ADVERTISEMENT

we are not that bad

We could have won today if we didn’t miss about 10 shots from 4 feet. We seemed intimidated at the rim.
And that's why we are that bad. We. Can't. Shoot.

Every game will be a struggle--yes, we might win a few where we have an uncharacteristic night where we actually do hit the broad side of a barn. But this is what our team is (and really has been since Arch took over).

So, yeah, we are that bad. And it could get worse.

Every game will be a struggle--yes, we might win a few where we have an uncharacteristic night where we actually do hit the broad side of a barn. But this is what our team is (and really has been since Arch took over).

I realize Rob is a good kid, but there’s a reason Painter backed away from him out of high school. He’s very limited and needs to see the floor less.

We could have won today if we didn’t miss about 10 shots from 4 feet. We seemed intimidated at the rim.
I agree! Missed a few at close range and then you have to consider tjd sitting in the second half. Armaan losing one off his knee was two for Illinois and the 3 tossed in by dosunmu as the time clock expired... that’s 5 points there.

Not happy that IU lost, but I was expecting a blowout. There was some good from this game, but down the stretch was brutal. IU needs that alpha player that the illini had. IU shot 39.7 from 2; 38.9 from 3 & 77.8 from the line. Archie experimented with the line ups and still needs to continue tweaking. RP & AD should NOT be on the floor at the same time. HOPEFULLY, IU builds on this and continues to improve, rather than retorting to the no shows we have seen in the past.

I'm starting to sway towards the 10th to 12th place finish..
Something big has to change..What I don't know ?
I don’t see many wins left on schedule from what I have seen from this team. We have to many guys that play a ton of minutes and have zero production.

Reactions: Mr.IU
Not happy that IU lost, but I was expecting a blowout. There was some good from this game, but down the stretch was brutal. IU needs that alpha player that the illini had. IU shot 39.7 from 2; 38.9 from 3 & 77.8 from the line. Archie experimented with the line ups and still needs to continue tweaking. RP & AD should NOT be on the floor at the same time. HOPEFULLY, IU builds on this and continues to improve, rather than retorting to the no shows we have seen in the past.
There was definitely some good in this game. I appreciate him giving some guys more time. Gotta get in the game to see some things on film. Let’s get back to 2-2 next week. I’m doubting tjd is as limited against psu and maryland as he was today.

Reactions: bub-rub
Baylor is the only other team to hold Illinois to under 70 points (also 69). Archie being the best young defensive coach in college basketball is what carries me through,

Reactions: MrBing and ORG

Our shooting isn’t what got us. They had more attempts at the stripe and out rebounded us. We held them to their worst shooting of the season. We missed a ton of easy shots in the paint. We are now starting to find some range with Franklin.

If we play like that every game, we will win more than we lose going forward. Let's win the next two and go from there
BS. If we play like that we will go 7-13. We needed to play quite a bit better to win that game, and ILL is probably the 5th-7th best team in this conference..

Our shooting isn’t what got us. They had more attempts at the stripe and out rebounded us. We held them to their worst shooting of the season. We missed a ton of easy shots in the paint. We are now starting to find some range with Franklin.
Our shooting is why we lost to NW, and it was worse today. And it's been a problem all year.

I'm not displeased with our defense.

Reactions: Mr.IU
Our shooting is why we lost to NW, and it was worse today. And it's been a problem all year.

I'm not displeased with our defense.
What “shooting” are you talking about? If it’s in the paint then yes. The three point shooting was consistent. We his 35% which is pretty average. That’s all you can ask.

BS. If we play like that we will go 7-13. We needed to play quite a bit better to win that game, and ILL is probably the 5th-7th best team in this conference..
They might be but they have that streaky firepower that will win and blow up on some teams.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Disagree. Wisc/ Illinois/ Iowa are the three best this year. Illinois has two guys that will go in next year's draft. We don't have one.

Rutgers NW Minnesota Ohio State or MSU would not surprise me if they were better than Ill, and I bet 2 of them will be. Conference is loaded. Rutgers just beat ILL.

Reactions: Upset Alert
What “shooting” are you talking about? If it’s in the paint then yes. The three point shooting was consistent. We his 35% which is pretty average. That’s all you can ask.

39% from 3..... good.
40% overall.... not so good.

Cockburn made everything really difficult for TJD. TJD's lack of shooting range is a killer in a matchup like that, and why it's pretty clear he'll be returning next season.

Rutgers NW Minnesota Ohio State or MSU would not surprise me if they were better than Ill, and I bet 2 of them will be. Conference is loaded. Rutgers just beat ILL.

Hell I forgot about MI, I love Juwan way more than most and they haven't lost. Haven't really watched them yet

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT