost in 2018 by 7 %), in a razor-thin margin in 2020 which was largely dependant on covid issues and complacency issues among Dem voters. If Steel runs as an Incumbent she is likely going to be forced to adopt a Trumpist agenda to please GOP Primary Trump supporters.

But it's possible Rohrbacher's involvement in the riot on Jan 6 will become a thorny issue and will put her in an awkward position which will force her to alienate more moderate voters, some who likely weren't as motivated to vote in 2020. QAnon supporters running in GOP Primaries and others who bring to mind Jan 6 are going to make it less likely that Dem voters will stay home in competitive races.

Look at this idiot running in NH. He's going to inspire Dems with an anti-insurrectionist vent to vote against him. But what rational GOP voters are going to vote for a candidate who is barred from going to DC, and by his own admission doesn't know the difference between the NH Statehouse (as a political office to hold) or being a US Congress member FROM NH?

Last edited:
There's already been an investigation into the security failures of that day. Democrats just want another excuse to browbeat Trump and Trumpers in the name of an "Investigation". It's purposeless.
How many Benghazi hearings were held over a 2 yr period? Weren't the Benghazi hearings more or less useless after Clinton's full day of testimony? Didn't the GOP pretty much admit that their "purpose" was to wear down Clinton's credibility and popularity?

How many Benghazi hearings were held over a 2 yr period? Weren't the Benghazi hearings more or less useless after Clinton's full day of testimony? Didn't the GOP pretty much admit that their "purpose" was to wear down Clinton's credibility and popularity?
Yes

Reactions: TommyCracker
Did you support the prolonged Benghazi hearings? I'm not sure what you're driving at.

The Pubs (imho) are seriously miscalculating by not dealing with this before the midterm camapigns start and letting this linger. These trials will seemingly be going full swing during the heat of the midterm campaigns. That may end up turning conventional wisdom about apathy among voters who support the most recently elected Admin on its head.

That further exacerbates the GOP Condundrum in 2022- the Trump factor. They need him for fundraising and to satisfy the cult voters who are the most animated and influential in the primary. But large swaths of voters in Purple districts HATE Trump, so the more a Pub candidate in Blue/Purple states tries to play up a connection to Trump after their primary the more risk they run of turning out votes for their opponent in the general election...

The Pubs have lost millions of voters in the aftermath of Jan 6. I believe the House will go ahead with their inquiry, and I believe we will continue to learn of possible Congressional Pub "involvement".For instance today we learn that Dana Rohrbacher
breached police barricades at the Capitol but claims he didn't commit any violent acts or go inside...

Now the GOP recently took back the CA 48th (which Rohrbacher lost in 2018 by 7 %), in a razor-thin margin in 2020 which was largely dependant on covid issues and complacency issues among Dem voters. If Steel runs as an Incumbent she is likely going to be forced to adopt a Trumpist agenda to please GOP Primary Trump supporters.

But it's possible Rohrbacher's involvement in the riot on Jan 6 will become a thorny issue and will put her in an awkward position which will force her to alienate more moderate voters, some who likely weren't as motivated to vote in 2020. QAnon supporters running in GOP Primaries and others who bring to mind Jan 6 are going to make it less likely that Dem voters will stay home in competitive races.

Look at this idiot running in NH. He's going to inspire Dems with an anti-insurrectionist vent to vote against him. But what rational GOP voters are going to vote for a candidate who is barred from going to DC, and by his own admission doesn't know the difference between the NH Statehouse (as a political office to hold) or being a US Congress member FROM NH?

Why don't you move to D.C.? Then you could be around this crap 24 hours/day. As a bonus, you've be off this board.

Now, tell me the reason for the 500 riots this summer in Portland & Seattle, and what they were trying to accomplish? Or should we say "insurrections" as buildings were attacked and sometimes occupied.

Because rioting at random buildings is equal to storming the Capitol building and trying to forcefully undo an election. (Sarcasm in case you missed it)

Btw, no one here defended the damage to buildings/property over the summer.

Reactions: DrHoops and T.M.P.
There's been 521 arrests and counting but that isn't getting to the motive for the behavior (as most of the arrested have said they were acting on Trump's influence).

Look, in my view I'd prefer it was taken care of in house. I had a glimmer of hope that was the last straw for the party and they were going to use that to finally cut Trump out.

But they haven't and worse yet they are fighting and spinning so yeah, we're going to do this the hard way and it's going to be painful.

You'll never convince me or I'm guessing the majority of Americans that what we saw was anything different than what it was.

It was predicted.

Just like I'm not going to be surprised one bit if we haven't seen the end of right wing violence in the name of Trump. I'm anticipating the cyber ninjas will say Arizona was stolen, then Pennsylvania will follow suit and then Georgia.

When Trump is rejected again...expect more political violence.

Luckily the 'soldiers' are cosplay/larp wannabe tough guys that fortunately/unfortunately will be taken down hard by our armed forces.

This whole speculation is dumb but the more Trump lingers while pushing he was cheated...a lot of violent people believe him and will act on it.

I'm expecting someone to take a shot at Biden (if the cyber ninjas declare Trump the elected president).

We'll see.
Some nice projection there.

It was a political protest that got out of hand. You all should be well versed in that after all of the political protests that have gotten out of hand on your side. It was mostly peaceful though, so all good...or so I have been told.

Some nice projection there.

It was a political protest that got out of hand. You all should be well versed in that after all of the political protests that have gotten out of hand on your side. It was mostly peaceful though, so all good...or so I have been told.
putin's comments ragging on blm and the summer of love riots and characterizing jan 6 as people who came to the US Congress with political demands and ended up with criminal charges placed on them was funny. he plays whatabout too.

Because rioting at random buildings is equal to storming the Capitol building and trying to forcefully undo an election. (Sarcasm in case you missed it)

federal courthouses...not random buildings. want to compare injuries, death totals, property damage, diminution of biz values, livelihoods lost, and duration?

Sounds super open and shut then so we can expect that the charges filled will reflect that right? Or has the Left adopted the Trump mentality that the law is what you want it to be and the truth is only political?
I hope the Left doesn't adopt the Trump mentality. It's tragic enough that the Right has done that.

Shutterstock-Trump-stands-with-a-glowing-halo-hanging-sideways-off-his-head.jpg

Totally agree and observing how whoever leading Republican candidate manages that.

I don't know how it can be done without a massive revision of history (and assuming Trump fades into retirement, which I don't see happening) is what I'm paying attention to from a game theory POV.

Makes me curious about Liz's endgame. She's very politically savvy.

Totally agree and observing how whoever leading Republican candidate manages that.

I don't know how it can be done without a massive revision of history (and assuming Trump fades into retirement, which I don't see happening) is what I'm paying attention to from a game theory POV.

Makes me curious about Liz's endgame. She's very politically savvy.
i think she made a name for herself by taking a contrarian position but i wouldn't call her politically savvy at all if her aspirations are national. can't forget trump pulled 75 million votes. makes zero sense to ostracize anyone. savvy is figuring out how to wed the crazy trumpers w/ the more mod repubs who are policy-driven. Desantis....

One was caused by an organized event, the other was caused by an unorganized and unplanned event.

Add to it one riot had our 2nd and 3rd in command twenty some yards away from the riot and not just randomly, Pence and Pelosi were targets of the fury.

Yikes.

Why were they pissed? Who pissed them off?
biden, harris, blacks, cabellas, their local pro sports team, the union steward, republicans, democrats, government, the establishment, ryan seacrets, that teiggen moron, anderson cooper, the kardashians, admissions offices all over, on and on

One was caused by an organized event, the other was caused by an unorganized and unplanned event.

Add to it one riot had our 2nd and 3rd in command twenty some yards away from the riot and not just randomly, Pence and Pelosi were targets of the fury.

Yikes.
absurd

Reactions: 76-1
There's already been an investigation into the security failures of that day. Democrats just want another excuse to browbeat Trump and Trumpers in the name of an "Investigation". It's purposeless.
No -- not purposeless. There is a lot we don't know yet about the riots.

The mass flocking to DC on the days preceding Jan. 6 cannot be explained away as the random coincidence of uncoordinated decisions of thousands of individual persons from all over the country, predominantly dressed in Trump garb and banners.

Most average Americans don't spend their New Years Holiday planning a trip to DC without their families (but with their zip ties, protective helmets and bear repellent). The Right doesn't want this rightwing riot to be investigated, because the Right knows exactly where it will lead.

I can remember when the Right used to be the champions of family values, balanced budgets and the rule of law. Don't blame the Left for what the Right has abandoned,

Now, tell me the reason for the 500 riots this summer in Portland & Seattle, and what they were trying to accomplish? Or should we say "insurrections" as buildings were attacked and sometimes occupied.
An unplanned and unorganized event that was caught on camera for the world to see.

If the rioters plan was to kidnap and/or assassinate political leaders to take over, yes that's an insurrection.

I’m lost. My whole point in this garbage thread is that the term insurrection is political gaslighting. Nobody was using the term insurrection when events like the below happened. It’s yet another example of your side gaslighting America to think you’re better than us.

Insurrection is discussed in the 18 US code 2383. If federal agents can charge and convict under that code they can and should. They aren’t because they’re smarter than that. Yet you would propose a Benghazi style commission which I’m sure you opposed then.

You all need to Grow. The. ****. Up.

sorry, in case you can’t tell I’ve had it up to my eyeballs with the Left’s bull shit. I have spurned the GOP long ago and you can’t get out of your own way to get guys like me to consider your way. Your way is ****ing awful.
So, you're saying you oppose discussion of Jan. 6 because of what "BLM" may have done the preceding summer? Wow. Think about that for a second.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

Yikes.

I was hoping the GOP would wake up when one of their own (Pence) became a target of Trump and his minions but alas they were as spineless as ever. Guess they just took it as a sign not to mess with Trump.

i think she made a name for herself by taking a contrarian position but i wouldn't call her politically savvy at all if her aspirations are national. can't forget trump pulled 75 million votes. makes zero sense to ostracize anyone. savvy is figuring out how to wed the crazy trumpers w/ the more mod repubs who are policy-driven. Desantis....
From a game theory, there are hack rumors that Trump's popularity is much weaker than is protested. Something about the RNC withheld some damning polling data.

Liz isn't saying her piece and then shutting up, she's going full on offense. Maybe I give her and her family too much credit but they know the game inside and out and she's got a reputation for being a killer.

Like Pelosi, they have a lot and have learned from their dads (Pelosi's dad had a rep as a ruthless politician in Baltimore if I remember correctly).

I know you Democrats desperately want to keep January 6 on the front burner. I think that will shrink to insignificance in the face of the southern border mess, energy production, cost of living, deteriorating cities, woke backlash, and labor market chaos brought on by ill-advised legislation. The icing on the cake will be the total intellectual void in POTUS and VPOTUS.

No -- not purposeless. There is a lot we don't know yet about the riots.

The mass flocking to DC on the days preceding Jan. 6 cannot be explained away as the random coincidence of uncoordinated decisions of thousands of individual persons from all over the country, predominantly dressed in Trump garb and banners.

Most average Americans don't spend their New Years Holiday planning a trip to DC without their families (but with their zip ties, protective helmets and bear repellent). The Right doesn't want this rightwing riot to be investigated, because the Right knows exactly where it will lead.

I can remember when the Right used to be the champions of family values, balanced budgets and the rule of law. Don't blame the Left for what the Right has abandoned,
Maybe. Just maybe. All those people came to DC for the scheduled Trump rally?

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Really, what part?
"One was caused by an organized event, the other was caused by an unorganized and unplanned event." for starters one was singular and lasted a few hours with the lion's share of people at applebees for dinner while the other was plural involving months and months of rioting that gave rise to an incomparable number of deaths, injuries, and economic loss. they both imo were similar in that there were spontaneous and planned elements to both.

the way you cast it is that there were ten thousand people with tanks and machine guns with plans on how to overtake the capitol and not give it up until they were carried out in body bags unless they got what they wanted. a massive armed militia who shot their way into the capitol and attempted through armed force to take over the gov and didn't give up until the US military intervened and won the battle.

more bloodshed will take place tonight in an hour in chicago.

I was hoping the GOP would wake up when one of their own (Pence) became a target of Trump and his minions but alas they were as spineless as ever. Guess they just took it as a sign not to mess with Trump.
That's my assumption also.

You watched Graham basically cut his ties the day after (which is what I thought was going to happen with the party) and then watched him go through that airport being called a traitor, etc by the extreme of his base.

The cynical line I liked, and this came from a McCain/Bush/Cheney republican was 'thank God these republican leaders weren't in charge of Normandy cuz we'd all be speaking German today'.

"One was caused by an organized event, the other was caused by an unorganized and unplanned event." for starters one was singular and lasted a few hours with the lion's share of people at applebees for dinner while the other was plural involving months and months of rioting that gave rise to an incomparable number of deaths, injuries, and economic loss. they both imo were similar in that there were spontaneous and planned elements to both.

the way you cast it is that there were ten thousand people with tanks and machine guns with plans on how to overtake the capitol and not give it up until they were carried out in body bags unless they got what they wanted. a massive armed militia who shot their way into the capitol and attempted through armed force to take over the gov and didn't give up until the US military intervened and won the battle.
Let's remember that there wouldn't even have been such a large crowd at the Capitol until Trump told them to peacefully march down to the Capitol and make their voices heard.

The idea that this was some massive coordinated attack on the Capitol outside of a couple losers on the dark web is pure fantasyland.

I know you Democrats desperately want to keep January 6 on the front burner. I think that will shrink to insignificance in the face of the southern border mess, energy production, cost of living, deteriorating cities, woke backlash, and labor market chaos brought on by ill-advised legislation. The icing on the cake will be the total intellectual void in POTUS and VPOTUS.
So my conservative friend, do you believe and view Joe Biden as the legitimate president? 😘

Let's remember that there wouldn't even have been such a large crowd at the Capitol until Trump told them to peacefully march down to the Capitol and make their voices heard.

The idea that this was some massive coordinated attack on the Capitol outside of a couple losers on the dark web is pure fantasyland.
exactly.

assassinate and kidnap people?! wtf? beyond absurd. that's not how you go about doing either. and spot on with why they were there.

There was undoubtedly a portion of the people there who thought Trump was the duly elected President and thought their actions might halt the Senate proceedings. Some of them acted violently.

Explain to me why you need an investigation to help you understand that?
We don't need an investigation to understand that. If you understand that, it must be obvious to all, even Louie Gohmert and MTG.

Instead, we need an investigation to understand who specifically caused it, what they did to cause it in the days/weeks preceding, how long in advance did they take action and how they coordinated their activities. Specifically, we need to know what present/former members of Congress, police agencies, state/local public officials and the military were part of that mess, seeking to interrupt one of the few duties of Congress that is absolutely necessary for the rest of the Constitution to work.

I can't understand why you don't want to get to the bottom of this except to protect violent rightwingers (who, so far, have tried to kidnap a state governor and invaded at least three state capitols in the past six months). Is that what the Right really supports?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT