ADVERTISEMENT

We got some good calls in the 2nd half

GeddyHoosier

All-Big Ten
Feb 1, 2006
I think the refs knew they screwed us on the goal and gave us some nice calls in the 2nd half. Femi's yellow card could easily have been a red. Speaking of Femi, he's a future All-American. Should have had 3 tonight.

We got a few calls for sure, but a 2-0 game was the score

at the end of the first half.

That being said, we dominated play for about 70 minutes. Missed a lot of 1 v 1 opportunities too.

Help me understand

I saw what Femi did. He slid under the kid and got a yellow card for it (you say it could have been red and I believe you)

But what made that slide tackle any different than the 200 others i saw where there was no whistle. What makes it different?

Re: Help me understand

He went in with 2 feet, which often can be a red card because that is much more dangerous than just a 1 footed tackle. He was a bit late too,as the CU defender already played the ball. Refs have quite a bit of discretion on those things and they consider several other factors like how much the player (Femi) has fouled, if at all, up to that point. I've seen guys get sent off for less than that.

Please explain the non-goal call at the end of first half.
If I heard the announcers correctly there was a twitter posted that showed the ball in the back of the net with one second on the game clock. The announcers were comparing the time to basketball timing of winning shorts and that soccer does not have fractions of seconds or when the ball is hit towards the goal. Were they correct? Could they have been over ruled on the call?
When i played the game the referee kept the time on the field. Of course that was high school ball and over fifty years ago.
Thanks for any clarification.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT