ADVERTISEMENT

Well played game, screwed by the refs 2x in the last minute

Durham clearly fouled. Phinisee tripped. Wake up refs!
Yeah. Refs were kind whack much of the game. But you gotta beat them and the crowd away. We just aren’t good enough to do that most times. We had a chance, and that’s what you want on the road. Need to win at least one more regular season to ensure we are GTG. We are getting better. Easy to see that.

We shot 40%.....40%ish for the last....Big Ten. This is, by far, the worst shooting team in my lifetime. And I’m going back a long time,

You shouldn't leave Vaseline near the bench. Oh, it's empty. You did get screwed. At least, your players have smiles on their faces.

Nice "F" job by that ref who gave a timeout to a guy running toward him while there's a tie up going on right at is his feet between 2 guys!! Unbelievable!!

Same guy should have T'd up Illini's Williams after Phinisee made a great play to tie him up earlier and Williams gets right up I his grill.

IF Al got fouled on that 3, that was Karstenson who was right there to miss that.

Plenty of chances to win, but totally F'd the last few minutes.

Nice "F" job by that ref who gave a timeout to a guy running toward him while there's a tie up going on right at is his feet between 2 guys!! Unbelievable!!

Same guy should have T'd up Illini's Williams after Phinisee made a great play to tie him up earlier and Williams gets right up I his grill.

IF Al got fouled on that 3, that was Karstenson who was right there to miss that.

Plenty of chances to win, but totally F'd the last few minutes.

Fans should know well enough by now that mediocre, lower tier teams in the conference like the IU program has become are not going to get calls, especially on the road. The conference is designed to protect the better programs. IU doesn’t fit that bill. They are in the lower part of the conference and aren’t going to get the benefit of an officiating crew.

Reactions: Crossblock
Fans should know well enough by now that mediocre, lower tier teams in the conference like the IU program has become are not going to get calls, especially on the road. The conference is designed to protect the better programs. IU doesn’t fit that bill. They are in the lower part of the conference and aren’t going to get the benefit of an officiating crew.
The conference isn’t designed to protect the better teams. That’s asinine. A couple of calls / non calls went against IU late and tipped a close game to UI. It happens. But IU had plenty of chance today and just couldn’t get it done, and we didn’t.

Defensively, the effort was really good, but offensively we’re just not good enough to consistently beat good teams. Long scoring droughts happen to every team, but they happen to IU every game. We’re just not good enough to overcome those kinds of lapses, and we’re not disciplined enough to prevent them from happening.

Shut up. Do you ever do anything other than b*tch?

The conference isn’t designed to protect the better teams. That’s asinine. A couple of calls / non calls went against IU late and tipped a close game to UI. It happens. But IU had plenty of chance today and just couldn’t get it done, and we didn’t.

Defensively, the effort was really good, but offensively we’re just not good enough to consistently beat good teams. Long scoring droughts happen to every team, but they happen to IU every game. We’re just not good enough to overcome those kinds of lapses, and we’re not disciplined enough to prevent them from happening.

Actually, you are right: IU could get every 50/50 call go their way and would still find a way to eff it up. The program just isn’t any good. That’s what bad programs do: fail to capitalize. I would trade our back court for any other in the Big. Top to bottom, it’s got to be one of the worst in all of Div 1.

If you want to win games at any level, you need to do several things.
1. When on the Road, take control early and take the crowd out of the equation.
2. No matter where you play, play well enough to take the Officials out of the equation, and don't give them the opportunity to influence the outcome.

I agree with the poster who said the Officials sometimes Officiate the Teams rather than what happens on the floor. We have seen this on the football side for years. When we are in a game with Michigan into the 4th Quarter, suddenly flags come out for what appear to be phantom penalties against us, or strange on field rulings that aren't supported by video evidence.

I will be interested to see how games are Officiated in the Big Ten Tourney. If a lot of games that are close are Officiated against the lower seed, the fix is in, and the Big 10 has decided that the best way to maximize revenue is to protect the higher seeded teams so they obtain the highest possible seed in the NCAA Tourney and the best opportunity to at least make it to the Sweet 16.

Actually, you are right: IU could get every 50/50 call go their way and would still find a way to eff it up. The program just isn’t any good. That’s what bad programs do: fail to capitalize. I would trade our back court for any other in the Big. Top to bottom, it’s got to be one of the worst in all of Div 1.
It’s both strange and a little ironic that a former college guard continues to have so much trouble finding good guard play at IU, and in Year Three, no less. It’s obviously not good enough.

Another ignorant statement. Back court isn’t great and can mostly be categorized as inconsistent, but any back court in the B10? So silly.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Just the facts. No bitching here. If you don’t like the real picture, I suggest you spend less time in Chuck-E-Cheese.

Facts? No, opinions and unfounded ones at that. You just inferred that the B10 protects better programs (Illinois). Illinois, sans Rutgers whose only been in the B10 for a minute and Northwestern, has been one of the worst B10 programs the last decade. Maybe cool it with the hot takes.

Bottom line is TJD needs to make one free throw and you can still tie on a three. You simply cant miss both.

Reactions: cshartle123
Bottom line is TJD needs to make one free throw and you can still tie on a three. You simply cant miss both.
TJD kinda disappeared that second half. Maybe he'll be more assertive next year. His shot in traffic, other than point blank dunks, appears a bit spastic, as if launched by an overly rambunctious puppy dog. He needs to settle down and deliver the rock with more precision.

I was at the game, I thought IU played well. The difference in the game to me was the lack of a proven scorer for IU. We just have a tough time getting any easy points.

We talking about the same 7-21 Nebraska team? The team losing at home to 1-15 Northwestern? The Nebraska team with 22 TO’s? The Nebraska team who is 7-26 from the FT line? Drugs are a bad look.

We are talking about individual players, not a team comparison.

We are talking about individual players, not a team comparison.

You just listed a “trio of players”, that’s a collective group. Yes IU’s backcourt isn’t great as there has been major inconsistency, but there isn’t a chance in hell I’m taking Northwestern or Nebraska’s collection of guards over ours. There’s a reason why their records are what they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
ADVERTISEMENT