ADVERTISEMENT

Well Archie is off all hot seats

Coach for the long haul now. Couldn't be happier abut the sequence of events.

Curse of Knight is over?? Watch us win a few we shouldn't and make a sweet 16 run. Holy shit it feels good to be a IU fan, WTF is happening????

Don't know if I would go that far YET and I was excited about his hire and have supported him all along but there is still some troubling things that need to be cleaned up.

Of course, better talent makes coaches better!

If Lander reclassifies to 2020 then IU has to make a run in the tourney next season. The personnel will be there.

Reactions: ufo33

Curse of Knight is over?? Watch us win a few we shouldn't and make a sweet 16 run. Holy shit it feels good to be a IU fan, WTF is happening????

Jumping the gun here, IMO. Winning this next game would go a long way...

Reactions: 4IUSox2

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled we got Lander, but I really don't understand why folks see this as a big difference maker. It's really more of the same of what Archie's been doing with recruiting, which is getting the best player in the state for now the 3rd and possibly 4th year. But Romeo is gone and TJD might be before Lander steps on the court. It seems to me what he really needs to do to make fans feel better is stack 2 of those guys in 1 class, and of course WIN!

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled we got Lander, but I really don't understand why folks see this as a big difference maker. It's really more of the same of what Archie's been doing with recruiting, which is getting the best player in the state for now the 3rd and possibly 4th year. But Romeo is gone and TJD might be before Lander steps on the court. It seems to me what he really needs to do to make fans feel better is stack 2 of those guys in 1 class, and of course WIN!

Lander is going to be 2020. Which fills a huge need, that I have been critical of. PG. he looks like he can dribble, will Be nice to have a ball handler.

Oh and btw.... we are winning:).

Need to land Furst with Lander

Reactions: kkott and BaxterIU
Lander is going to be 2020. Which fills a huge need, that I have been critical of. PG. he looks like he can dribble, will Be nice to have a ball handler.

Winning? We’re 8-8 in the B1G and getting ready to play a team on the road that just spanked us at home by 12.

But getting Lander is indeed great news. Go Hoosiers.

Reactions: kkott and cryano
Winning? We’re 8-8 in the B1G and getting ready to play a team on the road that just spanked us at home by 12.

But getting Lander is indeed great news. Go Hoosiers.

3 out of 4! Literally win one more game, in the tourney. Now we are playing with house money, and winning either of the next two will be an additional surprise, i think we for sure do just that!

Reactions: MrBing
Coach stays....rip the paper and start the music.

Yep. AM isn't going anywhere this off season with the new AD coming in. I doubt he would have had FG stayed, He gets another season to build a program and that is the right thing to do. Victimbear, fraudpaw, Ordfan and a couple others have spewed too much BS here and dulled the senses.

Yep. AM isn't going anywhere this off season with the new AD coming in. I doubt he would have had FG stayed, He gets another season to build a program and that is the right thing to do. Victimbear, fraudpaw, Ordfan and a couple others have spewed too much BS here and dulled the senses.
This season and program quite frankly were at a crossroads after the PU debacle. Archie was on the wrong side of the bubble in year 3. Huge road win at Minny and a few quad 1 home wins took him down the path of success. I don’t think people realize how big the last 2 weeks have been for the program.

KL committing this early in the recruiting cycle is a big deal. High level wings and bigs will know that one of the best point guards in the country, a 5star pass first pg, is already on board. This makes IU a very attractive school for them to play at. I expect IU to have a super 2021 class.

I get it and agree, but I still consider myself on the Archie/IU bandwagon and supporting the Coach and team. I'm trying to understand why some of the guys who've been bitching about recruiting see this as any change, because unless he reclassifies and unless TJD stays (which I think he will), talent-wise, this is just keeping us at the same level: 1 5 star on the roster. I'd like to see some of these folks acknowledge that Archie's recruiting overall hasn't been the problem (except I think our guard situation this year is on him... the guys that left last year were both bigs/posts).

Need to land Furst with Lander

Kaufman / Duncomb look more promising from a probability perspective, if a few more dominos drop here in the spring, then remaining spots will be for kids who want to be on a special team(s) vs early playing time / etc.

Best part is culture:

1. Student Athletes: I believe Geronimo has a 4.0, Lander May graduate hs in 3 years, Kaufman I believe has a 4.0 and/or is in the running for valedictorian

2. Inside / out: next year’s roster (assuming no xfers)

1-Illinois (Justin - sr)
1-Georgia (Al - sr)
1-Minnesota (Race - jr)
1-Ohio (Hunter - jr* depends on rs)
1-New Hampshire (Geronimo - fr)
The rest Indiana

2021 - might be another from Ohio and just Minn/New Hampshire outside of Indiana

3. Seems to be stacking high character kids

As a foundation for a winning program, not sure if you can do much more. Now the only thing left is w/l on the court, but I’d be very surprised if that doesn’t follow in lockstep.

The sustainability of this program was critical to build, it is close to being established, the fruits should be sustained on court success (those expectations are rising and rightly so). This is the healthiest the program (not specific team) has been since 2000. Fun to watch a strategy articulated, followed and projecting to be successful.

I get it and agree, but I still consider myself on the Archie/IU bandwagon and supporting the Coach and team. I'm trying to understand why some of the guys who've been bitching about recruiting see this as any change, because unless he reclassifies and unless TJD stays (which I think he will), talent-wise, this is just keeping us at the same level: 1 5 star on the roster. I'd like to see some of these folks acknowledge that Archie's recruiting overall hasn't been the problem (except I think our guard situation this year is on him... the guys that left last year were both bigs/posts).

ya I am a person that thought recruiting is fine but next year was a huge problem with no ball handlers. This years team is atrocious at ball handling. Lander next year fills it better than anyone. So give credit where credit is do. He might have had a hole in the roster this year, but boy did he fix it.

Reactions: kkott and Sassy61
ya I am a person that thought recruiting is fine but next year was a huge problem with no ball handlers. This years team is atrocious at ball handling. Lander next year fills it better than anyone. So give credit where credit is do. He might have had a hole in the roster this year, but boy did he fix it.

Agreed. I feel like I'm pretty fair and objectively critical of Archie. I've continued to say it was a big miss/mistake to go in to this year and not have added a shooter, either grad transfer or in an earlier class with our guards being what they are. Folks have said there were no grad transfers that fit the bill, etc... but after watching last year, and knowing the class you had, it was easy to guess shooting was still going to be a problem and needed fixing. He didn't do it and that was a miss. However, talent-wise, I think he's done pretty well. IMO, it's unfair to compare him to guys like Penny and Howard who were out of college ball and worked to develop AAU/recruiting pipelines with the anticipation of getting a college job. For walking in to this position from a former job, I think his recruiting has been OK. Could have been a bit better, but could have been a lot worse. If you want to Monday morning QB, it's probably fair to ask if keeping guys like AD, DG and JS was wise or not, but again, I think he did the right thing honoring commitments for guys who could help the team and for helping Gelon find another opportunity.

See the update on '21 recruting...

I'm wondering about '21 bigs. The bad news is Duncomb might be the only one we're seriously recruiting....good news is he might commit......Looking at him on you tube, he looks like an Iowa or Wisconsin type recruit.....Looks to be 6'9" 220 or so....skilled but not overly athletic....looks like more of an interior-oriented player than some Wisky recruits (they apparently want him bad)....probably can carry another 10 lbs....rated 125/149 on the 2 main recruiting websites, so kind of a role player, but does also have an OSU offer and played on a state championship team....

Reactions: kkott
This season and program quite frankly were at a crossroads after the PU debacle. Archie was on the wrong side of the bubble in year 3. Huge road win at Minny and a few quad 1 home wins took him down the path of success. I don’t think people realize how big the last 2 weeks have been for the program.
Do you work for IU ? You are pumping the sunshine a little hard for a real fan

Reactions: cryano
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT