ADVERTISEMENT

What a Joy!!!

...to read the Indy Star article regarding PU's domination of iu basketball, longest since 1913.

Freaking pathetic.
I guess, get used to it or stop caring. We need to give Archie a 5 year extension ala Crean just so Lander makes to campus, disappoints, goes pro, and we can make sure Archie I set for life while we miss the tourney for another 5 years … I mean, as if that should be the bar, it's ridiculous. People say that IU's cachet is old, no kids know it, well we still pay coaches like we expect people to remember. If that's really the case and nobody can turn this around then give Fife a chance, bring MD or Sampson back. What is the point of trying to put out optics that your trying to compete if you aren't trying and don't care?

I guess, get used to it or stop caring. We need to give Archie a 5 year extension ala Crean just so Lander makes to campus, disappoints, goes pro, and we can make sure Archie I set for life while we miss the tourney for another 5 years … I mean, as if that should be the bar, it's ridiculous. People say that IU's cachet is old, no kids know it, well we still pay coaches like we expect people to remember. If that's really the case and nobody can turn this around then give Fife a chance, bring MD or Sampson back. What is the point of trying to put out optics that your trying to compete if you aren't trying and don't care?
You didn't even make it 24 hours...

9b271c1b-f551-4232-a06a-fb22d45d7ebb_1.6a7b145b737952ea4dafaa4ca7295ecd.jpeg

Indiana bottomed out. We are like Seton Hall when Williard took over. Take at look at his first 3-4 seasons. Now they’ve been good for 3 years in a row.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Good to know that you heard about Lander committing. Remember when you commented that IU couldn’t get a commitment from Lander after he already committed. That would have been funny if you weren’t serious. Now you expect us to think your opinion has any merit? Laughable

...to read the Indy Star article regarding PU's domination of iu basketball, longest since 1913.

Freaking pathetic.
Success is the best way to stick it to Purdue and that comes through tournament runs. We're on par to make the tournament in year 3. IMO you need benchmarks with any employer/employee relationship, and despite what many think Miller is still an employee. At this point he's on track to get us to the tournament. Many supporters of Miller want to get into the minutiae of what they see game in and game out as justification for support. Frankly I don't give a sh*t. Results are all that matter, not minutiae of incremental improvement nor the details of game by game stuff. Outcomes in a reasonable amount of time, that's what matters - everyone has excuses, deal with it.

I think we're going to get into the tourney this year, not by much, but in nonetheless, and for me that's good enough to support Miller into year 4. Purdue i suspect gets far more joy seeing our names left out on selection sunday than they do in beating us.

This the the Archie Miller era. The darkest stain ever for our program. The lowest of lows. And some people can’t even see where we’re at.

Good to know that you heard about Lander committing. Remember when you commented that IU couldn’t get a commitment from Lander after he already committed. That would have been funny if you weren’t serious. Now you expect us to think your opinion has any merit? Laughable
Several of the perpetually negative declared IU recruiting “dead.” Obviously it isn’t dead. There are quite a few rumors out there from people that have proven credible about other recruiting predictions that Kaufman is next. Recruiting is far from dead,

Reactions: largemouth
This the the Archie Miller era. The darkest stain ever for our program. The lowest of lows. And some people can’t even see where we’re at.
That’s so ridiculously dumb that it should be quoted twice,

The column was just another trashing of IU by Doyle who loves to rub our noses in it. His preference for Purdue and all things black and gold has no bounds when he suggest that a 17-16 Purdue team should be NCAA selected over a 20-12 IU team if they both finish with those records. I suggest he look up the series records since 1940.

Reactions: 76-1
The column was just another trashing of IU by Doyle who loves to rub our noses in it. His preference for Purdue and all things black and gold has no bounds when he suggest that a 17-16 Purdue team should be NCAA selected over a 20-12 IU team if they both finish with those records. I suggest he look up the series records since 1940.
Just because you don’t like reality doesn’t make it any less true. If we finish with the same conference record they should get in over us. They swept us. A couple extra early cupcake wins doesn’t change that.

Just because you don’t like reality doesn’t make it any less true. If we finish with the same conference record they should get in over us. They swept us. A couple extra early cupcake wins doesn’t change that.

They swept us but we beat better teams and they lost to worse teams. Do you really not get that?

Before I forget, my condolences on Lander. That and making the tourney must have you feeling pretty yucky :(

They swept us but we beat better teams and they lost to worse teams. Do you really not get that?

Before I forget, my condolences on Lander. That and making the tourney must have you feeling pretty yucky :(
But they’re the better team. Do you really not get that?

But they’re the better team. Do you really not get that?

they were def better for two particular games. But that’s not how seasons work. Lol. But feel free to spend your empty days lobbying the NCAA to change their tourney criteria.

again, what jacked up causes you fellas take on.

they were def better for two particular games. But that’s not how seasons work. Lol. But feel free to spend your empty days lobbying the NCAA to change their tourney criteria.

again, what jacked up causes you fellas take on.
Seasons don’t work with the teams that win games being considered better than the teams they beat? Do tell. Math in Ferguson must be hard.

Ok, they beat us twice. Sooo, last year we were better than MSU?
We were the better team?
We beat them twice.
And I didn't even realize that we should have made the tourney because of that! Who knew.
Do you really consider IU to be better than Purdue? Are you really taking that position?

Do you really consider IU to be better than Purdue? Are you really taking that position?

You stated that since they beat us twice that they were the better team.

Ok, by that metric we were better than MSU last year. Your metric not mine.

No wonder you’re not able to talk hoops. You’re even dumber than we all thought. Ferguson must’ve done a number on you.
So I'm assuming that's a yes on us being better than MSU last year and that we should have been in the NCAAT over them since you don't seem to have an answer for the question.

You stated that since they beat us twice that they were the better team.

Ok, by that metric we were better than MSU last year. Your metric not mine.
MSU showed last year those wins were an anomaly and that they were the better team. No one other than you would deny that. IU hasn’t demonstrated anything like that. Not one thing. Funny that you think IU is better than Purdue even though they’ve soundly beaten us twice. Anything to perpetuate the myth of improvement, huh?

So I'm assuming that's a yes on us being better than MSU last year and that we should have been in the NCAAT over them since you don't seem to have an answer for the question.
I answered it . . . are you also suggesting IU is better than Purdue? Please tell us why that’s so. Lol.

Freaking pathetic.
What does that mean? purdue hasn't had coaching changes and major disruptions. Considering the teams IU has had, it isn't much of a surprise.

BTW, I wouldn't trade our 3 straight wins over MSU for 3 straight wins over purdue. It isn't like purdue is a national power program. Rivalry games are more important to fans. It won't matter on Selection Sunday.

Reactions: hondo314
This is year 3 of Miller. So you're saying there's never been a worse 3 year stretch in IU history? Tom Crean says hi.

MSU showed last year those wins were an anomaly and that they were the better team. No one other than you would deny that. IU hasn’t demonstrated anything like that. Not one thing. Funny that you think IU is better than Purdue even though they’ve soundly beaten us twice. Anything to perpetuate the myth of improvement, huh?
So the answer is "because you say so". Got it. Sound reasoning. Carry on.

I am not denying or perpetuating ANYTHING.

You said that PU was the better team. I asked by what metric and you stated the scoreboard, implying that they had beaten us twice.

By that metric, IU was a better team than MSU last year.

YOUR metric, not mine.

You did NOT talk about PU's OOC wins or their strength of schedule Vs. IU or anything else.

So the answer is "because you say so". Got it. Sound reasoning. Carry on.
Go look at the overall results last year and concluding that MSU was better isn’t difficult. Saying Purdue is better than IU this year isn’t difficult, either. Well, unless you’re not a hoops guy, which you’re not. (Here comes the part where you tell us what an expert you are)

Nice try, Coug. Step out of the way.

Last edited:
I am not denying or perpetuating ANYTHING.

You said that PU was the better team. I asked by what metric and you stated the scoreboard, implying that they had beaten us twice.

By that metric, IU was a better team than MSU last year.

YOUR metric, not mine.

You did NOT talk about PU's OOC wins or their strength of schedule Vs. IU or anything else.
I didn’t imply that Purdue beat IU twice. They actually did, as the scoreboard made quite clear. They’re obviously better. Take out IU’s 7 wins over Cupcake State and the schedule issue becomes even clearer.

Do you think IU was the overall better team than MSU last year? Don’t dodge it, don’t try and wiggle out of it. Just answer the question. I doubt you will, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT