ADVERTISEMENT

We might land Romeo Langford (link)

So could we please use this for actual discussions about Romeo and maybe IU recruiting and the other thread for IU vs UK and such?

From this article it sounds like we stand a fair chance. Good news! http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/04/19/miller-schilling-meet-with-five-star-guard-romeo-langford/
of course we stand a chance, but so do 10 other schools..it's way too early to tell anything. However, I do believe we have a better chance now that crean is out of the picture

Not having Crean as the head coach will make a big difference in Romeo's decision making weather to attend IU or not. Rumors in New Albany were that they liked IU and the staff but were not big fans of Creans coaching style. It's also no secret that his parents want him closer to home than the state of North Carolina.

of course we stand a chance, but so do 10 other schools..it's way too early to tell anything. However, I do believe we have a better chance now that crean is out of the picture
I thought I saw something where he had narrowed his list down to IU, UL, UK, and Duke but I could be mistaken. If its just those 4 then I think we have a great shot as I heard he wants to stay close to home and UL has a possible sanctions looming. I honestly give us the slight edge at this point but who knows.

I thought I saw something where he had narrowed his list down to IU, UL, UK, and Duke but I could be mistaken. If its just those 4 then I think we have a great shot as I heard he wants to stay close to home and UL has a possible sanctions looming. I honestly give us the slight edge at this point but who knows.
The most recent articles and quotes from his coach indicate nobody has really been eliminated from consideration. I agree with those that say Miller has a better chance than Crean did. I would hope that is the case with every recruit.

On the front page they had a article predicting where the top players from the 2018 class. The had 4 recruiting guys and 3 picked Duke and one picked IU for Romeo.

why would that give us a great shot if we are against those schools? I read he was a Duke lean and I'll continue to believe that until I read otherwise. I thought Wilkes wanted to stay close to home too...I take that as just something that is said to appease the local schools...

why would that give us a great shot if we are against those schools? I read he was a Duke lean and I'll continue to believe that until I read otherwise. I thought Wilkes wanted to stay close to home too...I take that as just something that is said to appease the local schools...
We will just have to see. Just everything that I'm hearing is that he and his family wants to stay close to home. I have heard he is a big Duke fan so if he does leave home then it will most likely be Duke.

I don't expect AM to be able to reel in a 5 star, so late in the game. To me, it's encouraging enough that they've opened the door and it's obvious our coach is taking the right approach to get the opportunity and from his coach's comments. I've been extremely impressed with the steps and activity CAM has undertaken since coming on board. It's easy to "win the press conference" but he's doing what he needs to do in a systematic and expeditious way. I love the focus he's placing on recruiting these IN guys and reaching out to the HS coaches. Also, making a priority to get all players back on board, then meeting with recruits. He's doing all the right stuff in my book. Excellent start CAM!

Last edited:

He will most likely stay loyal to Adidas, so we do have a great shot. His father loved Crean btw...

Reactions: Kentucky31
Romeo will be a all-time great if he came to IU, his family and friends could go watch him play, and he would wrap up one of the great careers in Indiana history as a Indiana High School state champion, a McDonald's All-American, Indiana Mr. Basketball, and NCAA All-American at IU while leading the national resurgence of IU under one of the hottest young coaches in the country. Romeo would look great in Indiana Adidas Candy Stripes. That's a Sports Illustrated Cover.

Source?
Cant imagine we stood a chance getting him under Crean
When Cream was let go, Romeos dad said he didn't know how that was gonna effect his son's decision because they thought a lot of Coach Crean.....you Google it. I know he said it....

When Cream was let go, Romeos dad said he didn't know how that was gonna effect his son's decision because they thought a lot of Coach Crean.....you Google it. I know he said it....
ha! yea--go google it!! seriously? you quote someone and are too lazy to find it yourself...I'm not saying he did or didn't say that, but I love the go google!! classic

We will just have to see. Just everything that I'm hearing is that he and his family wants to stay close to home. I have heard he is a big Duke fan so if he does leave home then it will most likely be Duke.
What I've heard as well, I'm guessing U of L for him after NCAA announces 9 game suspension for Pitino next year but no further sanctions.

Pitino should be let go by Louisville but will likely get several games suspension. They should limit Louisville's scholarships as well for their prostitution ring.

Reactions: ulrey and cryano

Even if they didn't like Crean they're not going to say something bad publicly for no reason when he might pop up at some other school or NBA team as an assistant at some point.

Source?
Cant imagine we stood a chance getting him under Crean

I live in New Albany know people who are close to the program. His father is in full control of his recruitment and always has praised Crean when talking about him. But if you was just looking from the outside then you could tell Romeo would have thrived in his offense. But Romeo probably will thrive in any offense.

I live in New Albany know people who are close to the program. His father is in full control of his recruitment and always has praised Crean when talking about him. But if you was just looking from the outside then you could tell Romeo would have thrived in his offense. But Romeo probably will thrive in any offense.
I was speaking purely based on Creans potential to recruit 'stars' of that caliber...(or lack there of)
Ive Never even seen highlight tapes of him playing.

Last edited:
I live in Kentuckiana and see a lot of him on the news. He is a special player and just scores at will much like Eric Gordon. It's about time we land a top player from the state. Also, I see new coach's arrive at big programs all the time and it generates enthusiasm for the program. I think we might just land this kid!!!

What is the timeline for his decision? Fall or spring? I'd think if IU is an option, he'd like to see how they look before choosing to play for them under Archie. IU is a bit of a unknown with the coaching changing and he knows what UK, Duke and UL have as long their coaches can last 2 more seasons.

What is the timeline for his decision? Fall or spring? I'd think if IU is an option, he'd like to see how they look before choosing to play for them under Archie. IU is a bit of a unknown with the coaching changing and he knows what UK, Duke and UL have as long their coaches can last 2 more seasons.

His father has stated that it could come fall or spring. He has stated that he will be cutting his list in a couple months.

Supposedly Duke leads with Louisville being a realistic 2nd at this point. Being so close to Louisville's campus and close to family will be a major factor in his recruitment. IU has a real shot too. I think it'll be one of those 3

It will likely be one of the 3 you mention IU, Duke, Louisville

How good is Louisville school of business? Romeo already said education will be a factor.

Pitino's prostitute scandal has scarred Louisville as immoral, do anything to get player's to win university and a coaching staff that was either involved in the prostitutuon ring or looked away. It is not where you want to send your son. The NCAA is still investigating the Louisville Prostitution Ring and Pitino has to own responsibility for this NCAA rules violation at the end of the inveatigation. Pitino also had an extra-marital affair and sex in public in a restaurant in Louisville with a waitress and later paid her off. Pitino's demonstration of cheating on his wife and lack of respect for women is not who I would want influencing my son's character.

Last edited:
And who knows how long he Coach K will be there.
Won't Romeo be a 1 and done? K just needs to last 2 years and if he doesn't, keep an open schollie in case romeo has to flip his commitment in April/May like Porter did from UW to Mizzou.

Pitino's prostitute scandal has scarred Louisville as immoral, do anything to get player's to win university and a coaching staff that was either involved in the prostitutuon ring or looked away. It is not where you want to send your son. The NCAA is still investigating the Louisville Prostitution Ring and Pitino has to own responsibility for this NCAA rules violation at the end of the inveatigation. Pitino also had an extra-marital affair and sex in public in a restaurant in Louisville with a waitress and later paid her off. Pitino's demonstration of cheating on his wife and lack of respect for women is not who I would want influencing my son's character.

What really grinds my gears is that Pitino is still bringing in top 10 classes at Louisville!! Seems our current society could care less about his extramarital affairs. Oh well once he retires when HE is ready they'll be able to replace him with another top notch coach.
Pathetic! The rich get richer when you're a blueblood B Ball program

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT