ADVERTISEMENT

We should smoke Marquette.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
How are they #17? All they have is Howard. The rest of their roster is pitiful and their coach is Tom Crean level. I expect the Hoosiers to dominate that Scrimmage.

This probably should be looked at positively considering who was held out right? If I were you guys I'd be happy about the game being that close with those two out and that Franklin was able to score that well.

Per Jabjohns:

Franklin 14
Durham 11
Brunk 11
TJD 11
Smith 9
Hunter 7

Franklin only guard the last 9 minutes. Score was tied at 66 at under 1 minute.

Reactions: kkott
Good to see from Franklin. I see he had 7 fouls in 29 min. Who played alongside Franklin in backcourt during last 9 minutes. Hunter?

Nineteen missed free throws. Unreal. This is on Archie.
How so? Archie must have run an effective offense that got them to the foul line for 43 free throws. I think RMK would happy with that. Now what is your suggestion on how to shoot free throws? Have each player shoot 500 free throws per day? Change each player's shooting form? Whatever, be sure to let Archie know about your free throw insights.

Reactions: shady910
Damezi and Race - 54+ min...14 rebounds.

Damezi and Race - 54+ min...3 points.

Yup went to the line 43 times. That's good, but we need to hit more than 24 of them.

Agree. The game was lost at the free throw line. Outshot by 13, but IU got to the line....and missed.

7 fouls and 3 turnovers for Franklin. I wouldn't read much into the scoring aspect but I'm glad he will be a player for the Hoosiers this season. Really good that he was put on AA candidate Howard to defend.

A little bit of Knightism here-

I would run the hell out of Anderson for missing all of his free throws and tell him he can either hit free throws or transfer. That is being honest with him in terms of what IU needs. He will end up 11th if he shoots poorly at the line and if he is 11th IU will not need him next season. Time to light a fire under that kid.

7 boards and 2 steals are good, but still need to push him hard to get better. He has the size and athleticism to be an all-league level guard if he is pushed to be his best.

Last edited:
The Negative Nancy Whine and Troll Club throws a party over a loss in a meaningless scrimmage! ;)

There are always various signs and signals. Davis played low minutes and Brunk started. That tells me Davis is likely back up again this year.

My prediction would have been accurate if our Starting backcourt would have played. Green would have lit that team up.

Reactions: RRgo
I'd say not bad..Gaurds are everything in today's game ..
Yeah F.T. suck...But prepare yourself for that all year..Might shoot 72% for three games..Then shoot 47% for four..
Waaaaay to early to flip
We'll know what we have from that stretch from Dec 3rd to the 29 th..
Before the brunt of the conference starts.

There are always various signs and signals. Davis played low minutes and Brunk started. That tells me Davis is likely back up again this year.
More likely trying to keep Davis healthy. No reason to push him for a scrimmage. Hope he lost a few Lbs to help keep him healthy. He’s a big dude.

More likely trying to keep Davis healthy. No reason to push him for a scrimmage. Hope he lost a few Lbs to help keep him healthy. He’s a big dude.

Possibly, yes. But not starting? I think he would start if he is going to start at center. He is a senior. We will find out soon.

Not worried about Davis. And a scrimmage isn’t really something to hang our hat on.

Will Franklin average 14 pts a game?

Will TJD average 1 rebound a game?

Bigger picture here.

That is an interesting take but using the term "likely" is erroneous IMO. It is just as likely that Archie knows what he has in Davis so why not play the new player to see what he brings to the table. Archie did hold out the two starting guards and I have not seen any information that they were injured.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT