ADVERTISEMENT

We need a brand

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
As chintzy and reactionary as it was, you have to admit the Make America Great Again slogan on the red hats was a marketing/branding triumph. And the shortened MAGA became the logo for Trumpism. It got so that anyone wanting to signal their support just had to wear a red hat of the correct hue -- the text wasn't even necessary.

We need something like that to rally around and let people know who we are and make it okay to take a stand on the side of right, no matter how muted it might be. There are a lot of Kelley guys here, no doubt some who have been successful in the marketing/branding game.

Whattaya got?

Me, I got nothin'. But I'm not good at this kind of thing. Especially when something that might appeal to me wouldn't appeal to the masses.

As chintzy and reactionary as it was, you have to admit the Make America Great Again slogan on the red hats was a marketing/branding triumph. And the shortened MAGA became the logo for Trumpism. It got so that anyone wanting to signal their support just had to wear a red hat of the correct hue -- the text wasn't even necessary.

We need something like that to rally around and let people know who we are and make it okay to take a stand on the side of right, no matter how muted it might be. There are a lot of Kelley guys here, no doubt some who have been successful in the marketing/branding game.

Whattaya got?

Me, I got nothin'. But I'm not good at this kind of thing. Especially when something that might appeal to me wouldn't appeal to the masses.
Oh, I don't know. This slogan was effective wasn't it?

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

“From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs”

Really rolls off the tongue.

Or stick with:

“Defund the police”

Don't Tread On Us, with multiracial fists. Feeling a bit militant.

The New Yorker suggests a motto with some humor. Humor is something Trump lacked along with poking fun at himself.

Among those suggested my choices were....

A Return to Slightly Less Bad

Actually, Let’s Not Talk About Me at All

The New Yorker suggests a motto with some humor. Humor is something Trump lacked along with poking fun at himself.

Among those suggested my choices were....

A Return to Slightly Less Bad

Actually, Let’s Not Talk About Me at All

Trump was hysterical, you cray.

I like Ike
Camelot
Morning in America
I feel your pain
Compassionate conservatism
Hope and change
Stronger together
Make America great again

Whatever the next one is should be just as devoid of substance and meaning as it’s predecessors.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I like Ike
Camelot
Morning in America
I feel your pain
Compassionate conservatism
Hope and change
Stronger together
Make America great again

Whatever the next one is should be just as devoid of substance and meaning as it’s predecessors.

Building back better.

America First-wait, no that's what the fascist used in the US before WWII. How about just DECENCY that would be the opposite of Trump.

Whattaya got?

MAGA. Make America Great Again. But blue hats. Rudy probably F’d up the trademark app

Y'all started it.
il_fullxfull.1167988293_6dk0.jpg
That's actually a good example of the kind of thing I'm talking about. A symbol that represents what we want to be moving forward.

Feel free to insert "You want to be a pussy?", but I'm being serious.

Trump was hysterical, you cray.
'
HDG, think you are on to something.

What is a hysterical personality?

A personality disorder marked by immaturity, dependence, self-centeredness, and vanity, with a craving for attention, activity, or excitement, and behavior that is markedly unstable or manipulative.

'
HDG, think you are on to something.

What is a hysterical personality?

A personality disorder marked by immaturity, dependence, self-centeredness, and vanity, with a craving for attention, activity, or excitement, and behavior that is markedly unstable or manipulative.
Both histrionic pd and narcissistic pd

Reactions: larsIU
Both histrionic pd and narcissistic pd
I am going to miss the comedy though I suspect Biden’s senior moments will provide some filler. Not as sharp edged mind you but funny all the same.

SNL needs somebody other then Jim Carrey though

I am going to miss the comedy though I suspect Biden’s senior moments will provide some filler. Not as sharp edged mind you but funny all the same.

SNL needs somebody other then Jim Carrey though
oh yeah but biden's seems more in a good-hearted way. i am with you a thousand percent. the comedy has been first rate. i'll greatly miss the highlights of his press conferences. i love when he'll pick a reporter and you can only see him and in advance of the question he'll go "Oh here we go." screaming laughing. it's been comedy. that turned to a tragedy

Whattaya got?

Outsource your jobs?

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I like Warnock's "Put Your Shoes On. Be ready."

Or my dad's favorite advice: "Just keep breathing."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT