ADVERTISEMENT

we are not that bad

He has plenty of money, his Dad was what in the NBA for over a decade? He will be smarter than most when it comes to the NBA. You don't leave to go pro unless you are gonna cash in with guaranteed money, just is not a smart move. Lets revisit this at the end of January. Ill more than likely bet you he will come back if you would like.

Kind of a big question mark where he fits in the league. He is woefully undersized for a center position, and that's basically only position he can play. He also is so left hand dominant, that's a serious issue.... though that's gotten slightly better. He plays with high energy and is very solid shot blocker/ rebounder. But man, it's tough to find a spot in the league if you can't shoot. Good teams have even 5s that shoot from distance, now. Look at what Sabonis does for the Pacers, for example.

His dad is well connected and very knowledgable in terms of the NBA. Why would he go pro if there is a chance he would not get drafted, when he can come back an improve his stock tremendously with a jump shot? I dont get your theory here.

I am a degenerate gambler, won't lie to you.
Because he’s not going to develop the skills he needs if he returns.

Because he’s not going to develop the skills he needs if he returns.
yep that is the point I keep missing on....while he may not be ready for the league, staying at IU might not be the best choice either, if it doesn't help him. Throw in a season turning sour with every week and he might not be motivated to stay here another year regardless of the 2021 mock draft lists.

Reactions: IUgradman
yep that is the point I keep missing on....while he may not be ready for the league, staying at IU might not be the best choice either, if it doesn't help him. Throw in a season turning sour with every week and he might not be motivated to stay here another year regardless of the 2021 mock draft lists.
Miller will continue to use him on ways that most benefit the team, which means he’ll be a low post player 95% of the time. He’s not developing a perimeter game or any sort of mid-range jumper doing that. Why return and wait another year before embarking on his pro journey?

Risk-reward says that without a jump shot TJD is going to be a late rd pick regardless if he goes this year or next. TJD has a better chance of developing a jump shot as a professional than he does at IU.

That being said, the Jackson family isn’t strapped for cash which seems to be one of the driving forces among early entrants and TJD seems to enjoy the college experience from what I’ve seen. The fact that he didn’t even test the waters last year reinforces my belief. I would put it at 60-40 he returns for his junior year.

What “shooting” are you talking about? If it’s in the paint then yes. The three point shooting was consistent. We his 35% which is pretty average. That’s all you can ask.
39% from 3. That's encouraging, but it would be much more encouraging if more than Franklin was lighting it up from that range. TJD doesn't have his worst shooting day (without looking) and shoots like he normally does down low the overall average moves up to decent level and IU might have won. The effort was there, but Illinois has a good team with a couple of first round NBA level players and did what they needed to do at the end to win it.

Reactions: MrBing
LOL..."hostile environment"??? Yeah that crowd was tough....all 30 of them

Dude, we are not good and not improving very quickly.
yeah... I don't see yet where he has explained the hostile environment comment.... If I missed it then sorry. I really think he heard the fake crowd noise on FS1 and bought it

Oh, that's rich. A good chunk of your posts are one-word drive-bys consisting of the word "dumb." Try something original, babycakes.
That's called efficiency.

Calling one of your posts dumb gets to the point quickly and accurately and with all the effort it deserves. I do it as a public service for others as your ignorant thoughts don't deserve to be read.

Sorry, if you feel condescended to but as we all know condescension flows down hill... it's an affliction only felt by the dumb and you are without doubt dumb. Grow smarter or quit posting dumb shit. Oh yea, grow a pair, you're weak..

we are not that bad

We're not that good either.
This team, especially considering their lack of size, is good defensively. This was Illinois’s lowest scoring output. They’ll keep it close with a lot of teams based on their defense only.

This team, especially considering their lack of size, is good defensively. This was Illinois’s lowest scoring output. They’ll keep it close with a lot of teams based on their defense only.
Am I the only one that laughs and shakes their head when reading the title of this thread?

We need to make shirts - IU Basketball 2020, We Ain't That $hitty.

Reactions: kmathum
We were probably fortunate Illinois did not play their A game. I was a bit surprised we hung around long enough to still have a chance inside the 5 minute mark. Really thought we'd lose by double digits.

ADVERTISEMENT