ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Bryan Lanier !!!

Looking forward to watching him out there...
Here are a couple of more articles about him:

Welcome aboard!
He was also named a recipient of the "Bear Bryant Outstanding Non-Scholarship Award" after this years Alabama Spring Practice...

We also shouldn't forget that we have an "inside man" or two when it comes to verifying his measurables and work ethic (not to mention having seen him live this Spring going against 1st team probable National Championship talent...)...

How in tbe world did IU even find Lanier? I wonder why he decided to forgo a scholarship offer and instead walk-on at Bama?
And, what made them pursue a guy who walked on at Bama? They had to be aware of him previously?

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
How in tbe world did IU even find Lanier? I wonder why he decided to forgo a scholarship offer and instead walk-on at Bama?
And, what made them pursue a guy who walked on at Bama? They had to be aware of him previously?
I believe our former strength coach Ballou, now the strength coach at Bama, was the connection.

I believe our former strength coach Ballou, now the strength coach at Bama, was the connection.

This is the correct answer.

We've got another kid, Kaine Williams, a safety, that is suppose to come for a visit next weekend from Bama. He's visiting Nebraska this weekend that everyone is worried about as our main comp. I'd he doesn't commit this weekend to them after his visit, we’ve got a chance with him as well.

This is the correct answer.

We've got another kid, Kaine Williams, a safety, that is suppose to come for a visit next weekend from Bama. He's visiting Nebraska this weekend that everyone is worried about as our main comp. I'd he doesn't commit this weekend to them after his visit, we’ve got a chance with him as well.

Looks like Nebraska has the inside track connections wise but we appear to offering a clearer path to early playing time... Then there's the pay for play factor... Nebraska appears to be throwing some serious $$$$$ around towards the Transfer Portal... 😖

Reactions: vesuvius13
Looks like Nebraska has the inside track connections wise but we appear to offering a clearer path to early playing time... Then there's the pay for play factor... Nebraska appears to be throwing some serious $$$$$ around towards the Transfer Portal... 😖

Nebraska had a crazy football fan base. I read they had something like 55k at their spring game.

They are gonna be major players in the NIL market.

Welp, people were right to worry

• Sad
Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
We appear to still have two scholarships left to give... Any chance at bringing in another OL, along with our ILB's brother who bolted from K-State?

Possible.

Jennings would be a guess. Could be another lineman. Could be another player in the secondary. I almost think it's a best player available deal.

We’ll crap -was hoping he would visit and compare - oh well- hope we get Jennings - worth a shot - then who knows who might fall to us for the last spot.

Sure about that? He was a walk on at bama and his offers were not P5 and I thought IU was out of initial counters for the year with 21 signed and 12 transfers (that would be 1 over with the 7 bonus counters so assumed one of the transfers was a walk-on or one of the commits a blue or green shirt).

Sure about that? He was a walk on at bama and his offers were not P5 and I thought IU was out of initial counters for the year with 21 signed and 12 transfers (that would be 1 over with the 7 bonus counters so assumed one of the transfers was a walk-on or one of the commits a blue or green shirt).
Sweet username.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Sweet username.
You'd think he'd have other things to worry about... Like having his #1 receiver flunk out while pursuing Sociology major (that's Really Ultra hard to do) ..., or having his head coach flirt with Louisville again to troll for another raise..., or having the guy who turned their OL around retire..., or the one guy (Lambert) who actually knew how to run a defense moving to Wake Forest among other things...; but here he is worrying about our scholarship #'s...

Only a p u fan... 🙄

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT