ADVERTISEMENT

Weather Saturday

The only issue with the rain is then the humidity will probably be higher so that could make for a hard day on the field so hopefully we don't run into many cramping issues.

We're planning to get there around 1pm so hope the main rain is through by then.

I'm seeing best chances for rain between noon and 5pm unfortunately. Probably going to cancel the tailgate plans if that sticks. Hopefully it'll change.
I wouldn’t cancel it. I’m going to nicks first. Taking my kids and meeting up with my brother.

National Weather Service Updated Weather Forecast:

(Pretty close to the original above with just a touch more detail)

Hopefully we'll get a break and be in an unaffected area..., or even better, the whole system speeds up and moves to the east by Kickoff...

Currently cloudy/overcast, relatively cool, nothing looks threatening.

If the lack of people and buzz in town is any indication, I'm assuming it will be a poor crowd.

Currently cloudy/overcast, relatively cool, nothing looks threatening.

If the lack of people and buzz in town is any indication, I'm assuming it will be a poor crowd.

May be a decent crowd if people use their tickets.

“IU has issued 44,000 tickets for the team's season-opener against FIU as of Thursday night, according to athletic director Scott Dolson.

That's a sharp increase from where that number was at comparable times in recent seasons. Dolson said the department had issued around 36,000 tickets during the week of the game in 2022 and 2023.”

Link

In our seats now. Deceptively hot 79 degrees. Hope the boys are hydrated. Muggy AF.

A couple observations from inside the stadium:

The tv’s are the same 32” 1990 Sanyo’s = 👎

They have placed matching white shirts on all the setbacks in the student section to try and promote color coordination. Hey, glad they are trying = 👍

The self service kiosks with beer, soft drinks, pizza, popcorn, hotdogs, pulled pork is a good idea. Card only and you walk up to a station where you set you items on reader and it’s done in 30 seconds. 👍

The bison emblem is being sold on shirts at the apparel stations and displayed at both endzones on the sign ribbon 👍

Much better selection of food items 👍

Btown Blvd was really just a glorified tent area with a local band. But they did have a large screen showing other football games, which was a plus😑

A couple observations from inside the stadium:

The tv’s are the same 32” 1990 Sanyo’s = 👎

They have placed matching white shirts on all the setbacks in the student section to try and promote color coordination. Hey, glad they are trying = 👍

The self service kiosks with beer, soft drinks, pizza, popcorn, hotdogs, pulled pork is a good idea. Card only and you walk up to a station where you set you items on reader and it’s done in 30 seconds. 👍

The bison emblem is being sold on shirts at the apparel stations and displayed at both endzones on the sign ribbon 👍

Much better selection of food items 👍

Btown Blvd was really just a glorified tent area with a local band. But they did have a large screen showing other football games, which was a plus😑
Additionally, students out in force. Rest of the stadium very thin. 25 til kickoff.

And the student section shirts say Cignetti with the rip off Marlboro logo. So they either licensed it or are doing some blatant IP infringing.

I talked to some online who said the heat was a deterrent to them going to the game.
I can’t say they made a bad decision. It was HOT in the sun.

And just about ALL the students left at half but I’m giving them a pass because it was so hot and they were so densely packed in there

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT