ADVERTISEMENT

We will WAX Purdue

In all seriousness I’m pretty excited with how the first 2 weeks have gone! If you would have told me Purdue and IU would be leading their respective divisions after 2 weeks I would have called you crazy

edit: it would be incredible to keep both rolling until December 12th

Reactions: vesuvius13
In all seriousness I’m pretty excited with how the first 2 weeks have gone! If you would have told me Purdue and IU would be leading their respective divisions after 2 weeks I would have called you crazy

edit: it would be incredible to keep both rolling until December 12th
I think about any team in the West could conceivably win the division: Delany must have been senile towards the end. Good riddance.

Reactions: 76-1
Some good stuff here!

Both IU and Purdue have reason to be bullish. Much tougher next week for both.
Watching OSU, I still think they are the benchmark for the conference.
Question: is “Lifetimebooler” a complete misspelling?

I think there is supposed to be an “i” in there?

Starting RB didn’t play at all either.

llinois was lucky the game was as close as it was. Officiating kept them close.

I saw the highlights. PU barely survived against a terrible Ill team before they lost seven starters and third string QB. Lawrence North would have beaten Ill today by 17.

Reactions: 76-1
It would be nice to not have to play PSU, UM, or OSU.
It's a phony look and they deserve an asterisk next to whatever they do. That asterisk should really go next to any Big Ten West team, it's that phony.....

In other words they were only missing Moore at the start unlike Illinois
Not exactly. The LG, RB, and safety didnt start today. The RB and safety haven't played yet this year.

Thats part of the issue on offense. There are holes, but Zander isn't quick enough to get there. Dorue is probably quick enough to hit some of those holes. Getting him back should be a big addition to the offense.

You all do realize IU and PU are both two and zero right? Read this thread. Two groups bitching like little kids when both should be congratulated and complimented. Enjoy this ladies and gentlemen. We’re both pretty good. Let’s make the bucket a championship game. Let’s have some fun with each other.
P. S. Indiana is clearly superior in every way. Just ask my chem-e boiler sister. Huge grin!
Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: ESalum86
One game at a time , my friend. Next up.... Michigan. Let’s not even worry about PU.... for now.

Exactly what I just began thinking! It's Sunday, we got out of Rutgers (they're playing hard enough that I've given them their "s") intact, now we need to turn our attention to another of the big cats on the schedule: Michigan...

Hyperbole game is strong tonight. Thankfully we have the best WR in college football.

Bell is one of the best IMO. It will be interesting to see if he can carry PU to Indy as you imply. The schedule is certainly very favorable particularly if Wisky can't play.

Both IU's and Purdue's offenses seem pretty good. Your guys' defense is definitely better at the moment.

I seriously doubt you guys will "wax" us. You perhaps may win but I expect another close game; likely decided by 7pts or less.

Both IU's and Purdue's offenses seem pretty good. Your guys' defense is definitely better at the moment.

I seriously doubt you guys will "wax" us. You perhaps may win but I expect another close game; likely decided by 7pts or less.

The game (assuming it is played) will be closer than it is on paper. Just look at the last year... IU won't "wax" PU.

Reactions: Jssanto
It's a phony look and they deserve an asterisk next to whatever they do. That asterisk should really go next to any Big Ten West team, it's that phony.....
I agree the divisions should have been done differently but remember:
1. These are the people that gave us Legends and Leaders
2. Also a positive Covid leads to 21 day quarantine. 11 days in SEC.
3. Delayed season when other conferences handled it.
But also remember “you have to play the hand you’re dealt.

It is way way too early to talk about waxing anyone, especially a team that is playing well enough to be 2-0 and is last on the schedule. Why even go there? Geez.

Reactions: ESalum86
Not exactly. The LG, RB, and safety didnt start today. The RB and safety haven't played yet this year.

Thats part of the issue on offense. There are holes, but Zander isn't quick enough to get there. Dorue is probably quick enough to hit some of those holes. Getting him back should be a big addition to the offense.
If players are out and haven't even played this year then they aren't starters, heck they're not even playing at all. EVERY team has guys who are in this situation including IU (probably our best LB) and it happens every year. And even if you don't accept this you must consider the opposing team who is in the same situation with their injured players. And finally who's to say some of those players would have gotten beat out as #1 on depth chart? I'm going to bet you don't even know the Illinois players who were out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT