ADVERTISEMENT

Well, a win's a win . . .

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
USMNT played hard and tough today, and I think they earned the GC trophy.

That said, Shea was offside on the goal . . . and Landon's shot was going in anyway. Not sure I like what Shea did there.

I did like his pass to EJ a few minutes later . . . I think it curled back to EJ a little more than he expected, and got on him a little bit sooner than he was ready for.

But overall a good effort, and a medal for Will, even if he didn't play today.

A good win for the USMNT a year ahead of the WC

First, I don't think Landon touched the ball there. Shea was onside when Bedoya served the ball. Landon's accidental dummy left the ball going through and into the net. Shea did well to knock it in just in case. Would have been a shame if the side judge raised his flag there after not giving the PK for the hand ball earlier.

EJ should have put away that chance you mention. Frustrating really.

As you say, good effort. Not the prettiest game, but a solid win against a Panama squad that truly earned their berth in the final.

Best part about this is that the US now has the highest ranking in CONCACAF, which would help their seeding in the WC if they maintain this edge. Need to keep the momentum going through qualifying.

Re: A good win for the USMNT a year ahead of the WC

I was also hoping Will Bruin would get more time on the field, but the experience will only help and I think he will get a chance for some looks over the next few years for the 2018 squad. I know these were largely the "B" teams, but CONCACAF is getting tougher each year. Hopefully Will can help us win the GC in 2015 to avoid a playoff and put on a good show in the Confederations Cup in 2017.

...and yes... Donovan missed the ball... but how many guys can whiff and look as good doing so =)

Go IU! Beat Purdue!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT