ADVERTISEMENT

What’s your favorite shows from the 80’s?

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
I’ll go..As a 46 year old child of the 80’s I loved :

Muppet Show
Dukes of Hazard
Fraggle Rock
A-Team
Fantasy Island
Family Ties
Different Strokes
Incredible Hulk
Knight Rider

Last edited:
I’ll go..As a 46 year old child of the 80’s I loved :

Muppets
Dukes of Hazard
Fraggle Rock
A-Team
Fantasy Island
Family Ties
Different Strokes
Incredible Hulk
Knight Rider
dead

if only there had been a 24 hr Martha channel.

martha-quinn-net-worth1.jpg

not "today", but here's Martha at 51 yrs old.
b85fa0e733cb5d691e3017f934b91abe.jpg

Hill Street Blues

1981-1987 | NBC
Hill Street Blues is a police drama that aired on NBC from 1981 to 1987. Chronicling the lives of the staff of a single police precinct in an unnamed American city, the show received critical acclaim and its production innovations influenced many subsequent dramatic television series that were made.

St. Elsewhere

1982-1988 | NBC
St. Elsewhere is a medical drama series that ran on NBC 1982 to 1988 set at fictional St. Eligius, a decaying urban teaching hospital in Boston's South End neighborhood. The show starred Ed Flanders, Norman Lloyd and William Daniels all as teaching doctors, who gave interns a promising future in making critical decisions.

Cheers

1982-1993 | NBC
Cheers is a sitom that ran for 11 seasons on NBC from 1982 to 1993. The show is set in the Cheers bar (named for the toast "Cheers") in Boston, Massachusetts, where a group of locals meet to drink, relax, chat and have fun. The show's theme song, written and performed by Gary Portnoy, and co-written with Judy Hart Angelo, lent its famous refrain, "Where Everybody Knows Your Name", as the show's tagline.

L.A. Law

1986-1994 | NBC
L.A. Law is legal drama series that ran for eight seasons on NBC from 1986 to 1994 created by Steven Bochco and Terry Louise Fisher. This critically acclaimed ensemble drama reflected the social and cultural ideologies of the 1980s and early 1990s as many of the cases featured on the show dealt with hot-topic issues of the day. The series often also reflected tensions between the wealthy senior lawyers and their less well-paid junior staff.

and my favorite!

Miami Vice

1984-1989 | NBC
Miami Vice was a crime drama series that ran on NBC for five seasons from 1984 to 1989. The series starred Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas as James "Sonny" Crockett and Ricardo "Rico" Tubbs respectively, two Metro-Dade Police Department detectives working undercover in Miami.

vice-25.jpg

MTV. Profound impact.
In the early 80's I remember watching Dallas at my girlfriend's house. It must have aired on a Friday or Saturday? I remember watching MTV late and falling asleep at the next girlfriend's house . I remember watching Hill Street Blues and the Cosby show.

Magnum PI
Cheers
Remington Steele
Moonlighting
TJ Hooker
Greatest American Hero
Night Court
Macguyver

Magnum PI
Cheers
Remington Steele
Moonlighting
TJ Hooker
Greatest American Hero
Night Court
Macguyver
Yea, Greatest American Hero was another boyhood wet dream of a show...I mean who doesn’t wanna fly....plus the song was always stuck in your head.

Cheers and the NBC Thursday night lineup that went with it which included Night Court and Family Ties and Cosby. Growing Pains is the only show I remember on another network that I tuned into during that time.

Cheers
Night Court
Married w/ Children
Family Ties
Moonlighting
Dallas
Hill Street Blues

Cheers (the BEST)
Night Court
WKRP (Thanksgiving episode is all world)
SNL
Magnum PI
Hill Street Blues
The Love Boat
Dukes of Hazard
Happy Days (it got bad at the end)
Miami Vice
One Day at a Time (Valerie c’mon)
What’s Happening (was this the 80’s or 70’s ... loved Rerun)
Bob Newhart - the one in Maine (but really liked the old one better, but think that was 70’s)

Reactions: kkott
Geez, is that straight from the retirement home?

I actually worked at the Baxter Y in college and Cowboy Bob (Bob Glaze) liked to swim laps and would sometimes call to check if there were few people in the indoor pool. I guess he thought he was a big enough celebrity that he'd get bothered, even though I never saw it. He would always start by saying "this is Bob Glaze..." and I'd say "who?" I always got a kick out of making him say "This is Cowboy Bob!" Did I mention that I was often bored in this job?

One of my favorite shows of all time, just snuck in to the 80's: Wonder Years! Always loved the show, and Winnie Cooper!

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5f0a7386a61bb80006f8fab3%2F0x0.jpg

DoRyzaJXoAEPFTj.jpg

Winnie still looks good in Later Years too!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT