Weather Saturday

National Weather Service currently says:

Temp at 7:00 pm - 41
Wind chill at 7:00 pm - 35

Temp at 10:00 pm - 35
Wind chill at 10:00 pm - 29

Precipitation chance - 0% throughout

Plan accordingly

Well..., you can always put more clothes on but you can only take so much off...;)

I'll take cold weather but over hot any day, plus the missus likes to cuddle when it drops below 40...

Layer up, buy some hot chocolate and enjoy a beautiful evening...

The best part is there's no mad rush to get down there... Arrive by 1 or 2 in B-town and you literally have time to do anything your heart desires prior to Kickoff and still catch the entire game...

What's not to like...

Plus, the leaves colors are close to peaking.

It's going to be a Beautiful day and evening both literally and figuratively..:D

Well..., you can always put more clothes on but you can only take so much off...;)

I'll take cold weather but over hot any day, plus the missus likes to cuddle when it drops below 40...

The best part is there's no mad rush to get down there... Arrive by 1 or 2 in B-town and you literally have time to do anything your heart desires prior to Kickoff and still catch the entire game...

What's not to like...

It's going to be a Beautiful day and evening both literally and figuratively..:D
Great post. 7:00 is a perfect time for a kickoff (with national, primetime TV exposure) and looks like perfect weather conditions for an early November evening. Go Hoosiers!!

Reactions: 76-1 and CC Mac
The wind is supposed to die down considerably by Saturday.
I was at the Michigan game in 87, it was brutal but we all survived lol.
Funny side story in that game.
I had a coat on that had a red lining in it.
When we got back to the car I took the jacket off and my clothes were all red from the red in the lining getting soaked.
I had throw them away when we got home but man it was a fun game.
We snuck in a 6 pack of beer which helped as well haha.

What's not to like...

Hot is uncomfortable, cold hurts.

When we got back to the car I took the jacket off and my clothes were all red from the red in the lining getting soaked.
I was at that game as well. Miserable conditions, but great outcome.

Precipitation and wind are the only things that bother me at games. I've been to NFL playoff games in January where I've been perfectly comfortable in 25 degree weather. I've also been to games in rain and/or wind at 45 degrees where I've frozen my ass off. Saturday's conditions should be fine with some layers, a hat and gloves.

The key to staying warm is your base layer (long underwear). You keep that thin layer of warm air next to your body and you can add and subtract layers as needed.

The next most important item is a hat. I've read various percentages over the years so without citing a specific number let's just say it's known that you lose a key portion of your body heat through your head area...

The next key is some sort of oversized windbreaker.... As already noted above, wind can turn a mild 40 degrees into a mind numbing wind chill...

Throw those 3 things on (or in your kit) along with a pair of gloves, and the rest of your normal winter wear will see you through.

Reactions: grammy2
Great story. Mine is that my wife and her whole family attended UM so I bought 8 additional tickets and invited them all down to see UM play. It was one of the best days of my life. None of them would even talk to me the rest of that day!

Reactions: RBB89 and CC Mac
Great story. Mine is that my wife and her whole family attended UM so I bought 8 additional tickets and invited them all down to see UM play. It was one of the best days of my life. None of them would even talk to me the rest of that day!
Haha,that’s awesome.I took a buddy with me,no way my wife was gonna go.
It was the first game he had ever been to.
To this day he brings it every so often about how much fun we had.

Reactions: Walt542 and RBB89
Here's the game day rules: https://tickets.iuhoosiers.com/sports/2018/6/22/memorial-stadium-policies.aspx?id=10

The last thing you need to do to stay comfortable is either rent a stadium seat OR bring in one of those small seat pads (which I thought they didn't allow anymore but I couldn't find that prohibition in the rules above).

We usually buy the seatback so it's not an issue for us...

The point here is that you want something between you and that aluminum in cold weather otherwise it'll suck the heat right out of you...

Invest in a seatback or bring a pad, you'll be glad you did.

Reactions: CC Mac
Here's the game day rules: https://tickets.iuhoosiers.com/sports/2018/6/22/memorial-stadium-policies.aspx?id=10

The last thing you need to do to stay comfortable is either rent a stadium seat OR bring in one of those small seat pads (which I thought they didn't allow anymore but I couldn't find that prohibition in the rules above).

The point here is that you want something between you and that aluminum in cold weather otherwise it'll suck the heat right out of you...

I've seen folks with seat pads here and there, but they are supposedly not allowed. Can use a blanket for that purpose though.

"""""""""

Prohibited Items
The following items are not permitted in Memorial Stadium: outside food and beverages, umbrellas, cans or glass bottles, banners and signs, noisemakers, radios (without ear phones), seat cushions of any kind, and televisions. Neither lockers nor check-in facilities are available at Memorial Stadium. Seatbacks are available for game day rental to fans on both the east and west concourse levels of Memorial Stadium. The rate for a rental is $10.

Seat cushions are listed in “prohibited items” section.

stadium seats are bad news. If you ever tried to sit behind someone who has one it's worse that being on an airplane seat. You can't move your knees.

Thanks guys. It's embarrassing that I missed that... Guess I just only scrolled down to just above it...

At any rate, mubell's blanket Idea works just as well... Although I'd be very tempted to go the little civil disobedience route if I wanted a pad versus a blanket or a seat back... It would be pretty easy to cut one down to butt size and roll them inside your coat bicep area...

Thanks guys. It's embarrassing that I missed that... Guess I just only scrolled down to just above it...

At any rate, mubell's blanket Idea works just as well... Although I'd be very tempted to go the little civil disobedience route if I wanted a pad versus a blanket or a seat back... It would be pretty easy to cut one down to butt size and roll them inside your coat bicep area...

My wife and I work for event services. I always feel bad when someone shows up with a seat cushion and they're made to leave it at the entrance.

Reactions: 76-1 and CC Mac

What's not to like...

i'll take hot over cold every time. when i left indiana 40 years ago and headed south, the only thing i didn't miss were the winters.

Reactions: WannaBeSurfer
Vernon Payne. An excellent guard for the basketball Hoosiers back in the day .....

From Michigan City as I am. I was only seven years old but, I used to sit and listen to IU games with my dad. My wife went to Western Michigan and he was the head coach there.

Reactions: 76-1
Snowing in Bloomington currently. :D
Yeah, the wife and I drove to B-town today through a wet snow squall. Let me tell you this- I am so-o-o-o done with October.

I say if it's like this on Saturday night, break out the Tom and Jerry's and let's have us a Hoosier Hoedown in B-town! If we're going to freeze our asses watching an IU victory, we might as well get silly doing it.

You can get the setbacks there at the game? I haven't seen them at that stadium. If they are, I guess I haven't paid much attention to them.

Vernon Payne. An excellent guard for the basketball Hoosiers back in the day .....
Vern Payne, a 5-10" G, graduated in 1968 as the leading scorer at 14+/game. He was second in team scoring his sophomore and junior years at 14+ and 15+/game, respectably. I was in high school during his time at IU so I remember seeing him play.

I've seen folks with seat pads here and there, but they are supposedly not allowed. Can use a blanket for that purpose though.

"""""""""

Prohibited Items
The following items are not permitted in Memorial Stadium: outside food and beverages, umbrellas, cans or glass bottles, banners and signs, noisemakers, radios (without ear phones), seat cushions of any kind, and televisions. Neither lockers nor check-in facilities are available at Memorial Stadium. Seatbacks are available for game day rental to fans on both the east and west concourse levels of Memorial Stadium. The rate for a rental is $10.

What's the deal with seat cushions? I've got an IU blanket that folds into a seat cushion sized zippered pouch that I bought at the stadium in 2007. Wonder if that's still allowed?

I forget which game I bought it for. Pretty sure it was Penn State - which we should have won, BTW.

You can get the setbacks there at the game? I haven't seen them at that stadium. If they are, I guess I haven't paid much attention to them.
There is a window in a block building in the southwest corner of the stadium where you can rent them. They usually have some at a kiosk just outside of that building as well.

Reactions: Hoosiersfan2018
The good news is that the National Weather Service seems to be solidly in the Dry-No Precipitation corner...

Just checked at 9:30 pm on Thursday...

Disagree with this. I use them and the people in front of us have them. We are all comfortable.
Good for you! Maybe yours were fitted on the bench differently. Even so I'm not commenting on the chairs to the people in front of me. I have sat in two locations and both seats were very wobbly. The guy next me moved his 25 yr season tickets because of it. The real problem is those aluminum benches. Hot in September, cold in Oct/Nov. and uncomfortable. They should be replaced with high impact plastic that is crimson color. I would like to see them as individual seats in the stadium.

Reactions: DANC
Good for you! Maybe yours were fitted on the bench differently. Even so I'm not commenting on the chairs to the people in front of me. I have sat in two locations and both seats were very wobbly. The guy next me moved his 25 yr season tickets because of it. The real problem is those aluminum benches. Hot in September, cold in Oct/Nov. and uncomfortable. They should be replaced with high impact plastic that is crimson color. I would like to see them as individual seats in the stadium.
Yeah, that would be nice. I love the idea of crimson seats in there. I wonder what that would cost?

I recently went to a volleyball game in the new Wilkinson building. They put crimson colored chairs in the lower half of that facility. They are the most uncomfortable seats I’ve ever sat in. They would have to do a lot better than those!

They should be replaced with high impact plastic that is crimson color. I would like to see them as individual seats in the stadium.
In short time, the sun would eat those things alive. Can you imagine the expense of replacing 55,000 plastic...excuse me, acrylic seats? (One can charge more for acrylic than plastic.) In time, our star will eat virtually everything alive and dead, it's been said, but let's take one game at a time.

In short time, the sun would eat those things alive. Can you imagine the expense of replacing 55,000 plastic...excuse me, acrylic seats? (One can charge more for acrylic than plastic.) In time, our star will eat virtually everything alive and dead, it's been said, but let's take one game at a time.
You might be right about that, but there are seats in the NEZ that are red in color so whatever material they are using for those then duplicate to the rest of the stadium.

Nothing now but blue sky and sunshine in the county next door. The leaves are still pretty so the campus should be seen decked in brilliant hues of red, orange and gold. Saturday will be a nice day to linger on campus, taking a walk through and around Dunn's Woods, through the Sample Gates for a strom, o-rings and beer, glass jar served by a cute coed that thinks you're pretty cute, too. What's not to like about that weather!

You might be right about that, but there are seats in the NEZ that are red in color so whatever material they are using for those then duplicate to the rest of the stadium.
Hell, if nothing else, paint the aluminum benches alternating red and white for "the candy-striped stadium" look. Let's brand this thing to the max, Fred!

Reactions: mobilehoosier
I've heard Fisch tell the story that we had the wind in the 3rd. When the 4th quarter started, the wind changed 180 degrees.

I've heard Fisch tell the story that we had the wind in the 3rd. When the 4th quarter started, the wind changed 180 degrees.
It did exactly that and it poured almost the whole game.
If I remember right it was a late afternoon game and I think at that time we only had temporary lighting for tv and it was dark.
I may be wrong about the temporary lighting,not sure when the permanent were put in but I just remember it was not very bright.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT