ADVERTISEMENT

What’s important to you for the bowl bid?

What are you hoping for in Indiana’s bowl bid?

• Best opponent

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Best destination

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • Reasonable chance of a win

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
It would be great if Indiana could get a warm weather destination that would generate fan interest and give Indiana a reasonable chance to be competitive. What’s at the top of your list?

Reactions: vesuvius13
That's a very tough question to answer because all three answers are good ones. I chose best opponent, not sure who that would even be. I've got my mind made up about us playing Tennessee and beating them!!

I DO NOT want to see Auburn.

A Florida bowl for the weather and all the players that are from that area. They can play in front of family and friends plus all of the future recruits who may get a chance to see us play.. A close #2 is Nashville due to location. Might be a game I could get to. Don't care who we play.

Any bowl game here in Florida. I try to get back to Indiana for a game at Memorial Stadium every year but I did not make it this year. There are three IU grads in my family and I think every one of them would be coming down for a warm weather IU bowl game.

Any bowl game here in Florida. I try to get back to Indiana for a game at Memorial Stadium every year but I did not make it this year. There are three IU grads in my family and I think every one of them would be coming down for a warm weather IU bowl game.

As would I.

Destination, and a big part of that is cost.

It's one of the reasons I've never turned my nose up at the game in Detroit. Quick drive up - one night stay in a hotel. Cheap trip. Nashville is similar.

Flying to NY or Florida is dicey, but the location is worth it. Flying to the west coast just costs too much to be worthwhile. I like that they're adding the Belk Bowl as it adds another realistic drivable destination from central IN to the mix.

What I want to see is a fair shake from Bowl Sponsors and the Big Ten in choosing us for a Bowl Game. people keep quoting the Rules that they think apply The way the Big Ten treats us it would not surprise me if someone in the Big 10 Office reaches into the bottom of the desk drawer and pulls out some obscure rule that allows Bowls to take teams in some other order so that we end up shuffled off to Detroit rather than being sent to Florida.

I was listening to the Minnesota radio broadcast coming back from the Bucket game. The Fiesta/Tempe (old Insight) bowl Czar was there, and interviewed, and I think he said the Tempe bowl rotates to a B10 tie next year....which is cool.

As for me.....location, but also "scene". San Fran was a great trip, but the Gameday atmosphere sucked. NYC was much better simply because you can subway up, and tailgate at Yogi's or wherever right outside the stadium.

Nashville is perfect. Great bar scene, then walk across the bridge to the game.

Tempe was cool in that way as well.

Games in these NFL stadiums where there is no scene around the venue are lame. I suspect Jacksonville and Tampa would be kinda like that, but not certain.

Opponents....

Give me SEC or B12.

PAC is kinda remote, and ACC is just basketball schools.

Reactions: RedHeart
Don't really care where as much as who the opponent is. Would like to see IU against a top 25 caliber team. Still could use a much needed quality win to make the season a little more complete.

Last edited:
My number one would be whichever game and place makes the players happy. They earned it.
My second choice would be a game that helps us recruit for the future.
Florida to strengthen ties there?
The Midwest to try and compete with kids that may pick the big ten?
West to try and start a base there?

It would be great if Indiana could get a warm weather destination that would generate fan interest and give Indiana a reasonable chance to be competitive. What’s at the top of your list?
Well, to respond to my own post - it looks like Indiana hit the trifecta! This could not have worked out better for the Hoosiers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT