ADVERTISEMENT

what a batter sees

The Louisville Slugger Museum Here Had an Exhibit

where you stand in a batting cage and select a pitcher.

The pitcher would appear on "the mound" - a screen at the other end of the cage. The pitcher's video would go through his wind up and - at the release point - a ball would come shooting out of the screen at you.

Standing in for a Roger Clemens 98 mph fastball was AWESOME.

Hillerich & Bradsby just sold the bat making business, but kept the museum.

Not Sure

Been a while since I went in - kids grew up.
But the video broke down a lot and the exhibit was closed a lot.

Even without that part, the Museum is worth a visit.

I keep wanting to go see the Bats play

I've got a friend who loves minor league baseball, maybe I should talk to him and go down there for both.

I grew up a huge baseball fan. Too many strikes and PEDs soured me. Maybe it is time to try it again.

Though I hate the business part. I see the Cubs sent down their best prospect. Not because he wasn't ready but if he goes down for two weeks, his original contract extends another year. I hope they lose every game while he is down and miss the payoffs by one game. Actually, I hate the Cubs and usually wish the to go 0-162. Maybe I am actually now wishing the better?

I stood in with Seaver,Gooden and Ryan.

The ball comes at you from a movie. I heard them but I didn't see them. The reality is no one could hit that pitch.

That's nice . . . but did you stand in with Gibson . . .

or Randy Johnson?

I cannot imagine standing in for the pitch that Johnson threw behind John Kruk in the all-star game . . . .

I wonder if you could catch with Marichal bats?

that could be an interesting experience.

With all the 3-D technology now, the idea of doing this much more high-tech has to be out there. If not, my youngest is studying 3-D and I might suggest she look into it. She hates baseball, but this has to be marketable. A chance to bat against these great pitchers, I think people would eat it up.

If she really . . .

hates baseball then she's perfect for this . . . she wouldn't be consumed with the game, and so she could be focused on solving the problem in terms of maximizing the experience of the user of the technology.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT