ADVERTISEMENT

Welfare

Spartans9312

All-American
Nov 11, 2004

Connection to work improves health outcomes and promotes the dignity of the individual by empowering people to provide for themselves and their families, and to give back to their communities.
Promote work

Connection to work improves health outcomes and promotes the dignity of the individual by empowering people to provide for themselves and their families, and to give back to their communities.
Promote work

Don’t we all think this? I’ve never heard anyone suggest otherwise. That’s why I’m always a little skeptical when I hear the refrain that “nobody wants to work these days”. I simply don’t believe that. It’s much more complex and involves looking at a number of different variables - federal UI, child care, wages, etc.

Don’t we all think this? I’ve never heard anyone suggest otherwise. That’s why I’m always a little skeptical when I hear the refrain that “nobody wants to work these days”. I simply don’t believe that. It’s much more complex and involves looking at a number of different variables - federal UI, child care, wages, etc.

Before bipartisan reform during the '90s, nearly 1 in 7 children were supported by the Aid to Families with Dependent Children program.

"Between 1996 and 2000, TANF receipt by single mothers fell by 53 percent, their employment rate increased by 10 percent, and their poverty rate fell by 20 percent."

This study confirms the council's findings. They also found after programs included work expectations, child outcomes improved.

Reactions: F.Fletch

Before bipartisan reform during the '90s, nearly 1 in 7 children were supported by the Aid to Families with Dependent Children program.

"Between 1996 and 2000, TANF receipt by single mothers fell by 53 percent, their employment rate increased by 10 percent, and their poverty rate fell by 20 percent."

This study confirms the council's findings. They also found after programs included work expectations, child outcomes improved.
So bipartisanship is good for health outcomes. Maybe that’s how we promote it. As a healthcare issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT