ADVERTISEMENT

We got four in the bank...

IUNY

Freshman
Sep 8, 2013
So from the "get to a bowl game" perspective, we should be able to do it. This was probably the easiest offense we faced all year, and we shouldn't have made it this close. There were too many times they had the QB in their grasp and he completed falling-down passes. It's almost impossible for a team to do that, but it seems to happen to us frequently. It's frustrating to watch, but I think this was the most physical game our D line played. The sack by Tegray Scales on the blitz was great, and I think when we get into the Big Ten schedule, we are going to have to stunt more on defense. We seem to have gotten away from the deep passing game, too, which is Nate Sudfeld's strength. I would like to see more deep passes after runs.

So from the "get to a bowl game" perspective, we should be able to do it. This was probably the easiest offense we faced all year, and we shouldn't have made it this close. There were too many times they had the QB in their grasp and he completed falling-down passes. It's almost impossible for a team to do that, but it seems to happen to us frequently. It's frustrating to watch, but I think this was the most physical game our D line played. The sack by Tegray Scales on the blitz was great, and I think when we get into the Big Ten schedule, we are going to have to stunt more on defense. We seem to have gotten away from the deep passing game, too, which is Nate Sudfeld's strength. I would like to see more deep passes after runs.

Part of me tends to think the minimal use of play action and deep throws is calculated. It would not surprise me at all to see more of it next Saturday.

first half was the best Nate's looked all year imo. not sure why but he hasn't looked nearly as sharp yet.

I do agree I think the offense has been pretty vanilla in most of the pre conf season save for a little bit in the West KY. game. 3rd Q dominance continued again today. one more week of that and I think it will become a thing.

Your receivers can either help or hurt your QB in terms of looking sharp...

Was at the game and we do not appear to have a lot of speed at WR. We may have less now because Jones came out of the game with a leg injury and he appeared to be very uncomfortable on the sidelines. Other then Jones I am not sure we have a real deep threat.

Thought Suds had his worst game of the year. What's this fascination with the fade route all the time? Some really poor passing stuff today. Again, the biggest worry apart from defensive breakdowns might be our inability to close out offensive drives.

Thought Suds had his worst game of the year. What's this fascination with the fade route all the time? Some really poor passing stuff today. Again, the biggest worry apart from defensive breakdowns might be our inability to close out offensive drives.
I wouldn't say Nate was great today, but for a guy who has put up some damn fine statistics this year, and is 4-0, he sure is getting a lot of grief from our fans.

Of course, we did boo Trent a Green on senior day, so...

Part of me tends to think the minimal use of play action and deep throws is calculated. It would not surprise me at all to see more of it next Saturday.
With you on this. Change our trends. Give future opponents more to gameplan against and worry about. Hope we can pull it off!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT