ADVERTISEMENT

We got quite a bit of help today.....

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Neb lost to MSU and Mich lost to Rutgers, while Iowa, which is behind us in 4th place, also lost to MD. We are tied with Mich in the loss column and one game behind Neb in that column also. Mich remains ahead of us in 2nd place because they have two more wins. We need to complete the sweep of Minn tomorrow and hope for some more help. BTW, as expected, we lost some ground in the RPI rankings even though we swept Minn, dropping seven spots to 120th going into today's baseball action. You can imagine what it would have been like if we had lost just one of those games to Minny yesterday. The Gophers are a bad team for your RPI whether you beat them or not.

Is there any possibility of limited public attendance? Again, how can they approve in person graduation and think that is less Covid risk than limited attendance, masks required and social distancing at an outside event. Please explain!!!

Reactions: mk23
Is there any possibility of limited public attendance? Again, how can they approve in person graduation and think that is less Covid risk than limited attendance, masks required and social distancing at an outside event. Please explain!!!
Crazy logic that some are still following???

One is a decision made at the conference level for all athletics, the other is a decision made at the University level only for the University.

One is a decision made at the conference level for all athletics, the other is a decision made at the University level only for the University.
I don't believe it is at the conference level. I know Nebraska and Purdue are allowing public attendance.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I don't believe it is at the conference level. I know Nebraska and Purdue are allowing public attendance.
My understanding is that the no spectators rule was a B1G decision, just like the no scheduling outside the conference (another head scratcher).

Edit: I'm wrong. It is an IU decision to not allow fans at the Bart. I missed that discussion in it's entirety.

I'm pretty sure Monroe County has large say.
Monroe County allowed a limited number of fans for high school sports in football and basketball, and I assume the other sports also. Bloom. South hosted one of the basketball sectionals, and if I'm not mistaken, each school was allowed to have 500 fans for each session, and I believe those limits were established by the Monroe County Board of Health. Quite a few sectionals and regionals around the state allowed a lot more fans in. The Seymour Sectional and Regional allowed each school 2,000 fans for each session and that is 4,000 fans in a gym that holds approx. 8,200 fans.

Reactions: mk23 and Irregulars
Monroe County allowed a limited number of fans for high school sports in football and basketball, and I assume the other sports also. Bloom. South hosted one of the basketball sectionals, and if I'm not mistaken, each school was allowed to have 500 fans for each session, and I believe those limits were established by the Monroe County Board of Health. Quite a few sectionals and regionals around the state allowed a lot more fans in. The Seymour Sectional and Regional allowed each school 2,000 fans for each session and that is 4,000 fans in a gym that holds approx. 8,200 fans.
I might add that I never saw or heard of any issue with Covid after the state tournament playoffs were completed.

I think it was 500 total, not per school.

Bloomington North is allowed about 400 fans at an outdoor track meet. It's related to restroom facilities per fan, as set by the board of health.

Here's the list of teams allowing the general public in the Big Ten: Iowa, Nebraska, Purdue. Rest of schools are small crowds and only allow family and friends. I just went through every Big Ten policy and the other ten SPECIFICALLY state they are family and friends only still.

Should IU allow 500 fans in? I would certainly think that would be fine and would be very supportive of that, but please to everyone on the board STOP acting like IU is only Big Ten school still closed to public when 75% of schools in conference are not allowing fans in.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT