ADVERTISEMENT

Well, it's been a mixed bag so far for the B1G in the tournament...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Michigan just got bounced from the tournament by MAC champs Central Michigan, 8-2, in a loser's bracket game. Maryland is up on Norfolk State, 15-0, and is on it's way to winning their loser's bracket game and even their record to 1-1, while Nebraska, 1-0, after winning last night, take on #1 overall seed Arkansas tonight. On paper, it looks like Maryland would have the best chance to make it to the super regional, but I wouldn't want to bet on that. I was hoping for a much better showing by the B1G teams, but it could have been worse.

The fact the BIG did not allow non conference games really hurt.
I totally agree with that. From a team development standpoint, it hurt not to have those extra games, especially with the younger players. That's all water over the dam now, and we have no choice but to move on from this season.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
While it has nothing to do with us or the B1G, I saw that Florida got totally embarrassed as the #15 seed overall and the host of the Gainesville FL Regional. They lost both their games including the eliminating game, 19-1, to South Alabama. I can imagine what the fan posts are like down there.

Reactions: mk23
Well, Maryland came out of the loser's bracket and will have to beat East Carolina twice to make it to the super regional, while Nebraska is up big on NJ Tech, 18-4, in the 8th as I post this, and if they win they will also have to beat Arkansas twice to make it to the super regional. It looks like the season will be over with very shortly for the B1G.

Nebraska has reached the championship game with Arkansas and that game will be on ESPN2 at 7 p.m. (ET) tonight if anyone is interested. MD was eliminated by East Carolina yesterday, while Neb knocked off Arkansas, 5-3 to reach the championship game coming out of the loser's bracket.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT