ADVERTISEMENT

What about a stimulus deal now?

Why do the republicans oppose the state and local funds portion? I can’t find a clear reason on this.
Because they claim that money will go disproportionately to fiscally irresponsible Democrat led states and localities. That that's where the majority of the people are is beside the point.

Reactions: StelioKontos
Because they claim that money will go disproportionately to fiscally irresponsible Democrat led states and localities. That that's where the majority of the people are is beside the point.

Would that money not go to help local law enforcement and other first responders?

Would that money not go to help local law enforcement and other first responders?
Doesn't matter. They're still Democratic states and cities. Pubs aren't about to hand out billions to bail out California and Illinois and New York.

Pelosi won't give the two GA incumbent Senators the chance to vote on a stimulus.

Of course she won’t. She don’t give a damn about people hurting. She has her fridge filled with $13 a pint ice cream and she goes to the salon when she wants. Everything is fine in her world.

Of course she won’t. She don’t give a damn about people hurting. She has her fridge filled with $13 a pint ice cream and she goes to the salon when she wants. Everything is fine in her world.
Pelosi's ice cream vs. T.rump's seditious attempt to destroy the country because he's afraid of life after the White House. Heck, there are actually elected officials (not to mention good old Rush Limbaugh) floating the possibility of splitting the country in two.

Seems pretty equal.

I always wondered what would happen if Van got his CPA license.

Did Pelosi admit to holding up stimulus before election for politics? Did she or did she not post video on social media showing her fridge full of expensive ice cream?

Pelosi's ice cream vs. T.rump's seditious attempt to destroy the country because he's afraid of life after the White House. Heck, there are actually elected officials (not to mention good old Rush Limbaugh) floating the possibility of splitting the country in two.

Seems pretty equal.

Might be something said for two countries. 😂

Seriously though, real people in real small businesses are losing their livelihoods while politicians like Pelosi play politics. None of this is funny to them. Worked their whole lives and watching politicians making arbitrary stupid rules that’s bankrupting them.

Seems pretty equal.

I have one client that made a conscientious decision not to take over $300,000 PPP loan because his business was doing great at the time. He absolutely could have taken it. A large portion of his business is with companies in NY. His sales have dried to almost nothing. He and his partner and their families not taking salaries. He’s worried about his business survival. Do you think he finds any humor in Pelosi’s antics?

I had other businesses who turned down hundreds of thousands of PPP money for the same reason as the business above. Most are now struggling. None of this politics is funny.

250b state and local funding and 5 year liability protection.
Does this get the deal done?

Give Nancy everything she wants gets the deal done. Maybe throw in a years free ice cream for her and add a couple billion for the Biden Crime Family.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I have one client that made a conscientious decision not to take over $300,000 PPP loan because his business was doing great at the time. He absolutely could have taken it. A large portion of his business is with companies in NY. His sales have dried to almost nothing. He and his partner and their families not taking salaries. He’s worried about his business survival. Do you think he finds any humor in Pelosi’s antics?

I had other businesses who turned down hundreds of thousands of PPP money for the same reason as the business above. Most are now struggling. None of this politics is funny.
What does Pelosi have to do with your business friends making bad decisions?

What does Pelosi have to do with your business friends making bad decisions?

So a businessman that made a decision to do what he thought was right for the country and not take free money because
he thought with his business doing well at the time means nothing to you?

Pelosi not seriously getting another stimulus package done affects my clients and many other businesses right now.

So a businessman that made a decision to do what he thought was right for the country and not take free money because
he thought with his business doing well at the time means nothing to you?

Pelosi not seriously getting another stimulus package done affects my clients and many other businesses right now.
So they passed up taking out some "insurance money" that they didn't need at the time. Then they found out that they fvcked up and sure could use that money after all. And it's all Nancy's fault because Mitch and the all-of-a-sudden fiscal hawks in the Senate won't even consider any of the several bipartisan compromise packages that have been proposed.

Or Biden have to do with graduates making bad college decisions. It’s all a slippery slope
Not that there's any real similarities other than there being different groups looking for assistance, but I'm fine with another PPP-like package being passed to bail out stoll's business buddies. What's wrong with at least considering help for student debt holders?

Not that there's any real similarities other than there being different groups looking for assistance, but I'm fine with another PPP-like package being passed to bail out stoll's business buddies. What's wrong with at least considering help for student debt holders?
they're just different forms of bail outs. that's the similarity. and i might be okay with both. i haven't thought enough about it, in particular student debt holders. as to the latter i'm not sure it's needed. i really don't know. but let's vet a few things out. if they are govt loans the govt's generosity for deferments and forbearances is long and lasting. they are things that can be done to handle that debt. for private loans just don't pay. probably better than bankruptcy. it will end up on a bulk collection docket where you work out a deal for 30 cents on the dollar anyway.

not to point out goat but to point out his situation. he may not have benefitted financially from his law degree but he certainly has as to his own personal knowledge and edification. he had some obstacles and responsibilities that sound like they derailed his career. life's long. he's smart. if i were a betting man, which i am, i'd wager that he will eventually enjoy a significant financial benefit from his law degree. lots to do with law degrees outside of law too. and in the meantime and in betweentime there's options to handle the debt.

forgiving 50K or whatever might be the right thing to do, but it really is nuanced and deserves considerable discussion because it impacts a lot of folks differently (resentment blah blah blah; messaging) and is just another bail out.

Reactions: UncleMark
So they passed up taking out some "insurance money" that they didn't need at the time. Then they found out that they fvcked up and sure could use that money after all. And it's all Nancy's fault because Mitch and the all-of-a-sudden fiscal hawks in the Senate won't even consider any of the several bipartisan compromise packages that have been proposed.

The read the ****ing rules. They read these two certification: “Current economic uncertainty makes this loan request necessary to support ongoing operations of the Applicant” “The funds will be used to retain workers and maintain payroll and make mortgage, lease and utility payments”.

Keep in mind these funds were to help with an 8 week period. My client had cash in bank and receivables to cover that eight week period which ended back in the spring. Senator Braun’s office specifically told me these funds were for that current period not some date out in July to December. His office said they would need to pass addition funds if the crisis extended to that period.

So would have you lied and took the money in April or did the honorable thing my client done. I explained this to all my clients. I had many not take the money. So laugh at them UnckeMark.

The read the ****ing rules. They read these two certification: “Current economic uncertainty makes this loan request necessary to support ongoing operations of the Applicant” “The funds will be used to retain workers and maintain payroll and make mortgage, lease and utility payments”.

Keep in mind these funds were to help with an 8 week period. My client had cash in bank and receivables to cover that eight week period which ended back in the spring. Senator Braun’s office specifically told me these funds were for that current period not some date out in July to December. His office said they would need to pass addition funds if the crisis extended to that period.

So would have you lied and took the money in April or did the honorable thing my client done. I explained this to all my clients. I had many not take the money. So laugh at them UnckeMark.
So tell me again what part of all this is Nancy's fault.

Well, that post was so unresponsive to mine, that I'm going to tell an equally unresponsive story I think about every time someone on here talks about restaurants going out of business due to government reactions to Covid.
When I was growing up in BFE, the parents of a good friend of mine owned and ran a nice little mom and pop store in town. They had it for decades, and it was part of the fabric of the town, and his parents were big parts of the community. They made a good living, and were very happy. They weren't rich, but they could afford house and car, etc.
At some point in early late 90's early 2000's, Wal-mart set up camp in a slightly bigger town about 10 miles away. Long story short...the mom and pop store, as well as a few others in town, went out of business within 2 years. I guess you could say it's just business, but Wal-mart was their Covid. Since we are playing the blame game, what politicians should we blame for this?

So tell me again what part of all this is Nancy's fault.

Small Business need second stimulus and she admitted she didn’t do one before election because of politics.

I know being the unhappy democrat working for someone else you could give a damn about small businesses, But most are good people who try to do the right thing unlike what Pelosi did. Go ahead and laugh at my clients for not taking PPP funds because they thought they were following the purpose of the loans.

Well, that post was so unresponsive to mine, that I'm going to tell an equally unresponsive story I think about every time someone on here talks about restaurants going out of business due to government reactions to Covid.
When I was growing up in BFE, the parents of a good friend of mine owned and ran a nice little mom and pop store in town. They had it for decades, and it was part of the fabric of the town, and his parents were big parts of the community. They made a good living, and were very happy. They weren't rich, but they could afford house and car, etc.
At some point in early late 90's early 2000's, Wal-mart set up camp in a slightly bigger town about 10 miles away. Long story short...the mom and pop store, as well as a few others in town, went out of business within 2 years. I guess you could say it's just business, but Wal-mart was their Covid. Since we are playing the blame game, what politicians should we blame for this?

Nancy admitted playing politics and not passing a second stimulus. That’s find if your okay with it.

Nancy and a second stimulus has nothing to do with Walmart.

Nancy admitted playing politics and not passing a second stimulus. That’s find if your okay with it.

Makes my blood boil as bulkvanderprivilege reads Indy fine dining restaurant reviews for tonight’s feast!

Small Business need second stimulus and she admitted she didn’t do one before election because of politics.
But she has been on board with the bipartisan deals that have come since. Mitch is the one stonewalling things now. How hard would it be to admit that?

So we're clear, the House did pass a second stimulus, and McTurtle rejected it. Since then Pelosi had come down, even willing to meet halfway. And now willing to go even lower. And yet here we are. Plenty of blame to go around, but you only want to blame one person.

Could it be you aren't honest with yourself?

I know being the unhappy democrat working for someone else you could give a damn about small businesses, But most are good people who try to do the right thing unlike what Pelosi did. Go ahead and laugh at my clients for not taking PPP funds because they thought they were following the purpose of the loans.
You really need to rein it in. My dad was a small businessman. I work for a small businessman. I am well aware of the challenges they face.

You really need to rein it in. My dad was a small businessman. I work for a small businessman. I am well aware of the challenges they face.

Why make light of small businesses that tried to do the right thing with PPP loan? If you read and understand the original PPP loan, and if businesses actually read the certifications and the purpose of the loan, it wasn’t a slam dunk to take. I explained that to my clients and they made the decision.

I then worked the majority of my hours the last 30-45 days of tax season not charging any clients for completing the PPP loan applications.

The other employees in my office worked on tax returns.

No one said it did. I was wondering who to blame.
Who do you think is to blame for a Wal-mart in another town ruining my friend's business?

So we're clear, the House did pass a second stimulus, and McTurtle rejected it. Since then Pelosi had come down, even willing to meet halfway. And now willing to go even lower. And yet here we are. Plenty of blame to go around, but you only want to blame one person.

Could it be you aren't honest with yourself?

You know and she knew what she passed in house wasn’t going anywhere.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Why make light of small businesses that tried to do the right thing with PPP loan? If you read and understand the original PPP loan, and if businesses actually read the certifications and the purpose of the loan, it wasn’t a slam dunk to take. I explained that to my clients and they made the decision.
Sounds to me you and your clients interpreted the terms of the PPP differently than many, or most. If concerns about future revenues weren't factored in then someone fvcked up. I know at my workplace in early April we had money in the bank and receivables on the books but incoming orders were taking a nosedive. If nothing else, the money could have been taken and put in the bank. If it wasn't forgiven, then pay it back and chalk up the interest as an insurance cost.

But she has been on board with the bipartisan deals that have come since. Mitch is the one stonewalling things now. How hard would it be to admit that?
Could you point me to a source of the bill that has what Nancy and Mitch have been requesting?
All I have seen is grandstanding by both sides so far.
6 months liability protection isn't going to work and neither is very limited state and local funding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT