ADVERTISEMENT

"We can’t get stops": IU looks to tighten defense - Hoosier Network

Yup were using it or a very close variation. You could see it more than once tonight....

...essentially any possession that got beyond their secondary looks or their entries. I really liked the Flex cut action, into screen-the-screener.

The few possessions North Alabama went zone, IU went away from it, but any type of Motion can be utilized against a zone. The main change vs. matchup type zones (2-3 or 3-2) is screening angles, and in a Blocker-Mover type Motion (presumably 3 out, 2 in) overloading sides of the floor as much as possible.

I'm a huge proponent of ball screening the top of a zone...any zone...even a 1-3-1, and IU had a couple of early vertical ball screens vs. UNA's zone. That said, I can't think of more than 3-4 possessions where UNA went zone, outside of BLOBs and ATOs.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
Not to mention we've completely revamped the half court offense and are using a variation of blocker/mover this year.. but since no announcers have informed the ignorant common fan they don't even see or realize it.
Dumb! Nothing changed but the addition of TJD and Brunk.

Reactions: Radio Zero
ADVERTISEMENT