ADVERTISEMENT

we have played 6 real teams, 3 and 3 record

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
none of the 6 would be serious locks for the ncaa tourney, I suppose Wisconsin would have a decent chance, Cuse, St Johns, Notre Dame bubble teams at best, Nebraska and Penn st no way. Thats why people are concerned. Also name me one team of the 6 who you would trade rosters with?

We have to give Woodson a chance, but for those of you spouting he is 10-3 what do you expect, my answer would be a helluva lot more than what I've seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosierific
Not gonna get anywhere with the rainbow and butterfly crowd. Same way every year. Not time to call for firing cmw, but to act like we’re good right now is ignorant. Highly unlikely we make the tourney. Lot of things gonna have to change real fast. No doubt we’ll win some games against good teams, but right now I’d say we’re just gonna lose more than win and that won’t get us in the tourney. 10-10 will prolly get us in, but I don’t see us going 9-8 to finish. 8-12 or 9-11 most likely.

none of the 6 would be serious locks for the ncaa tourney, I suppose Wisconsin would have a decent chance, Cuse, St Johns, Notre Dame bubble teams at best, Nebraska and Penn st no way. Thats why people are concerned. Also name me one team of the 6 who you would trade rosters with?

We have to give Woodson a chance, but for those of you spouting he is 10-3 what do you expect, my answer would be a helluva lot more than what I've seen.

Just wondering, are you the original Kurt Cloverdale from 15+ years ago?

Not reading much "concern" or evaluation. Lot of whining though. Especially like the posts where the person believes the topic is basketball but instead the the word "I" is the most common word used while the person throws a public temper tantrum in an attempt to prove their fanhood. Some really cool stories, bro, about how they feel.

Apparently sports is not entertaining to these people, except as a form of attention seeking looking for an audience that will listen to them about their feelings and how angry they are.

The season just started, let it play out. Then you/we/I have a whole summer to complain. We're not even half way yet ..

No one likes losing, it's bad enough but losing then having to hear and read constant whining by ignorant drunk couch coaches gets even more annoying. The ignorant, the malcontent, and the perpetually disgruntled, always, make everything worse.

Last edited:
Not reading much "concern" or evaluation. Lot of whining though. Especially like the posts where the person believes the topic is basketball but instead the the word "I" is the most common word used as the person throws a public temper tantrum in an attempt to prove their fanhood. Some really cool stories, bro, about how they feel.

Apparently sports is not entertaining to these people, except as a form of attention seeking looking for an audience that will listen to them their feeling.

The season just started, let it play out. Then you/we/I have a whole summer to complain. We're not even half way yet ..

No one likes losing, it's bad enough. Losing then having to hear and read constant whining by ignorant drunk couch coaches gets even more annoying. The ignorant, the malcontent, and the perpetually disgruntled, always, make everything worse.
You should take some of your own advice. All you do is try and call ppl out. That’s also being a whiny bitch, just whining about different things. If you don’t like seeing complain about us losing, maybe go root for a team that doesn’t lose very often. Otherwise, maybe you should quit your whining

For getting a 4/ 5 ☆ ..Really Bates is more of 4 star ..5 star guys immediately avge 12 -16 and are already on draft boards..And getting two transfer's..Then two portal player's. .Plus Duncomb a top 80 kid supposedly....The results so far have been disappointing...Will we get 7 or 8 wins in conference and feel like its dejva all over again... Or 10 and and possibly need a BTT win for the dance ..Time will tell ~

Reactions: bailey777
Not reading much "concern" or evaluation. Lot of whining though. Especially like the posts where the person believes the topic is basketball but instead the the word "I" is the most common word used as the person throws a public temper tantrum in an attempt to prove their fanhood. Some really cool stories, bro, about how they feel.

Apparently sports is not entertaining to these people, except as a form of attention seeking looking for an audience that will listen to them about their feelings and how angry they are.

No one likes losing, it's bad enough. Losing then having to hear and read constant whining by ignorant drunk couch coaches gets even more annoying. The ignorant, the malcontent, and the perpetually disgruntled, always, make everything worse.
how do disgruntled fans make things worse? don't think I have to prove my fandom to anyone, IU basketball is a big part of my life, have probably spent over 30k going to games and big 10 tournaments over the years with a piss poor return on investment, yesterday did push me over the edge to lose to a crap penn st team with virtually no fan base that hasn't played for 3 weeks is inexcusable,

Not reading much "concern" or evaluation. Lot of whining though. Especially like the posts where the person believes the topic is basketball but instead the the word "I" is the most common word used while the person throws a public temper tantrum in an attempt to prove their fanhood. Some really cool stories, bro, about how they feel.

No one likes losing, it's bad enough but losing then having to hear and read constant whining by ignorant drunk couch coaches gets even more annoying. The ignorant, the malcontent, and the perpetually disgruntled, always, make everything worse.

I have a concern that we are not playing up-tempo basketball whatsoever.... which is the only way this team can be any good. We continue to have no guard play worth a shit. I've not seen any player that looks any better than they did last year. Typically you'd see at least someone show something better than what they were previously. Franklin was the only player I've seen make a jump in I don't know how long.... and of course, he's the one who had to leave.

And that's including our star player, who, while very good at what he does....hasn't really shown anything approaching an extension of his skills.

Crean had a lot of issues, but at least during his years we saw some players actually improve, year to year.

All in all, I'm just tired of extremely mediocre (and frankly boring, uncreative) basketball.... year after year, and no development. Same as I'm sure everyone is.

Look at this season this way:

This season is that free play the offense gets when the defense jumps into the neutural zone before the snap. If a score happens (ncaa)...great. If not, we move forward 10 yards and prepare for next season where it begins to matter.

Scott set this up when he pulled the trigger on AM a full year before anyone (including me) thought he would.

Relax. The Packline is gone, players are improving and the recruiting scene is a year ahead of schedule.

We should/could have won all of them. Gives me hope.

However the PSU game was a bummer.

Typical. People can see how average this team is but they're "ignorant, malcontent, disgruntled" for saying it. Puppies and rainbows, right? #stupid

Look at this season this way:

This season is that free play the offense gets when the defense jumps into the neutural zone before the snap. If a score happens (ncaa)...great. If not, we move forward 10 yards and prepare for next season where it begins to matter.

Scott set this up when he pulled the trigger on AM a full year before anyone (including me) thought he would.

Relax. The Packline is gone, players are improving and the recruiting scene is a year ahead of schedule.
Recruiting seems improved, just not sure the current players are improved. Maybe in some areas...

Typical. People can see how average this team is but they're "ignorant, malcontent, disgruntled" for saying it. Puppies and rainbows, right? #stupid
time will tell

opinions are opinions (and frankly, some of the hyperbole here is hilarious)

“we have the worst backcourt in the Big Ten”

“We have one of the best coaching staffs in the nation”

“we are a dumpster fire”

“Player x (who doesn’t start) will be a sure fire NBA draft pick”

“we have the worst coaching staff in the B10”

“We only have one player that would start for any other B10 team”

“we have 4 players with higher vertical jumps than any NBA team”

Just an assortment of the types of things I see posted here. I mean, who cares? You just have to laugh, IMHO.

this forum doesn’t exist as some sort of force field (Star Wars?) that controls the future of IU basketball. It’s for entertainment purposes.

time will eventually tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT