ADVERTISEMENT

We are cruisin for a bruisin

The numbers in Indy have been going down, but Mayor Hogsett is implementing a mask mandate. This follows, by a day or so, the kickoff of a campaign to attract tourists to Indy. Part of the tourism pitch is that Indy is a safe place to visit.

I don’t know how the tourism campaign will go, but I’m happy my governor and my mayor are trying to promote sensible policies. And, by the way, that’s a Republican governor and a Democratic mayor lining up in favor of good policy. If only the corrupt unfit incompetent imbecile could get on board.

I think Holcomb is soon to face a very hard decision, Indiana's numbers have turned ever so slightly. Our infection rate is around .99 right now, it was down to .90. So we will soon go above that all important 1. I am not sure opening 4.5 will hold, but I applaud him for trying to slow us down instead of going to 5 on Saturday as planned.

I think Holcomb is soon to face a very hard decision, Indiana's numbers have turned ever so slightly. Our infection rate is around .99 right now, it was down to .90. So we will soon go above that all important 1. I am not sure opening 4.5 will hold, but I applaud him for trying to slow us down instead of going to 5 on Saturday as planned.
Yes. He’s done as good of a job as anyone in his shoes could. He doesn’t get national attention in the way that he should.
That said; what he does next will define him.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Right. And what about the schools? So far, in Indiana, they are just recommending it on buses, to my knowledge.
that's a good question. are there any health consequences unique to kids wearing masks? i have no idea.

It’s pretty much the only thing I think about. I have to decide what to do.
well i'm going to move mountains to send mine to school. i'm too dumb to help her with this online school misery. i never understand the assignments.

I mean, duh.
Why isn’t this a forgone conclusion.?

I don't know man. Its weird whats going on in the States. No other country is having this sort of convo. More focused on trying to re-start the respective economies. Without all these precautions like PPEs and social distancing, the R numbers will never be at an acceptable level.

The economy will never have the level of confidence with too many uncertainties like multiple spikes in case numbers to even take off.

Wearing a mask not only shows at a societal level that people are all in it together and have faith in each other -- but also that people are taking it seriously. Its like a badge of action or like what a flag represents.

This can only help the economy. Instead, you get mobs of petulant 'children' pushing back.

that's a good question. are there any health consequences unique to kids wearing masks? i have no idea.
As far as your health problems for youngsters who wear a mask...the answer is probably. Those masks
ah gotcha. ugh. that's tough.
I don't know man. Its weird whats going on in the States. No other country is having this sort of convo. More focused on trying to re-start the respective economies. Without all these precautions like PPEs and social distancing, the R numbers will never be at an acceptable level.

The economy will never have the level of confidence with too many uncertainties like multiple spikes in case numbers to even take off.

Wearing a mask not only shows at a societal level that people are all in it together and have faith in each other -- but also that people are taking it seriously. Its like a badge of action or like what a flag represents.

This can only help the economy. Instead, you get mobs of petulant 'children' pushing back.
yup

Interesting comments about ventilators 5.30+ min onwards

To keep people off vents they use ECMO which oxygenates the blood

Btw if these healthcare professionals can wear an uncomfortable N95 mask, and a full PPE suit for 8-12hrs a day and have been doing so since Feb/March --- I don't know how people can bitch about wearing a fecking surgical mask for 20mins at the supermarket.

Infantile self-centred whingers.

Last edited:

I am not an expert, but reading what they say, this is bad news:

If the average R0 in the population is greater than 1, the infection will spread exponentially. If R0 is less than 1, the infection will spread only slowly, and it will eventually die out. The higher the value of R0, the faster an epidemic will progress.
That word exponential is very, very bad. Maybe it is time to go back to 3, and not 4.5. All the experts I read suggest this is easier contained at a small level than an Arizona level. Plus, if we are over 1 today, that is actually measuring transmissions from a week ago.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/when-...tion-to-viral-reproduction-numbers-r0-and-re/

Yes. He’s done as good of a job as anyone in his shoes could. He doesn’t get national attention in the way that he should.
That said; what he does next will define him.
What Holcomb is doing also defines Trump and Pence.

What Holcomb is doing also defines Trump and Pence.
I’m not sure what you mean.

I’m going to guess you’re making a pro Trump statement.

I wrote that the governor has done as well as anyone could in his position. He’s a republican governor in a republican state with a terrible president looking over his shoulder.

Let me be clear. Trump is awful and has put us in a position that no President in our lifetime would have. Pence is worse because a good man in his position would care more about humanity than political position.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
Opening damn near anything is a bad idea at this point.
I agree. And I know businesses have to keep going. I also believe that kids need to be in school. I just don’t think holding them up for a half a year or even a year will be the end of a productive 13 year learning environment for them.

Reactions: T.M.P.
I’m not sure what you mean.

I’m going to guess you’re making a pro Trump statement.

I wrote that the governor has done as well as anyone could in his position. He’s a republican governor in a republican state with a terrible president looking over his shoulder.

Let me be clear. Trump is awful and has put us in a position that no President in our lifetime would have. Pence is worse because a good man in his position would care more about humanity than political position.
Not real difficult and not pro-Trump either.

You can look over there at Holcomb in a safe red state where he could probably do whatever he wants and see that he is still handling things fairly well, and then you can look over there and and see two dumbasses in the White House who are screwing it up and even looking incompetent at screwing it up.

Indiana still has some of the best COVID stats in the nation. Holcomb is defining Trump and Pence as incompetent by showing the whole world how well things work when a competent Republican makes wise decisions with the public good in mind.

Not Holcomb = Trump/Pence.
Not Holcomb = incompetent.

Jr’s girlfriend , Kimberly tested positive for Covid.

BitterBigAustralianshelduck-small.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT