ADVERTISEMENT

What are your thoughts on the new rule changes?

Can the white 3pt and extended lane lines be removed from SSAH easily after the NIT is over?

I like all but fear the foul rule without quarters will cause issues. Perhaps even more trips to the monitor slowing the game down as they look to see if foul was at 10:01 or 9:59 to decide if it is two shots or ball out.

I know that quarters is non-starter because it steals a TV timeout. I would gladly take adding 1 minute to each tv timeout (for two extra commercials to run) but cut down to three from four each half with one mid-quarter of each qtr and between quarters but not likely.

IMO... Monitor needs to go away for all but last 60 seconds and only for OOB possession calls. Going there to figure out if there is 24.6 seconds or 26.9 is so annoying and momentum stealing.

I like all but fear the foul rule without quarters will cause issues. Perhaps even more trips to the monitor slowing the game down as they look to see if foul was at 10:01 or 9:59 to decide if it is two shots or ball out.

I know that quarters is non-starter because it steals a TV timeout. I would gladly take adding 1 minute to each tv timeout (for two extra commercials to run) but cut down to three from four each half with one mid-quarter of each qtr and between quarters but not likely.

IMO... Monitor needs to go away for all but last 60 seconds and only for OOB possession calls. Going there to figure out if there is 24.6 seconds or 26.9 is so annoying and momentum stealing.
What we need is what the NBA has. They have a central place where difficult calls are figured out by video surveillance.

Reactions: hootervillearnolds
Not a fan of the new Foul Rule, fouls reset at every 10 min intervals. If I understand the rule correctly Players will actually have unlimited fouls. Good reason to have a person on the team to pound on the other teams inside people and vise-versa. My opinion.

As I watched the game on TV, I had the thought that the second set of lines on the Court might be confusing to players. You have played about 2/3 of your games on your home court and are used to the three point line and narrower free throw lanes, and your thought process and muscle memory has been trained to that. Now you have to think about where you are in relation to the new lines and determine how quickly you need to move out of a wider lane to avoid a 3 second call.

Not unlimited fouls, just that the total resets, so after 10 min the total number starts from zero again up to seven when its 1 & 1 again. Players fouls stay as is.

if the ncaa adopts the new foul rule they should just go to playing quarters instead of halves

if the ncaa adopts the new foul rule they should just go to playing quarters instead of halves
Agree. It's the only level of basketball that doesn't use a quarter system. Adjust the tv timeout schedule to fit. I would also like to see the end of the 1 and 1 free throw. IMO this rule penalizes a team with the lead, especially when the opponent can foul you and get a 3 for two (or one if you miss the second ft) every possession. I would ideally like to see fouls in the last two minutes of a game become one shot plus the ball out of bounds to eliminate the nonsense of constant fouling by the trailing team.

I like the wider lane.
I wish College Basketball would go to quarters.
Don't change the foul rules.
3pt line would have to be studied, right now many offenses are greared toward the 3pt line on drives in the paint, and almost no mid range game. If the longer FIBA 3pt line brings back the mid range game, then it would be a good thing, if it means that teams still think they can shoot as many 3s but percentages drop until they adjust to less 3s, I don't know. Anything that removes the dribble drive hand off as the main half court offensive set, I would be in favor of. I prefer the motion passing game over the weave of death, constant dribble drive hand offs, until somebody drives to the rim, shoots a 3, or turns the ball over..

I like the wider lane.
I wish College Basketball would go to quarters.
Don't change the foul rules.
3pt line would have to be studied, right now many offenses are greared toward the 3pt line on drives in the paint, and almost no mid range game. If the longer FIBA 3pt line brings back the mid range game, then it would be a good thing, if it means that teams still think they can shoot as many 3s but percentages drop until they adjust to less 3s, I don't know. Anything that removes the dribble drive hand off as the main half court offensive set, I would be in favor of. I prefer the motion passing game over the weave of death, constant dribble drive hand offs, until somebody drives to the rim, shoots a 3, or turns the ball over..
Do you think the longer 3 would drastically change players taking this shot? I actually like to watch NBA games before the 3 pt shot. They moved the ball a lot and there were a lot of mid range shots. My hope would be if the 3 was longer in college it would discourage kids from taking a lot of them.

Reactions: ufo33
Do you think the longer 3 would drastically change players taking this shot? I actually like to watch NBA games before the 3 pt shot. They moved the ball a lot and there were a lot of mid range shots. My hope would be if the 3 was longer in college it would discourage kids from taking a lot of them.
Yes, eventually when the coach demands they stop shooting and missing the longer 3.

ADVERTISEMENT