ADVERTISEMENT

Well pU picked a good time to get their sh*t together.

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
Absolutely punking #5 Virginia. Maryland doing something similar to Notre Dame. Assuming PSU prevails against Wake, will come down to either OSU or Wisky winning for the B10 to win the 'Challenge'.

Reactions: Wiedersehen
Great overall for the conference. IU will make the tourney regardless this year, but conference success in events like this gives us more opportunities for Q1 wins and thus, better seeds.

Absolutely punking #5 Virginia. Maryland doing something similar to Notre Dame. Assuming PSU prevails against Wake, will come down to either OSU or Wisky winning for the B10 to win the 'Challenge'.
Saw the score. Couldn't watch.
UOTE="rikki-tikka-tava, post: 2804554, member: 3226"]Absolutely punking #5 Virginia. Maryland doing something similar to Notre Dame. Assuming PSU prevails against Wake, will come down to either OSU or Wisky winning for the B10 to win the 'Challenge'.[/QUOTE]
s

Virginia’s offense isn’t absolutely anemic this year, even by their standards. Haven’t scored more than 70 yet in a game.

They will not remain in the Top 25 for very long and will not be contenders in the ACC.

Last edited:
Virginia’s offense isn’t absolutely anemic this year. Haven’t scored more than 70 yet in a game.

They will not remain in the Top 25 for very long and will not be contenders in the ACC.
True, Virginia looked horrible in this game. I mean Purdue always plays solid defense but the lack of talent on Virginia was surprising.

I only saw the first five minutes but some kid was pounding threes on VA. First time I have seen them and only recognized Floppy McFloperson in the starting lineup.

Obviously VA is way over rated right now due to the NC hangover but PU must be halfway decent despite their record.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
Virginia was super over ranked..
They'll be mid pack in the ACC..That Clark kid who made the great 30 ft pass last year in the tournament to due in the Boliers...Is really not a big time ACC point gaurd..He's more of a MAC or MVC one..He' so small he's is a liability on defense ..And he cant even see over guy's. To make decent entry passes to the post..
So that win ..Is good...It's also a little miss leading.

Virginia was super over ranked..
They'll be mid pack in the ACC..That Clark kid who made the great 30 ft pass last year in the tournament to due in the Boliers...Is really not a big time ACC point gaurd..He's more of a MAC or MVC one..He' so small he's is a liability on defense ..And he cant even see over guy's. To make decent entry passes to the post..
So that win ..Is good...It's also a little miss leading.

*misleading - "little miss leading" is an invitation to statutory rape.

We are at the time of the year we will start to find out if teams have been ranked appropriately.

I thought Virginia lost a key player from last year and I believe had another out with injury. I'm not surprised they lost on the road and they are not be the team that finished so well last year.

I wasn't impressed with FSU. The hype by the media didn't match what I saw in our game. They may be big, but they played small. I expected them to pound the ball inside and take advantage of their length with the back court players. It was interesting when they went smaller as we went to our smaller lineup. They became a 3 point shooting team as we did one of our best jobs in stopping drives to the basket.

I believe UL, OSU, Maryland, and Duke are the top 4 teams. With the exception of Duke's loss to SFA, they have all responded to the early challenges. Kansas is in there, but I am waiting for them to fade.

We are at the time of the year we will start to find out if teams have been ranked appropriately.

I thought Virginia lost a key player from last year and I believe had another out with injury. I'm not surprised they lost on the road and they are not be the team that finished so well last year.

I wasn't impressed with FSU. The hype by the media didn't match what I saw in our game. They may be big, but they played small. I expected them to pound the ball inside and take advantage of their length with the back court players. It was interesting when they went smaller as we went to our smaller lineup. They became a 3 point shooting team as we did one of our best jobs in stopping drives to the basket.

I believe UL, OSU, Maryland, and Duke are the top 4 teams. With the exception of Duke's loss to SFA, they have all responded to the early challenges. Kansas is in there, but I am waiting for them to fade.
Are you talking about the Hunter kid who left Virginia early to play with the Atlanta Hawks? He was very impressive last year. They probably miss Kyle Guy a lot.

Virginia is not a Top 20 team. Bennett had a bad recruiting cycle (2 stars) and all his good players left last year. Some of those players getting major minutes wouldn't play at Pepperdine. By far the most overrated team this year.

Last edited:
I thought Virginia lost a key player
Three key plays .. all all conference or all american + a bad recruiting class (two project 2 stars and a midget 3 star).the year before.

Jerome, Hunter, Guy ...

They are not a top 20 team this year. Bennett can coach teams up, but this squad would require a miracle.

Three key plays .. all all conference or all american + a bad recruiting class (two project 2 stars and a midget 3 star).the year before.

Jerome, Hunter, Guy ...

They are not a top 20 team this year. Bennett can coach teams up, but this squad would require a miracle.
Tony Bennett did not recruit a good team for this season.

I only saw the first five minutes but some kid was pounding threes on VA. First time I have seen them and only recognized Floppy McFloperson in the starting lineup.

Obviously VA is way over rated right now due to the NC hangover but PU must be halfway decent despite their record.

Purdue plays solid defense, but scoring the rock has been a tough go for the Boilers sans last night. Purdue actually matches up better with Virginia as they don't have a ton of length or really pressure the ball. Purdue hit three's at an unbelievable clip last night that I don't believe is sustainable.

Hamilton emphasizes and stacks defensive bigs over offensive. It's rare they have a post or interior scorer.
I wish I had watched more of the pu game to see how much FSU employed the smaller lineup and how effective it was.

Painter likes his big trees in the paint. TJD and Smith should do well against them.

ADVERTISEMENT