ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Ambassador Rodman!

iubud

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2003
Just kidding! I did just see that Dennis Rodman was expected to arrive for the Trump/Un summit. Rodman was on The Apprentice. He is also a friend of Un. It is a crazy world. What if Rodman goes down in history as the person that helped end the Korean War? Crazy! What unlikely predictions might you have? I chose a football theme.

President Peyton Manning
Secretary of State Tony Dungy
CIA Director Bill Bellichick
Director of Homeland Security Jim Irsay (Okay, I admit isn't going to happen. He would be better working with ICE)

34618104_1963632337016778_8108474208431898624_n.jpg

Just kidding! I did just see that Dennis Rodman was expected to arrive for the Trump/Un summit. Rodman was on The Apprentice. He is also a friend of Un. It is a crazy world. What if Rodman goes down in history as the person that helped end the Korean War? Crazy! What unlikely predictions might you have? I chose a football theme.

President Peyton Manning
Director of Homeland Security Jim Irsay (Okay, I admit isn't going to happen. He would be better working with ICE)
*Kim

President Peyton Manning
He and Charles Barkley were the best rebounders for their size. But I would want them to stick to basketball and get out of politics.

Rodman isn't briefed by the State Department, the CIA, and National Security professionals. He knows only what Kim wants him to know.
Neither is Trump. He famously refuses to read his briefings and as he bragged did little to nothingnto prepare. It's all about attitude. Lol

Rodman isn't briefed by the State Department, the CIA, and National Security professionals. He knows only what Kim wants him to know.
And you think Trump pays any attention? Even multiple Republicans yesterday made mention that Trump does not understand the history with NK. This includes the reason for why we conduct military exercises. He operates at a one dimensional transactional level only.

And you think Trump pays any attention? Even multiple Republicans yesterday made mention that Trump does not understand the history with NK. This includes the reason for why we conduct military exercises. He operates at a one dimensional transactional level only.
Of course he understands the problem. Is he supposed to do nothing just because past efforts haven't worked? That is the thinking that makes our politicians feckless and just trying to do enough to get re-elected. We have 3 hostages home and no new rockets have been launched recently. Unlike the Iran deal, we haven't given up anything to get this. If you have to pay someone to change their ways, it is very likely they will return to their earlier activity as soon as they have reaped all the benefits.

Trump (and every clear thinking person in the world) sees what hardship NK is under. They had to borrow a plane to get to Singapore. They had no credit to pay for their lodging, and Un has seen the nice things South Korea, China, and Singapore has. Someone has explained if he gives up his nukes, sanctions will be lifted. Trade and more prosperity will come to his country. Being a dictator, he understands that means more money he can steal from his people and prestige for him.

Maybe that isn't the best reason for him to get rid of his nukes, but it puts the world and his people in a better place than they would otherwise be. Will it be successful? Let's wait and see. Clinton, Bush, and Obama didn't solve the issue. There is at least a chance now and again, we have given up nothing. Instead of a handout now, NK will get its reward from long term security and a better standard of living.

You can continue to hope this fails. I hope it is successful and we can start working on a plan that makes Iran want to give up their nukes and supporting terrorism. Again, paying people to behave and delaying action is a way for politicians to kick the can down the road for someone else to deal with. Trump wasn't my first, second, or third choice for President, but I support him now and hope he continues to make Democrats and Republican politicians nervous.

He and Charles Barkley were the best rebounders for their size. But I would want them to stick to basketball and get out of politics.
You realize that the current president of the United States is a game show host/professional celebrity, right?

Reactions: IU40IU
Of course he understands the problem. Is he supposed to do nothing just because past efforts haven't worked? That is the thinking that makes our politicians feckless and just trying to do enough to get re-elected. We have 3 hostages home and no new rockets have been launched recently. Unlike the Iran deal, we haven't given up anything to get this. If you have to pay someone to change their ways, it is very likely they will return to their earlier activity as soon as they have reaped all the benefits.

Trump (and every clear thinking person in the world) sees what hardship NK is under. They had to borrow a plane to get to Singapore. They had no credit to pay for their lodging, and Un has seen the nice things South Korea, China, and Singapore has. Someone has explained if he gives up his nukes, sanctions will be lifted. Trade and more prosperity will come to his country. Being a dictator, he understands that means more money he can steal from his people and prestige for him.

Maybe that isn't the best reason for him to get rid of his nukes, but it puts the world and his people in a better place than they would otherwise be. Will it be successful? Let's wait and see. Clinton, Bush, and Obama didn't solve the issue. There is at least a chance now and again, we have given up nothing. Instead of a handout now, NK will get its reward from long term security and a better standard of living.

You can continue to hope this fails. I hope it is successful and we can start working on a plan that makes Iran want to give up their nukes and supporting terrorism. Again, paying people to behave and delaying action is a way for politicians to kick the can down the road for someone else to deal with. Trump wasn't my first, second, or third choice for President, but I support him now and hope he continues to make Democrats and Republican politicians nervous.
Make them nervous...why? He’s an idiot.

He didn’t get anything. He saluted and said he was honored to meet a murderous dictator. People cried when President Obama followed custom and bowed. He killed the Iran deal and so far has nothing from Korea. Likely, he just wants to build a hotel there and bilk some more money. You proud of the lawsuit filed against his whole corrupt family yesterday? His campaign manager going to jail today? It warm your heart to see crying children pulled away from their parents? Be proud of supporting a corrupt, inept man.,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT