We don't know crap ...

IUAPEX

Senior
Jan 26, 2002
Greensboro, NC
1. Stevens said he is a "masshole and Patriot fan"
2. Alford already said "not interested"
3. Beard said "I don't discuss head coaching jobs"

Anyone else actually make a "quote"? Stevens could still be considering, I believe Alford would bike to Indiana for the job (don't think he would walk) and got to think Beard is at least listening and I sure hope Dolson is using his student manager contacts to help elevate the conversation with Beard.

All that said ... I am starting to be "full in" to someone on the bench having a strong IU connection (key assistant or head coach). I know we have Mike Roberts and would love to have him stay ... but Roberts is not carrying "name recognition" within the state of Indiana with coaches and/or recruits. I think Alford would have absolutely killed it here in 2000, but the admin had their panties in a wad and the timing was bad, but I truly believe we would have had a banner. Sometimes it is as much about the "fit" as it is the "ability" and Alford "fit" Indiana. Unfortunately, that time may have passed him by now ... that said here would be my IU connection top five:

1. Stevens, Cheaney
2. Woodson, Lewis/Fife
3. Matta, Cheaney
4. Beard, Cheaney
5. Musslemen, Lewis/Fife
6. Alford, Lewis/Fife
7. Altman, Lewis/Fife
8. Beilein, Cheaney

** My point, maybe there are some key discussions around "if I do this will you join me" going on right now ... my "dream" scenario (which is not happening) would be the following:

Stevens, Cheaney, Lewis and a recruiter

Anyone else actually make a "quote"? Stevens could still be considering, I believe Alford would bike to Indiana for the job (don't think he would walk) and got to think Beard is at least listening and I sure hope Dolson is using his student manager contacts to help elevate the conversation with Beard.

All that said ... I am starting to be "full in" to someone on the bench having a strong IU connection (key assistant or head coach). I know we have Mike Roberts and would love to have him stay ... but Roberts is not carrying "name recognition" within the state of Indiana with coaches and/or recruits. I think Alford would have absolutely killed it here in 2000, but the admin had their panties in a wad and the timing was bad, but I truly believe we would have had a banner. Sometimes it is as much about the "fit" as it is the "ability" and Alford "fit" Indiana. Unfortunately, that time may have passed him by now ... that said here would be my IU connection top five:

1. Stevens, Cheaney
2. Woodson, Lewis/Fife
3. Matta, Cheaney
4. Beard, Cheaney
5. Musslemen, Lewis/Fife
6. Alford, Lewis/Fife
7. Altman, Lewis/Fife
8. Beilein, Cheaney

** My point, maybe there are some key discussions around "if I do this will you join me" going on right now ... my "dream" scenario (which is not happening) would be the following:

Alford, at one time, yes. Now, not so sure. He is our hero of the ‘87 team and still that golden boy where fans love him at IU. He fails as IU’s coach and where does he go from here?The luster will have worn off.

Reactions: IUAPEX
Alford, at one time, yes. Now, not so sure. He is our hero of the ‘87 team and still that golden boy where fans love him at IU. He fails as IU’s coach and where does he go from here?The luster will have worn off.
He could retire as a very rich man with what IU would be paying him.

Smart was the hero of the 87 team.

1. Stevens, Cheaney
2. Woodson, Lewis/Fife
3. Matta, Cheaney
4. Beard, Cheaney
5. Musslemen, Lewis/Fife
6. Alford, Lewis/Fife
7. Altman, Lewis/Fife
8. Beilein, Cheaney

Speak for yourself. I've been watching IU bball for the last 20 years, after enjoying it for the previous 25. If there's one thing I do know, it's crap.

If we do end up getting Brad Stevens I'd tell those players entering the Portal that "up yours with a red hot poker" I can get any player I want.......................

To those millennials out there that's a Robbie Benson line in the movie "one on one" a true classic.

1. Stevens, Cheaney
2. Woodson, Lewis/Fife
3. Matta, Cheaney
4. Beard, Cheaney
5. Musslemen, Lewis/Fife
6. Alford, Lewis/Fife
7. Altman, Lewis/Fife
8. Beilein, Cheaney

There's a lot of things I don't know, but I do know crap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT