ADVERTISEMENT

Well, this is interesting..

mymanarchie

Recruit
Apr 5, 2018
I have a mutual friend who worked with Stevens back during Eli Lilly and they still keep in contact from time to time. He hasn't spoken to Brad about IU and frankly I don't think they've talked in a while. But, he was able to chat with someone inside the athletic department yesterday (he's been a season ticket holder and donor for a while). I don't know if Brad Stevens will take the IU job.

Here's what I do know:

- Brad Stevens is target #1 and was who Dolson wanted when CAM was let go.
- To that note - Dolson realizes he HAS to get this hire right. "His priority is Stevens, Stevens, and then Stevens" was how it was put.
- Brad Stevens has formally been offered the job.
- The ballpark numbers of $8 Million / yr. coming out today are correct.
- He is taking the weekend to 'think it over' with his wife.
- This part is rumor only, but the word from Boston is that they believe his departure is 'imminent' and a contingency plan for the rest of the season is now being made.
- IU expects an answer by Monday.

Also, FWIW, his wife is enamored with the idea of coming home.

It sounds like we may have our guy.

I have a mutual friend who worked with Stevens back during Eli Lilly and they still keep in contact from time to time. He hasn't spoken to Brad about IU and frankly I don't think they've talked in a while. But, he was able to chat with someone inside the athletic department yesterday (he's been a season ticket holder and donor for a while). I don't know if Brad Stevens will take the IU job.

Here's what I do know:

- Brad Stevens is target #1 and was who Dolson wanted when CAM was let go.
- To that note - Dolson realizes he HAS to get this hire right. "His priority is Stevens, Stevens, and then Stevens" was how it was put.
- Brad Stevens has formally been offered the job.
- The ballpark numbers of $8 Million / yr. coming out today are correct.
- He is taking the weekend to 'think it over' with his wife.
- This part is rumor only, but the word from Boston is that they believe his departure is 'imminent' and a contingency plan for the rest of the season is now being made.
- IU expects an answer by Monday.

Also, FWIW, his wife is enamored with the idea of coming home.

It sounds like we may have our guy.
Hmm.
Home is Ohio for the wife. That part is very sketch.

Bleacher reports today said that the Celtics do not expect him to be going anywhere, so who really knows what is going on behind the scenes

All very plausible. I think Dolson is the kind of guy who will swing for the fences and procuring the $10 million buyout is proof (and don’t think this hasn’t been in the works for a month or longer). Also, this possible move has been talked about on ESPN and many other sources outside of IU and the state of Indiana. It has legs beyond us wackos on a message board, so for that reason I think it has distinct possibilities.

Hmm.
Before Brad took the Boston job home was Indianapolis for years. I bet she’s lived elsewhere longer than her Ohio beginnings. Where did she go to school? Did they meet at DePauw or Lilly?

Nobody knows what the hell is going on. I love all the rumors but good lord...one can only hope you’re right and this weekend goes by quickly.
tenor.gif

Hmm.
Hmmm. Ohio is like 350 miles wide -- not a very precise reference. How close is Boston to Ohio?

She apparently grew up in a suburb west of Cleveland (like a 6 hour drive to Butler) and played soccer at DePauw. She practiced law at what now is called Denton Bingham Greenbaum (1/2 block west of Monument Circle). It's not like she's going to get lost if she drives. She may well have her own Indiana friends in addition to Brad's.

Not sketchy at all.

EDIT: changed "practices" to "practiced."

Last edited:
Where were there kids born? Her home may be Ohio, but quite likely they consider IN “their” home state.

believe their kids were born while Stevens was at Butler. Also while she grew up in Ohio, she went to undergrad in Indiana (depauw) back to Ohio for law school, then back to Indiana working as lawyer for 10 years before they left for Boston. That’s enough time to consider a Indiana home, and I would bet that she has more friends in Indiana than Boston

Reactions: 76-1
Where were there kids born? Her home may be Ohio, but quite likely they consider IN “their” home state.
And, well, plus the idea that they think (wrongly) that Mrs. Stevens doesn't have any Indiana connections somehow automatically nullifies all of Brad's wellknown Indiana connections. Both of them have Indiana connections.

For crying out loud, Stevens' family has been living in Boston for several years. Under that poster's logic, how did the Stevens family ever agree to live in Boston at all since neither spouse is from Boston?

No one knows what will happen but, whatever it turns out to be, it won't depend on where Mrs. Stevens was born.

Before Brad took the Boston job home was Indianapolis for years. I bet she’s lived elsewhere longer than her Ohio beginnings. Where did she go to school? Did they meet at DePauw or Lilly?
She’s also a trustee at butler.

ADVERTISEMENT