ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Jalen

I thought top recruits didn't care about former NBA coaches? Almost as if having that kind of pedigree absolutely matters considering we're pulling top guys from states that we didn't even recruit from before.

Either way it's a good sign to be back pulling guys in that can already do more than one thing well on the court. Welcome to IU Jalen!

I think there are 2 main things that attracted JHS and Tamar. Black HC (2 out of 3 black assistants), and NBA experience. I know people get all weird when race is brought up, but having a black head coach is a huge plus, I know it was pivotal for Tamar.

You gotta know the game and be able to relate to young men. You can fool someone now and then, but it is hard to fake the real thing. I liked the hire and the staff, but knew we hit a jackpot when Woodson went back to a Knicks game. The reaction of his former players showed a close relationship between a coach and the players. Woodson is genuine and you feel it.

Crean was a salesman. Archie was no nonsense and that appealed to recruits like him that were quiet and unemotional.

I'm ready for a roster of players like Moye and Fife.

I think there are 2 main things that attracted JHS and Tamar. Black HC (2 out of 3 black assistants), and NBA experience. I know people get all weird when race is brought up, but having a black head coach is a huge plus, I know it was pivotal for Tamar.
Listened to the Assembly Call this AM and Kenya Hunter was referred to as "MVP of the last 12 months" Can't disagree. Made the transition smoothly.

Reactions: Lucy01
That is an imposing coach and staff....When CMW put this together i forgot all about Brad Stevens. This is the correct hire and i say that before the first game!
It really is and in my haste I left off Kenya Hunter the lead recruiter who carried Jalen through the transition and got Woody involved.

Brad would have been excellent as well had that worked out but once Woody and Thad were intorduced most all were loving it.

Reactions: Lucy01
It's amazing to me that CAM would show up, take the money, and have that bitter beer face virtually every single day on the job. How does that even happen? Nevermind. It's a new day and it's beautiful.
Remember somebody hired him.
Hopefully they have been fired from all decision making.

Reactions: mk23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT