ADVERTISEMENT

What are you going to do with your Covid check?

Sorry to hear that, stolen in the middle of the afternoon? That's crazy.
Yup. Broad daylight. Keys were in it, but still... I'm kind of freaked out by the whole thing.

I suspect it will turn up. It's not worth anything and is easily identifiable.

Yup. Broad daylight. Keys were in it, but still... I'm kind of freaked out by the whole thing.

That's the way we felt when someone broke into our home. It's a weird feeling.
Hopefully they find the fool.

Weird. You were just talking about it. Probably somebody from this board....

They are stealing catalytic converters like crazy

"Precious metal" freaks

Yours was just attached to an easy mark ...

They are stealing catalytic converters like crazy

"Precious metal" freaks

Yours was just attached to an easy mark ...
Neighbors down the street on their evening walk said a kid was knocking on doors looking for someone, said he said he was homeless...

That's actually pretty uncommon here. As trailer parks go, this one doesn't have much trouble with wandering ne'er-do-wells...

Neighbors down the street on their evening walk said a kid was knocking on doors looking for someone, said he said he was homeless...

That's actually pretty uncommon here. As trailer parks go, this one doesn't have much trouble with wandering ne'er-do-wells...

Besides you of course.

I have never been in there, but I have never had issues in the park across the street. I would say that the home that was hit by a truck a couple years ago still doesn't look repaired. It seems things like that help a neighborhood deteriate.

I have never been in there, but I have never had issues in the park across the street. I would say that the home that was hit by a truck a couple years ago still doesn't look repaired. It seems things like that help a neighborhood deteriate.
There was a change in management a couple years ago. Things have been going downhill since. The absentee owners seem content to just pull as much money out of it as they can on a monthly basis without any concern for the place's long term health. @Aloha Hoosier talked about one day buying a trailer park and being a model landlord, providing a good neighborhood for the type of salt of the earth folks he grew up with. I'd love to see someone do that here.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Going to order me some fried Chicken and collard greens!
Smoked turkey leg. Half gallon chicken stock. 4 garlic cloves. 3lbs cleaned collards.
Salt. Pepper. Red pepper flakes. 1/2 sweet onion.
Chop onion/garlic. Sweat in tablespoon of peanut oil till opaque. Add all seasoning, stock.
Simmer leg in stock for 45 minutes.
Add collards gradually . Don't boil.

Hmmm... I think @Marvin the Martian and @cosmickid have a pretty good idea of where I live, and I did talk about the easily identifiable tailgate support...

Don't think I read that thread and I have a 2019 Mitsubishi that I leave unlocked with the keys in myself, so there's no way I need a third vehicle LOL...

I have seen elsewhere in this thread that you mentioned a trailer court, and I had an experience at the one on Vernal myself just 6 or 7 mos back. One of the guys on my Census team made the mistake of leaving his bag (which included his iphone) on his trunk lid while he went to a door to leave a notice of visit. He was older (early 70s) and it was basically his 2nd or 3rd day out in the field knocking on doors...

I still don't see how it's possible, but in the time he turned his back and walked up the driveway to drop off his notice his bag was stolen. It was probably 45 sec and there wasn't anyone in sight when he walked back to his car but the bag had completely disappeared. I had to notify MY Supervisor that one of my guys had lost his Govt-issued iPhone and he was NOT happy...

The problem for the thieves was the govt software rendered the phone basically useless, once it was reported as stolen. My guy filed a police report, but we never expected to recover the phone.

But about 3 days later the cops called to report they had recovered the phone, and it was basically destroyed. You could see where it had been deliberately run over multiple times, so I assumed the pissed-off thieves decided to take out their anger on the phone when they realized it was useless to them...

Me, I need to upgrade my vehicle. The good ol' 91 S10 starts and runs every day, but something new breaks every time I turn around. The tailgate is held up with a tie-down strap and I have to smack the radio to get it to work. Last fall, just as the weather turned cool, the A/C compressor started hammering. I've been saving up and have enough to buy a newer beater, and the additional $2800 will give me enough to buy something halfway decent.
we used our last check for taxes. This one we will use for next yr's taxes .

Don't think I read that thread and I have a 2019 Mitsubishi that I leave unlocked with the keys in myself, so there's no way I need a third vehicle LOL...
Remind me where you live again... and what color that car is.

Serious question: What do you think of your Mitsubishi? There's a 2015 low miles Lancer in the paper that might be close to what I can affird.

I assume someone stole your ratchet strap and will be returning the truck that came attached to it.

(Seriously though, that really sucks, sorry to hear about this Mark)
Thanks Mash. Financially it's not a huge deal, it's more of a freakout and PITA thing. I needed to get something newer, and the old truck might have brought me a grand if I'd sold it. I've had harder hits than that.

Thanks Mash. Financially it's not a huge deal, it's more of a freakout and PITA thing. I needed to get something newer, and the old truck might have brought me a grand if I'd sold it. I've had harder hits than that.
Karma paid you a visit for gloating about those stimulus checks

Totally get it, that feeling of violation and the headaches of doing the paperwork to report it are the worst part.

I’m expecting the Bton police to find your truck within three days. Assuming you reported it stolen…

I’m expecting the Bton police to find your truck within three days. Assuming you reported it stolen…
They did. I just picked it up. No worse for wear. Now I'm going to have a better car to drive and an old truck for hauling shit when needed. With the gubmunt money it's not going to end up costing me much at all.

Thanks Biden!

They did. I just picked it up. No worse for wear. Now I'm going to have a better car to drive and an old truck for hauling shit when needed. With the gubmunt money it's not going to end up costing me much at all.

Thanks Biden!
And a hole in your pocket from keeping your keys in your pants.

Okay, maybe this will make you feel better. I'm going to look at one I found on Craigslist that sounds ideal.

Don't ruin it for me....I was imaging you using a ruler and going through the Herald Times.

Thanks Biden!

Sorry that happened man. Such a hassle with the cops and feeling violated.

How far did he get? Joyride and dump? keys still in it? Take your belongings? Did he wipe down the Rona bugs?

C'mon now..... you just wanted a new vehicle and couldn't convince your wife that you needed one so you got someone to steal it. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Did you leave a "Keys in Vehicle" sign on it.:D:D

Sorry that happened man. Such a hassle with the cops and feeling violated.

How far did he get? Joyride and dump? keys still in it? Take your belongings? Did he wipe down the Rona bugs?
It was found in a rough neighborhood on the south side of town. It was out of gas and had been rifled through, but nothing was taken and nothing was hurt. Keys were in it. Put gas in it and drove away. Cops had no idea of culprits. People in the neighborhood knew nothing.

Reactions: outside shooter
It was found in a rough neighborhood on the south side of town. It was out of gas and had been rifled through, but nothing was taken and nothing was hurt. Keys were in it. Put gas in it and drove away. Cops had no idea of culprits. People in the neighborhood knew nothing.
Probably a getaway car...now you’re a target...or will have respect...like Walter white

Last edited:
Reactions: Courtsensetwo
First neighborhood they checked? Explains why it only took two days.

Perp probably lives with a block.

We had one stolen about 20 years ago. Smacked a tree and stole my clubs. Perp left an early electronic organizer in the car that had dozens of names and numbers including "Mom". Police would not pursue it. I thought about calling 'Mom" myself but figured it would end in arson.

Perp probably lives with a block.

We had one stolen about 20 years ago. Smacked a tree and stole my clubs. Perp left an early electronic organizer in the car that had dozens of names and numbers including "Mom". Police would not pursue it. I thought about calling 'Mom" myself but figured it would end in arson.
My neighborhood is endlessly targeted. We constantly hear car alarms in the middle of the night

Bastards took the White Castle gift card that was on the dash! It had $0.27 left on it!!!

Reactions: largemouth
Probably a getaway car...now you’re a target...or will have respect...like Walter white
Evidence that they'd thrashed it. Sandbags in the back were shifted around, it was out of gas (it had a lot of gas when they took it) and it was way low on oil. Old truck actually runs great and is pretty quick, so I'm sure they had some fun.

Evidence that they'd thrashed it. Sandbags in the back were shifted around, it was out of gas (it had a lot of gas when they took it) and it was way low on oil. Old truck actually runs great and is pretty quick, so I'm sure they had some fun.
Bullshit. Completely annoying. If we park in front of our houses the cops tell us to leave the doors unlocked and nothing inside. As I said in another post our neighborhood is targeted nightly. i've had my cars ransacked too many times to count

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT