ADVERTISEMENT

Well played game, screwed by the refs 2x in the last minute

His foot was extended. It should've been called a foul.
Certainly, it's called a charge.

I'm not going to argue with you if it was a foul, as I've said, I think it's subjective and some refs would call it and some would not. My argument with you is you were trying to say 1) it's not a foul because the defender has his foot planted and didn't move, 2) that Phin initiated the contact, and 3) that it was a "Fact" that it wasn't a foul.

And, here you go: go to 3:10 and play from there. Don't see how you can say he didn't trip him, but I know you will!

The foul would be on the offensive player. That’s the point I was making. And, no, it’s still not a foul on the trip. The right non call prevailed.

Y'all getting Ordy'd up in this thread. It's a zero sum outcome with him and he'll troll you all day long. Utilizing the ignore function is the correct choice.
Having seen you get way over your skis on the football board, I’ll take your criticism as a compliment. Thanks.

When the defender initiated the contact, a foul should be called. He just didn’t in this situation. And it has nothing to do with whether I like Miller or not (I’ve never said I don’t like him, so you made that up), it’s just the rules of the game. I’m obviously not a big fan of whining about refs and using them as an excuse.

Horse shit.

It was a trip, period. You cannot stick your leg in between the legs of your opponent and then claim you had space. This non call was then compounded by the same official who missed the foul then giving a timeout to Illinois when they did not have the ball.

Just because the Big Ten has shitty officiating does not mean that fans should have to agree with it. "You should have played more perfectlier in order to overcome the shitty officiating on the road..." That is tired as hell and we hear it every year. And the guy who missed the calls has a history of being garbage, google him.

Reactions: MrBing
The foul would be on the offensive player. That’s the point I was making. And, no, it’s still not a foul on the trip. The right non call prevailed.

OK, then that's a 4th point you are wrong on too! On the offensive player? Wow. Look at the video the other guy posted, you can see the defender's leg is extended out. At least you acknowledged it was a trip! Freudian slip!

I’m not saying the officiating was great, but I think you guys are trying to stretch and bend the rules to make a foul where there wasn’t one. I know a few in the discussion are upset because I didn’t take the easy party line and just fall into place, but not every call is a bad one, and that don’t think they got it wrong on that play.

You are free to be wrong.

Reactions: kkott
Y'all getting Ordy'd up in this thread. It's a zero sum outcome with him and he'll troll you all day long. Utilizing the ignore function is the correct choice.
Yep. I put him on ignore late last week. I should have done it when he popped up under this name last fall. Don't engage - that's his only purpose here.

For those who might occasionally watch The Simpsons, Ord, (or Birnk, Prankster Mary, KernCo, HelenDell, and all his other incarnations) is essentially Comic Book Guy - a loser pathetically seeking validation for his perceived brilliance. Certainly not worth the time and effort it takes to engage him.

OK, then that's a 4th point you are wrong on too! On the offensive player? Wow. Look at the video the other guy posted, you can see the defender's leg is extended out. At least you acknowledged it was a trip! Freudian slip!
It wasn’t a foul. RP initiated the contact and the defender was where he was allowed to be. You’re still wrong, no matter how often you whine about this.

Yep. I put him on ignore late last week. I should have done it when he popped up under this name last fall. Don't engage - that's his only purpose here.

For those who might occasionally watch The Simpsons, Ord, (or Birnk, Prankster Mary, KernCo, HelenDell, and all his other incarnations) is essentially Comic Book Guy - a loser pathetically seeking validation for his perceived brilliance. Certainly not worth the time and effort it takes to engage him.
Go away, Cougar.

It wasn’t a foul. RP initiated the contact and the defender was where he was allowed to be. You’re still wrong, no matter how often you whine about this.

I'm just curious, did you rewatch it? It was actually worse than I remembered yesterday, especially the clip/angle the other guy posted.

Eric Gordon says hi.

Eric Gordon said hi twitter. Didn't work out for him very well.

I'm surprised Indiana fans, nearly 15 years later, will still defend that guy.

Him repeatedly telling lies to the staff and even getting on message boards and telling fans he was solid to Illinois to just to decommit in the latest hours was classless.

His dad mfering people and flipping off fans in the stands at Illinois wasn't exactly smart either and the smear campaign by him labeling Weber as a racist to anyone and everyone that would listen was disgusting.

I know you guys really wanted to win and be relevant again but you kind of got what you deserved with Kelvin Sampson. I didn't have an issue with Indiana until that. I think some of your fans would hire Bruce Pearl if it would guarantee your relevance again and that's part of your problem.

I’m not saying the officiating was great, but I think you guys are trying to stretch and bend the rules to make a foul where there wasn’t one. I know a few in the discussion are upset because I didn’t take the easy party line and just fall into place, but not every call is a bad one, and that don’t think they got it wrong on that play.
I was much more upset at the no call on Durham and the quick fire time out called. Those 2 calls could have caused a 2-5 pt swing. Looking at the final score, that's kinda important.

Again, Green shot us into a hole at the wrong time. We did all we could to scramble and recover the final few minutes but dug a hole that couldn't afford any margin of error, either by us or the refs.

Him repeatedly telling lies to the staff and even getting on message boards and telling fans he was solid to Illinois to just to decommit in the latest hours was classless.

His dad mfering people and flipping off fans in the stands at Illinois wasn't exactly smart either and the smear campaign by him labeling Weber as a racist to anyone and everyone that would listen was disgusting.

I know you guys really wanted to win and be relevant again but you kind of got what you deserved with Kelvin Sampson. I didn't have an issue with Indiana until that. I think some of your fans would hire Bruce Pearl if it would guarantee your relevance again and that's part of your problem.
So . . .Eric Gordon decommitting was classless, but you coming onto an IU hoop site is classy? Got it.

There's a reason you all are called the Ill-whini:

You hired a coach who had an assistant linked directly to the FBI probe into corruption of college basketball. Oklahoma St was just sent an NOA stemming from Underwood's tenure. Get out of here with your sanctimonious bullshit.

So . . .Eric Gordon decommitting was classless, but you coming onto an IU hoop site is classy? Got it.

There's a reason you all are called the Ill-whini:

What a childish argument. "You came onto a message board to troll Illinois fans so what Eric Gordon did was ok".

What's next? "he started it?"

What Gordon did was disgusting. He repeatedly lied to Weber. His dad started on a smear campaign telling everybody Weber was racist. He acted like a complete idiot at State Farm and then wondered why he almost got into it with Illinois fans.

You guys all defended that b.s. with Sampson then acted beside yourself when you got what was coming to you for hiring a cheater w/ no moral fiber in his being and you still defend it today? I came on here with one single troll post and then attempted to have an honest conversation about the game (and the call I conceded I thought was absurd on the jump ball).

Yeah, it appears it hasn't worked out well and I'm sure he's lamenting not sticking with UI after a 10+ year NBA career that is still active. I don't hear anyone commenting about Gordon, except for you, and you're the one who sounds like he's not over it. I followed recruiting pretty closely and you've got a lot of butthurt statements in there, that I'd never heard, other than the dustup with his Dad and UI fans in the stands. I agree on Sampson and Pearl, one was a mistake and the other would be. While there are some, I think it's far from a majority of IU fans who want any part of either at this point. Although, yes, I do think IU nation is dying to be relevant again.

You hired a coach who had an assistant linked directly to the FBI probe into corruption of college basketball. Oklahoma St was just sent an NOA stemming from Underwood's tenure. Get out of here with your bullshit.

That assistant was getting kickbacks by agents for funneling them to him. How exactly does that remotely affect recruiting and help Underwood get a guy?

You are doubling down on stupid here. That did nothing to benefit anybody but the guy making side cash doing it. You think Underwood wanted to risk sanctions so his assistant could line his own pockets with some extra cash?

Let's not pretend like Underwood has texts similar to Bill Self talking about buying players. Try to have an honest conversation.

Yeah, it appears it hasn't worked out well and I'm sure he's lamenting not sticking with UI after a 10+ year NBA career that is still active. I don't hear anyone commenting about Gordon, except for you, and you're the one who sounds like he's not over it. I followed recruiting pretty closely and you've got a lot of butthurt statements in there, that I'd never heard, other than the dustup with his Dad and UI fans in the stands. I agree on Sampson and Pearl, one was a mistake and the other would be. While there are some, I think it's far from a majority of IU fans who want any part of either at this point. Although, yes, I do think IU nation is dying to be relevant again.

Obviously Gordon wasn't over it either when he decided to tweet about it as if he actually should have an ax to grind with Illinois fans vs. the other way around. Pretty dumb when you lie to a fanbase and a coach for months to flip in the final hour and then act like you are the victim of the situation (which he did if you read some ridiculous stories). I think it's funny because the dickhead coach who pulled that move, while your "win at all costs" fanbase buried their heads in the sand, got sanctions afterwards.

Like I said you guys would hire Bruce Pearl tomorrow and pony up the money to buy players if it meant you could hang more banners. That's why you've been in basketball purgatory for the last 20 years. And, let me beat you to the punch, we've been there too because we hired two horrible coaches not because we hired a known cheater and looked the other way. Sometimes karma is a bitch.

I have noticed Archie Miller snapping at players lately. Maybe he'll become your Bobby Knight 2.0 and you guys can brush it off if he chokes out a player as long as he wins enough games to get you another banner?

That assistant was getting kickbacks by agents for funneling them to him. How exactly does that remotely affect recruiting and help Underwood get a guy?

You are doubling down on stupid here. That did nothing to benefit anybody but the guy making side cash doing it. You think Underwood wanted to risk sanctions so his assistant could line his own pockets with some extra cash?

Let's not pretend like Underwood has texts similar to Bill Self talking about buying players. Try to have an honest conversation.

You're being obtuse, did I ever say anything about recruiting? You're on an Indiana fan board bitching about a coach who hasn't been here in 10+ years. Fact of the matter is that Brad Underwood hired LaMont Evans who not only accepted bribes at Oklahoma State (under Underwood's watch) but also at South Carolina. Oklahoma State received a notice of allegation stemming from Underwood's tenure at Oklahoma State. Don't even make me bring up Deon Thomas. Best not to throw stones in a glass house. Congratulations on your win yesterday.

Reactions: MrBing and kkott
Like I said you guys would hire Bruce Pearl tomorrow and pony up the money to buy players if it meant you could hang more banners. That's why you've been in basketball purgatory for the last 20 years. And, let me beat you to the punch, we've been there too because we hired two horrible coaches not because we hired a known cheater and looked the other way. Sometimes karma is a bitch.

Lol. Bruce Pearl is in the same boat as Brad Underwood, the coach you literally just defended as to having a rogue assistant. Pearl's only crime is lying to the NCAA about letting Aaron Craft attend a bbq in his backyard during a recruiting visit.

Obviously Gordon wasn't over it either when he decided to tweet about it as if he actually should have an ax to grind with Illinois fans vs. the other way around. Pretty dumb when you lie to a fanbase and a coach for months to flip in the final hour and then act like you are the victim of the situation (which he did if you read some ridiculous stories). I think it's funny because the dickhead coach who pulled that move, while your "win at all costs" fanbase buried their heads in the sand, got sanctions afterwards.

I have noticed Archie Miller snapping at players lately. Maybe he'll become your Bobby Knight 2.0 and you guys can brush it off if he chokes out a player as long as he wins enough games to get you another banner?

Hiring Sampson was a mistake, but I never faulted him for recruiting Gordon, even after his commitment. He was a native son and Hoosier legend at that point, so I see nothing wrong with checking in with his camp and asking if a change in coaches might have any bearing on his decision. I think in that instance it's forgivable. We made a mistake with Sampson and have paid our price and moved on. Of course, you're the one who came over here to troll, so don't be surprised when you get ragged for it. Congrats, I like your team and how they play, now move along before your diaper rash worsens.

You're being obtuse, did I ever say anything about recruiting? You're on an Indiana fan board bitching about a coach who hasn't been here in 10+ years. Fact of the matter is that Brad Underwood hired LaMont Evans who not only accepted bribes at Oklahoma State (under Underwood's watch) but also at South Carolina. Oklahoma State received a notice of allegation stemming from Underwood's tenure at Oklahoma State. Don't even make me bring up Deon Thomas. Best not to throw stones in a glass house. Congratulations on your win yesterday.

Lol. Bruce Pearl is in the same boat as Brad Underwood, the coach you literally just defended as to having a rogue assistant. Pearl's only crime is lying to the NCAA about letting Aaron Craft attend a bbq in his backyard during a recruiting visit.

Lol at the insinuation Brad Underwood is in the same galaxy of Bruce Pearl.

Enjoy Archie piledriving your program some more and if it gets too painful just look at your 80s banners you got while your egomaniac coach was choking out players which didnt bother you until you stopped winning.

Your program is where decent coaches go to die. Tom Crean will win more tournament games than Indiana the next 5 years. Cant wait until your next bust hire.

Enjoy Archie piledriving your program some more and if it gets too painful just look at your 80s banners you got while your egomaniac coach was choking out players which didnt bother you until you stopped winning.

Your program is where decent coaches go to die. Tom Crean will win more tournament games than Indiana the next 5 years. Cant wait until your next bust hire.

I'm so happy that Illinois beating IU for just the second time since 2014 has brought you so much joy that you felt the need to come over and let us know about it.

Hiring Sampson was a mistake, but I never faulted him for recruiting Gordon, even after his commitment. He was a native son and Hoosier legend at that point, so I see nothing wrong with checking in with his camp and asking if a change in coaches might have any bearing on his decision. I think in that instance it's forgivable. We made a mistake with Sampson and have paid our price and moved on. Of course, you're the one who came over here to troll, so don't be surprised when you get ragged for it. Congrats, I like your team and how they play, now move along before your diaper rash worsens.

Nothing wrong with the way IU recruited Gordon. There's usually a gentlemen's agreement among B10 coaches that you don't recruit a committed player, but all that is off the table when a new coaching hire takes place.

I may or may not have played ball with Gordon Sr at North Central back in the day and may or may not still talk to him a couple times a month, but the reason Gordon committed to Illinois instead of Indiana was the uncertainty with the direction of the Indiana program with Mike Davis. The Gordon's weren't comfortable committing to a toxic situation where the coach may or may not have been there and that's why he pulled the plug on Illinois. Once IU made the move to fire Davis and the toxicity was removed, it was only going to be a matter of when he de-committed.

I'm just curious, did you rewatch it? It was actually worse than I remembered yesterday, especially the clip/angle the other guy posted.
I did, several times. I truly don’t see a foul, even at full speed.

What’s the point? You know IU had a couple of assistants back in the day who did some pretty bad stuff, right?

Speaking of the '80's - Jimmy Collins was one of the greatest bagmen of all time. The reason Illinois fans hate Bruce Pearl so much (in addition to the fact that Pearl is a POS) is that Pearl ratted Jimmy out for the dirty tricks when Bruce was an assistant at Iowa. Lots of bad blood over the recruitment of Michael Payne and the Douglass brothers.

Lou's pipeline to Chicago was paved with payoffs to high school coaches and AAU handlers. A lot of those really good Illini teams of the late '80's were loaded with Chicago players who were bought and paid for.

So you might want to move away from those glass walls before you start chucking bricks to the east.

Nothing wrong with the way IU recruited Gordon. There's usually a gentlemen's agreement among B10 coaches that you don't recruit a committed player, but all that is off the table when a new coaching hire takes place.

I may or may not have played ball with Gordon Sr at North Central back in the day and may or may not still talk to him a couple times a month, but the reason Gordon committed to Illinois instead of Indiana was the uncertainty with the direction of the Indiana program with Mike Davis. The Gordon's weren't comfortable committing to a toxic situation where the coach may or may not have been there and that's why he pulled the plug on Illinois. Once IU made the move to fire Davis and the toxicity was removed, it was only going to be a matter of when he de-committed.

Yeah, that was my feeling. Normally I think it would be underhanded to contact a committed player, but in that situation I don't have a problem with it. Frankly, I'd question your commitment to winning if you didn't. Now if they say no, it makes no different, then you drop it, but obviously that's not what they said/did.

I have him on ignore so all I'm seeing are the replies to him. He's a stubborn a$$ and he'll argue forever when he's clearly wrong.

I try and give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but that's what I've experienced too. Ignored.

Reactions: MrBing
Speaking of the '80's - Jimmy Collins was one of the greatest bagmen of all time. The reason Illinois fans hate Bruce Pearl so much (in addition to the fact that Pearl is a POS) is that Pearl ratted Jimmy out for the dirty tricks when Bruce was an assistant at Iowa. Lots of bad blood over the recruitment of Michael Payne and the Douglass brothers.

Lou's pipeline to Chicago was paved with payoffs to high school coaches and AAU handlers. A lot of those really good Illini teams of the late '80's were loaded with Chicago players who were bought and paid for.

So you might want to move away from those glass walls before you start chucking bricks to the east.
Pearl had nothing to do with the recruitment of either Payne or Douglass. He wasn’t even an assistant at Iowa then. His issue with Illinois and Collins was about Deon Thomas.

That's bullshit and further reaffirms what a class liar Sr is.

Weber's job wasnt remotely at stake at that point and Sr. knew it. He was trying to get Derrick Rose to come to.

The issue was Sr. lieing to Weber repeatedly that they weren't interested in Indiana with a new coach and one AAU coach tied to him started running around saying Weber was racist and dropped an n word in a practice. Like, bruce Weber, really?

Sr. went around saying that to other recruits for months and jr. posted the infamous line "everything is fine goodnight" about his verbal then flips two days later.

If he had reopened his recruitment when Sampson was hired cool. Instead they lied to the staff until signing day and flipped and dragging Bruce Weber's name through the mud.

It was disgusting and why would I lie I hate bruce Weber for pile driving our program.

Weber's job wasnt remotely at stake at that point and Sr. knew it. He was trying to get Derrick Rose to come to.

The issue was Sr. lieing to Weber repeatedly that they weren't interested in Indiana with a new coach and one AAU coach tied to him started running around saying Weber was racist and dropped an n word in a practice. Like, bruce Weber, really?

Sr. went around saying that to other recruits for months and jr. posted the infamous line "everything is fine goodnight" about his verbal then flips two days later.

If he had reopened his recruitment when Sampson was hired cool. Instead they lied to the staff until signing day and flipped and dragging Bruce Weber's name through the mud.

It was disgusting and why would I lie I hate bruce Weber for pile driving our program.
You really need a bidet and one of those inflatable donuts. Sooooo much butthurt !.

You really need a bidet and one of those inflatable donuts. Sooooo much butthurt !.

Providing the facts of the situation makes me butthurt?

Just not into reading incorrect claims on what transpired

If any of you think it was cool for Sr. to lie about IU interest and spread Weber was a racist is alright cool. But it happened.

Never once did I say anything about Weber's job being in jeopardy, maybe English isn't your strong suit? I said very clearly that Gordon Sr was hesitant allowing Jr to commit to Indiana initially with so much uncertainty surrounding the program (Davis' future). The fan base turned on Davis very quickly during Gordon's high school career and Sr wasn't going to let Jr commit to a program whose head coach may or may not be there by the time Jr got to campus.

I have no clue what Gordon said or did with Weber and frankly don't care. Writing was on the wall for Jr to flip once IU figured out their head coaching situation. IU lost out on a ton of local Indy talent from the 05 and 06 classes due to the uncertainty of the head coaching position.

Come again?

Our program has been a dumpster fire for going on 15 years now - no debating that.

Our current coach Archie is a completely incompetent clown - absolutely no argument there. It is what it is. He’s our John Groce.

But to hear this from, of all programs, an Illinois fan? Really? You guys have been the laughingstock of the Big Ten for the last decade. You’ve been to the tournament twice since 2009. Not once since 2013. What in the world is wrong with you man?

Reactions: birdforbogey
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT