ADVERTISEMENT

What are you going to do with your Covid check?

Sounds like you need a better neighborhood more than a better truck.
I can buy a lot of old trucks for what it would cost to move to a better neighborhood.

And truthfully, this is the first bad experience I've had around here in 20 or more years. Worst before was someone just getting into the car and rifling through it.

You don’t know what you got til it’s gone.

no castles near me

Those little grimy stand alones that looked like a castle and had only a walk up window were the best. I always associated them with steel mills and oil refineries in The Region.

I trust unclebulk's the defacto mayor of his trailer park. Can't leave when the neighborhood needs him most

So? Do you have a problem with authority figures?

NA2KW3SS3FE5TAWZWKMR3CCBOY.JPG

Those little grimy stand alones that looked like a castle and had only a walk up window were the best. I always associated them with steel mills and oil refineries in The Region.
Some of those popped up in Saint louis in the mid to late 1930s. Crazy

Hmmm. What about the knock off? Krystal’s?
Nada. We buy the frozen White Castles from the grocery store. My 10 yr old can’t get enough of them.

krystals are in the south. I’m in western Pennsylvania. A veritable desert of good food.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Nada. We buy the frozen White Castles from the grocery store. My 10 yr old can’t get enough of them.

krystals are in the south. I’m in western Pennsylvania. A veritable desert of good food.
Kanuckistani wife isn't a fan either. She buys me a gift card at Christmas as a gag gift. She doesn't realize it's usually the best gift she gives me.

Reactions: largemouth
Evidence that they'd thrashed it. Sandbags in the back were shifted around, it was out of gas (it had a lot of gas when they took it) and it was way low on oil. Old truck actually runs great and is pretty quick, so I'm sure they had some fun.
They were definitely antifa
Democrats, at the very least. Probably voted by mail.

Before Nick Cage and his gang of thieves found Uncle Mark's truck with keys in the ignition, someone was asking about Roth vs. Traditional IRAs and when converting made sense.

Seeking Alpha: How To Analyze Roth IRA Conversions.

Reactions: Cortez88
I'd seen reports that the stimulus payments could start hitting bank accounts as early as this weekend. I don't normally check my bank account details online more than a couple times a week but did log in this morning just for grins. Today I have a "Pending" $10.00 deposit sitting there with no idea what it might be, and no other details available. Unless it's some prelude to a hack of some sort, I'm wondering if the Feds are doing something to check their account info prior to making the full deposit. Anyone have a better idea, or seeing anything similar?

That seems like a large amount for a test against an account to see if it's still valid. It is the feds though.

Reactions: UncleMark
Okay all you finance guys, tell me if there's a good reason for Chase and Wells Fargo delaying the availability of these funds. Since this is HuffPo, I'm not taking their angle at face value, but it sounds a little slimy to me.

Okay all you finance guys, tell me if there's a good reason for Chase and Wells Fargo delaying the availability of these funds. Since this is HuffPo, I'm not taking their angle at face value, but it sounds a little slimy to me.

I'd assume that they are investing the incoming funds and making a profit during the delay.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Time for mcm to dryclean his class-action suit.
Wells Fargo has already been hit for manipulating overdraft fees. Judge ordered them to pay back $230 mil. Chase settled their overdraft lawsuit for 110 million. Wells Fargo was also one of the banks whacked for robo signing foreclosures. These banks aren’t nice. F em.

Last edited:
Reactions: hookyIU1990

It's coming from someone who is 22 trillion dollars in debt. :)
Seriously I would guess that it's standard procedure and like someone said they make money on it. Some banking stuff just stops on the weekend so that may be a factor.

Don’t forget all those sweet sweet overdraft fees.
I was reading at one time that some banks would cash checks in a certain order to maximize overdraft fees. In other words if you had $500 in your checking account and wrote five $100 checks and one $500 check they would run the $500 check first so all the $100 checks would bounce whereas if the had done the opposite only the $500 check would have bounced.

I was reading at one time that some banks would cash checks in a certain order to maximize overdraft fees. In other words if you had $500 in your checking account and wrote five $100 checks and one $500 check they would run the $500 check first so all the $100 checks would bounce whereas if the had done the opposite only the $500 check would have bounced.

Thats exactly how overdraft fee programs work.

This is funny. Blaming the bank for you writing a check on funds that you don’t necessarily have.

As if the banks are writing your checks for you…

This is funny. Blaming the bank for you writing a check on funds that you don’t necessarily have.

As if the banks are writing your checks for you…
Bank of America paid 410 million dollars for reordering customer transactions and charging overdraft fees.

Bank of America paid 410 million dollars for reordering customer transactions and charging overdraft fees.
You mean re-ordering as in I deposit 1000 bucks and then write a check on the thousand, they transact the check first and then transact my deposit, allowing them to charge a fee.

You mean re-ordering as in I deposit 1000 bucks and then write a check on the thousand, they transact the check first and then transact my deposit, allowing them to charge a fee.
banks are constantly trying to find new ways to F with customers either through garbage like this or by sneaking in fees that they never disclosed or tucked away in tiny font in a thirty page brochure. they're fertile ground for class action lawyers and professional objectors

banks are constantly trying to find new ways to F with customers either through garbage like this or by sneaking in fees that they never disclosed or tucked away in tiny font in a thirty page brochure. they're fertile ground for class action lawyers and professional objectors

”The Bank of America overdraft fee class action lawsuit claimed BofA processed its debit card transactions in the order of highest to lowest dollar amount so it could maximize the overdraft fees customers paid. It also charged the bank with waiting to process charges until days after a purchase was made, when users’ accounts were depleted.”

Unlike my proposed scam, sounds to me like the customers were guilty of overdrafting. Then the banks took advantage of the overdraft.

The banks didn’t illegally create the overdraft.

Ianal but it sounds like the judgment is based on an assumption the bank had some fiduciary responsibility to the customers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT