ADVERTISEMENT

Were we out of time outs when the targeting occurred?

kpbucks4454

Junior
Sep 8, 2004
couldnt remember. I thought we called a time out. Did we challenge the no call? And the the play stood as called?

We let the booth review it, they essentially told IU to “know it’s place,”shut up and let the home cooking stand. Big Ten officials are absolutely corrupt. They are bad in basketball but worse in football. This has been going on for years. They protect favored teams.
The legitimacy of the conference and end results should be called into question. With these ultra high definition tvs showing the viewing audience EXACTLY what is transpiring, the days of corrupt officials should be coming to an end.

Ziemba was held quite a bit, as were all of IU's defensive line players.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
The booth called for the review at the last second simply for optics, but the outcome was not going to change. What they didn't realize is that the fact they reviewed it and still did not make the call has made them look really bad. Now maybe they didn't see the clear upfield replay that we have now seen, but I find that hard to believe.

With the BIG...safety matters right up until it conflicts with $$$,

The booth called for the review at the last second simply for optics, but the outcome was not going to change. What they didn't realize is that the fact they reviewed it and still did not make the call has made them look really bad. Now maybe they didn't see the clear upfield replay that we have now seen, but I find that hard to believe.

With the BIG...safety matters right up until it conflicts with $$$,
Allen mentioned that there were avenues as far as bringing this to the attention of the conference. Is it going to change anything? No, but it would be nice to get an acknowledgment that an error was made. I don't think the B1G has ever done that so I wouldn't hold my breath. This kind of thing has really gone on long enough. I think the belief is that we have no leverage and we have to take it. I think if I were the IU admin I would at least make it known privately that we might start shopping around.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Allen mentioned that there were avenues as far as bringing this to the attention of the conference. Is it going to change anything? No, but it would be nice to get an acknowledgment that an error was made. I don't think the B1G has ever done that so I wouldn't hold my breath. This kind of thing has really gone on long enough. I think the belief is that we have no leverage and we have to take it. I think if I were the IU admin I would at least make it known privately that we might start shopping around.

As long as $$$ is involved...as it is in this situation; the BIG says tough tittys IU and Whop, "know your place and sit down"

Reactions: vesuvius13

If we tell them we are going to start shopping around, they say "bye". Honestly, I don't like it, but that is the reality. We have not brought much value to the 2 major sports over the past 20 years from a conference standpoint so we would not have much of a leg to stand on.

I would actually go a different route and let the conference know that if it is open season on our players, then we are going to be QB and star player head hunting when we play the "Big 3" in the east. The league either clears shit up in an office or we start seeking retribution on the field. And yeah that sounds dirty but why should our kid's health be valued less than a kid wearing a Michigan, OSU, or PSU jersey?

I don't want error acknowledgement after the fact because by then we already have an L on the books. The only thing I think I would accept as an after thought would be firing that whole team of officials to show that they mean business when it comes to protecting kids so they better get the damn call right when they have replay ability.

The officials had their marching orders. It was of vital importance to maintain a one loss PSU team heading into their tilt with an undefeated Ohio State crew.

The officials had multiple opportunities to legitimately throw holding flags that would've reversed touchdowns and adversely affected PSU. This conference desperately needed PSU to win this trap game, and this is backed up with the knowledge that just one flag was thrown on PSU all game!!

I do think we are moving in a direction nowadays that people will start to put more heat on these screw jobs. Those 4K Ultra High Definition Samsung televisions show the egregious amount of holding the top Big Ten programs get away with.

Reactions: 76-1
If we tell them we are going to start shopping around, they say "bye". Honestly, I don't like it, but that is the reality. We have not brought much value to the 2 major sports over the past 20 years from a conference standpoint so we would not have much of a leg to stand on.

I would actually go a different route and let the conference know that if it is open season on our players, then we are going to be QB and star player head hunting when we play the "Big 3" in the east. The league either clears shit up in an office or we start seeking retribution on the field. And yeah that sounds dirty but why should our kid's health be valued less than a kid wearing a Michigan, OSU, or PSU jersey?

I don't want error acknowledgement after the fact because by then we already have an L on the books. The only thing I think I would accept as an after thought would be firing that whole team of officials to show that they mean business when it comes to protecting kids so they better get the damn call right when they have replay ability.

I disagree with your first point but agree with the second. That is ultimately what I want. The Big has never disciplined officials so why would they change? On the first point I think you are blinded by disappointed fan complex.

Look at the timing of this in relation to when it happened. Penn State has one loss and is scheduled to play undefeated OSU next week. Some argue that Penn State has a path to be one of the four final teams. A loss by PSU to us gives them 2 losses diminishes the importance of next week's game and takes eyeballs off the screen($$$). We get Michigan next week, if we beat Michigan, the importance of the UM -OSU final game is diminished, eyeballs ($$$) go away from TV and out Christmas shopping on Thanksgiving weekend.
In addition if we beat Michigan, it is possible that we end up with a better season record than they do with a win over them. Now the Big Ten needs to lobby the Bowl Games to see if they can get Michigan to a bigger better payout Bowl Game than we get chosen for.
I'm not saying that the Big Ten Office outright directs Officials to outright call the game in favor of a given team. But they may provide the Officials some subtle hints that highlight the results of the outcome of a game.

Reactions: Hoosiers Rising
Look at the timing of this in relation to when it happened. Penn State has one loss and is scheduled to play undefeated OSU next week. Some argue that Penn State has a path to be one of the four final teams. A loss by PSU to us gives them 2 losses diminishes the importance of next week's game and takes eyeballs off the screen($$$). We get Michigan next week, if we beat Michigan, the importance of the UM -OSU final game is diminished, eyeballs ($$$) go away from TV and out Christmas shopping on Thanksgiving weekend.
In addition if we beat Michigan, it is possible that we end up with a better season record than they do with a win over them. Now the Big Ten needs to lobby the Bowl Games to see if they can get Michigan to a bigger better payout Bowl Game than we get chosen for.
I'm not saying that the Big Ten Office outright directs Officials to outright call the game in favor of a given team. But they may provide the Officials some subtle hints that highlight the results of the outcome of a game.

It’s all for optics. The incompetent officials got the PSU script handed to them right before the game, just like they will next week when OSU plays PSU. By the way, ain’t no way PSU wins that game even if they were on the same level as OSU (which they are not), because the idiots already got the script from the front office. You know how it reads? Protect OSU and let them reach at least 50 points to boost their playoff stock. Sorry Penn State. They will not be giving you a single call in this game. That’s the way this corrupt conference works.

Hell ....I’ll even acknowledge that Knight laid the blueprint for leveraging officials back in the 70s. He got a shit ton of calls. Now, it’s Izzo.

It’s all for optics. The incompetent officials got the PSU script handed to them right before the game, just like they will next week when OSU plays PSU. By the way, ain’t no way PSU wins that game even if they were on the same level as OSU (which they are not), because the idiots already got the script from the front office. You know how it reads? Protect OSU and let them reach at least 50 points to boost their playoff stock. Sorry Penn State. They will not be giving you a single call in this game. That’s the way this corrupt conference works.

Hell ....I’ll even acknowledge that Knight laid the blueprint for leveraging officials back in the 70s. He got a shit ton of calls. Now, it’s Izzo.
Just another way of saying “sh#t rolls downhill”, unfortunately we are near the bottom of that hill.

I disagree with your first point but agree with the second. That is ultimately what I want. The Big has never disciplined officials so why would they change? On the first point I think you are blinded by disappointed fan complex.

I don't want to actually go head hunting, I want to threaten it to make a point.

Reactions: Hoosiers Rising
ADVERTISEMENT