ADVERTISEMENT

We are cruisin for a bruisin

That’s your bias coming out. I could post a thousand pics of blm protestors protesting inches apart without masks. California and something like 25 plus states are seeing spikes. It’s not just the sunbelt. As for the graphs in this post do your own research. More than 30 euro countries are seeing spikes over the last two weeks according to the director for the WHO Europe. Think for yourself. Either social distancing matters or it doesn’t...and tens of thousands of blm protestors weren’t wearing masks and weren’t social distancing. A two second google images search evidences same.

Actually what I'm saying is that it's probably too early to attribute any spike to whatever is going to result from protest activity. We are seeing spikes in FL, TX, and AZ 3 states that had some protests, but maybe more importantly relaxed restrictions and opened too soon. We are not yet seeing corresponding spikes in areas like NY, NJ, and Minn who undoubtedly had the same level of protest as both TX and FL, but did not have the extra complication of having relaxed restrictions and opened up back in early May...

You're making the same argument as Kantos did earlier when he seemed desperate to blame the spike on "protests". That may eventually be the case, but for right now the increased protest activity does not seem to have been a significant factor, except possibly in states which were already open and experiencing spikes by the time protests over George Floyd (who didn't die till May 25th) were even originating.

I think you have to look at the lag in current spikes pointing to events that happened about the same time, if not earlier than Floyd's death. George Floyd died on Memorial Day, but protests over his death didn't really occur till at least a few days later. Memorial Day weekend activities were a huge factor in many states (like AR, MO, TN, MS, etc) where "protests were nominal at best... Meanwhile, the NY/NJ area which held protests on a daily basis have so far not experienced a spike and in fact, are trending downwards...

Reactions: Sope Creek
So, is the ethos here that working with contact tracers is the equivalent of being a snitch?

We all live in a Clint Eastwood movie now . . . .

It's more serious than that Sope... Laura started ranting about it back in May, and it's right up there with wearing masks on the right-wing "you're taking away our freedom" scale... And this tame compared to some of the other wingnut claims...

It's more serious than that Sope... Laura started ranting about it back in May, and it's right up there with wearing masks on the right-wing "you're taking away our freedom" scale... And this tame compared to some of the other wingnut claims...

When Ingraham starts getting concerned about corporate "privacy" policies and use of customer information, I'll start paying attention. Until then, I consider Ingraham an American ingrate.

Reactions: Bill4411

zeke posted an article citing increased hospitalizations of youngers with "serious" issues, but then it said most were asymptomatic in the same article.

if significantly greater numbers of youngers do start having significant issues or are dying, that obviously would be huge news.

and percentages can be deceiving absent real numbers being attached as well.

that said, the reporting from day one regarding covis has been beyond bizarre to say the least as to age, and we literally never get any age based info other than on "confirmed cases" in youngers going up, which is likely because only recently have youngers been being tested at all...

it's as if all age based data has been deliberately withheld by the govt and all mainstream media since day one.

ever see an obituary that didn't include the age of death?

me either.

yet age or any other possible factor is never attached to any covid death, hospitalizations, or ICU, numbers.

NEVER!

the Btown paper reports 28 county covid deaths to date, (jumped up from 6 almost overnight with zero explanation), yet i've never seen any breakdown by age or any other contributing factor.

nor see it anywhere else.

and while "The Week" is a legit publication, where is everyone else including the MSM.

we should be seeing precise age and other factors data breakdowns attached to all reports of covid cases, hospitalizations, ICU admissions, and deaths, as age and other factors data are obviously a very important part of the story.

i will watch for Texas and other exploding states data, (if available at all), to see where this goes.

that said, we're 5 months in and closing in on 125,000 deaths in the US.

and i'm guessing youngers have always comprised a significant, if not the greatest percent of infected, due to youngers being more socially active.

if the virus is somehow only now significantly affecting youngers when it didn't up till now, that would be a huge story in of itself and would bring up the obvious question of "why"..

zeke posted an article citing increased hospitalizations of youngers with "serious" issues, but then it said most were asymptomatic in the same article.

if significantly greater numbers of youngers do start having significant issues or are dying, that obviously would be huge news.

and percentages can be deceiving absent real numbers being attached as well.

that said, the reporting from day one regarding covis has been beyond bizarre to say the least as to age, and we literally never get any age based info other than on "confirmed cases" in youngers going up, which is likely because only recently have youngers been being tested at all...

it's as if all age based data has been deliberately withheld by the govt and all mainstream media since day one.

ever see an obituary that didn't include the age of death?

me either.

yet age or any other possible factor is never attached to any covid death, hospitalizations, or ICU, numbers.

NEVER!

the Btown paper reports 28 county covid deaths to date, (jumped up from 6 almost overnight with zero explanation), yet i've never seen any breakdown by age or any other contributing factor.

nor see it anywhere else.

and while "The Week" is a legit publication, where is everyone else including the MSM.

we should be seeing precise age and other factors data breakdowns attached to all reports of covid cases, hospitalizations, ICU admissions, and deaths, as age and other factors data are obviously a very important part of the story.

i will watch for Texas and other exploding states data, (if available at all), to see where this goes.

that said, we're 5 months in and closing in on 125,000 deaths in the US.

and i'm guessing youngers have always comprised a significant, if not the greatest percent of infected, due to youngers being more socially active.

if the virus is somehow only now significantly affecting youngers when it didn't up till now, that would be a huge story in of itself and would bring up the obvious question of "why"..
It’s on the in.gov website. I check it daily.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
so give us the link if you have one.

Here's an interesting article I found, since we're discussing the spikes in TX (primarily Houston) as well as FL...Seems as early as May 21 (4 days before George Floyd was murdered) analysts were predicting that both TX and FL would experience huge June spikes.
The reason for the predictions was the analysis of cell phone data which showed how serious the problem of refusing to social distance was in those 2 states in particular... From May 21...

"Houston is one of several cities in the South that could see spikes in COVID-19 cases over the next four weeks as restrictions are eased, according to new research that uses cellphone data to track how well people are social distancing.

The updated projection, from PolicyLab at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, found that traffic to non-essential businesses has jumped especially in Texas and Florida, which have moved aggressively to reopen."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...one-data-national-study-predicts-15286096.php

It’s on the in.gov website. I check it daily.

thanks,

per the site,

1.9% of Indiana deaths are people under 50 (so 46 deaths under 50yrs to date)

0.7% under 40yrs (17 deaths under 40)

0.2 under 30yrs. (5 deaths)

guessing the percentages are not that different than the CDC US numbers i've given.

that said, that's with no attached contributing health factors info given, so no idea what, if any, other health factors may or may not have been involved.

saw somewhere that 2.8% tested positive in for antibodies in Indiana in a random test, but that was a month and a half ago so one would assume over 3% now.

assuming a 3% infection rate to date, projecting that out 100%, that still leave those under 50 less than twice as likely to die of covid as in a car crash.

how are these numbers not relevant in any and all strategy discussions, and why does the mainstream media not touch them other than totals.

as for if the virus started having significant effects on youngers, that would be a huge story, but one has to wonder what would cause that change when the data sample is as large as it already is.

absent the age related stats significantly changing, i still say we need a 2 or 3 universe national strategy that reflects the data to date and it's massive age based affects, and keeps olders that wish able to segregated from youngers, both financially and logistically.

We have become the foremost shithole country. Thanks Donald!

Trending on twitter #TrumpKillsFlorida...Another brutal ad. The anti-Trump ads (esp from anti-Trumpers in the GOP) are so effective because they reach across party lines. Trump's ads resonate with his base and no one else. By this point, he's so polarizing that attack ads are only going to whip up the base, not gain new voters...

Conversely, this ad hurts him in FL by tying Trump and DeSantis into a nice web of incompetence...

The president held a news conference and announced a plan to reopen America. I actually congratulated him on it. Then he encouraged states to open up long before the 14 days of downward cases. I am not sure a single state waited on that recommendation.

Just about every economist I read said a second shut down would be worse than extending the first. Several states are close to hospital max. If shutdowns were an iceberg, we would be hearing the call "iceberg right ahead" and our ship can't turn in the size of a New England state.

And now we have anti-vaxers and anti-maskers teaming up.

In other words, we can no longer see stupid in the rear view mirror.

If nothing else, we've benefited from having a bit more time to learn on the job and develop treatment protocols than did those in Europe who got hit earlier. But that will be cold comfort if we can't knock the infection rate down. A shit load of infections is still going to result in a shit load of deaths.
And expense. Those idiots who are spreading COVID by refusing to use precautions are costing us all a lot of money even if they don't kill us.

We've all seen those reports of the huge hospital bills of $70-80-100,000 (or more) for week-long hospitalizations and respirator usage. Now, we're learning that the less serious treatments also cost a lot of money -- a round of remdesivir treatment will cost $3,120 for only five days.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/covid-19-...cation to show effectiveness against COVID-19.

No matter whether paid by private insurance (thus raising our future premiums) or Medicare or Medicaid or some special government COVID stimulus, all of us are ultimately going to get stuck paying for these idiots' treatments.

And expense. Those idiots who are spreading COVID by refusing to use precautions are costing us all a lot of money even if they don't kill us.

We've all seen those reports of the huge hospital bills of $70-80-100,000 (or more) for week-long hospitalizations and respirator usage. Now, we're learning that the less serious treatments also cost a lot of money -- a round of remdesivir treatment will cost $3,120 for only five days.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/covid-19-drug-remdesivir-cost-3120-us-patients/story?id=71509977#:~:text=Remdesivir will cost $520 per dose for private,first antiviral medication to show effectiveness against COVID-19.

No matter whether paid by private insurance (thus raising our future premiums) or Medicare or Medicaid or some special government COVID stimulus, all of us are ultimately going to get stuck paying for these idiots' treatments.

Fyi:

US buys up world stock of key Covid-19 drug remdesivir
No other country will be able to buy remdesivir, which can help recovery from Covid-19, for next three months at least

The US has bought up virtually all the stocks for the next three months of one of the two drugs proven to work against Covid-19, leaving none for the UK, Europe or most of the rest of the world.

Experts and campaigners are alarmed both by the US unilateral action on remdesivir and the wider implications, for instance in the event of a vaccine becoming available. The Trump administration has already shown that it is prepared to outbid and outmanoeuvre all other countries to secure the medical supplies it needs for the US.

“They’ve got access to most of the drug supply [of remdesivir], so there’s nothing for Europe,” said Dr Andrew Hill, senior visiting research fellow at Liverpool University.

Remdesivir, the first drug approved by licensing authorities in the US to treat Covid-19, is made by Gilead and has been shown to help people recover faster from the disease. The first 140,000 doses, supplied to drug trials around the world, have been used up. The Trump administration has now bought more than 500,000 doses, which is all of Gilead’s production for July and 90% of August and September.

“President Trump has struck an amazing deal to ensure Americans have access to the first authorised therapeutic for Covid-19,” said the US health and human services secretary, Alex Azar. “To the extent possible, we want to ensure that any American patient who needs remdesivir can get it. The Trump administration is doing everything in our power to learn more about life-saving therapeutics for Covid-19 and secure access to these options for the American people.”

The drug, which was invented for Ebola but failed to work, is under patent to Gilead, which means no other company in wealthy countries can make it. The cost is around $3,200 per treatment of six doses, according to the US government statement.

The deal was announced as it became clear that the pandemic in the US is spiralling out of control. Anthony Fauci, the country’s leading public health expert and director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told the Senate the US was sliding backwards.

“We are going in the wrong direction,” said Fauci. Last week the US saw a new daily record of 40,000 new coronavirus cases in one day. “I would not be surprised if we go up to 100,000 a day if this does not turn around,” he said. He could not provide an estimated death toll, but said: “It is going to be very disturbing, I guarantee you that.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...k-of-key-covid-19-drug?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I posted the following on a different thread:

FYI from a chat with a few healthcare folks I know here, they arent entirely impressed with remdesivir's result. One said that its not convincing enough to justify America's action -- and feels its a knee jerk response to polls and rising cases there.

Not exactly unprecedented though. Invasive ventilators which normally cost $10k were being bought at $50-60k for the same machine at its peak by the various states.

Last edited:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/covid-19-drug-remdesivir-cost-3120-us-patients/story?id=71509977#:~:text=Remdesivir will cost $520 per dose for private,first antiviral medication to show effectiveness against COVID-19.

Australia and the Uk have started implemented localised lockdown -- specific to a city.

I don't know if this picture is real or if it is made up, but it's funny/sad.

Then it gets funnier/sadder when you do the math!

OK, looked for it on Facebook, and it's flagged as a fake. Pretty funny though. A female VPM!

Last edited:
I don't know if this picture is real or if it is made up, but it's funny/sad.

Then it gets funnier/sadder when you do the math!

OK, looked for it on Facebook, and it's flagged as a fake. Pretty funny though. A female VPM!
Ya. Got me. It’s sad that I had no problem believing it.

Fyi:

US buys up world stock of key Covid-19 drug remdesivir
No other country will be able to buy remdesivir, which can help recovery from Covid-19, for next three months at least

The US has bought up virtually all the stocks for the next three months of one of the two drugs proven to work against Covid-19, leaving none for the UK, Europe or most of the rest of the world.

Experts and campaigners are alarmed both by the US unilateral action on remdesivir and the wider implications, for instance in the event of a vaccine becoming available. The Trump administration has already shown that it is prepared to outbid and outmanoeuvre all other countries to secure the medical supplies it needs for the US.

“They’ve got access to most of the drug supply [of remdesivir], so there’s nothing for Europe,” said Dr Andrew Hill, senior visiting research fellow at Liverpool University.

Remdesivir, the first drug approved by licensing authorities in the US to treat Covid-19, is made by Gilead and has been shown to help people recover faster from the disease. The first 140,000 doses, supplied to drug trials around the world, have been used up. The Trump administration has now bought more than 500,000 doses, which is all of Gilead’s production for July and 90% of August and September.

“President Trump has struck an amazing deal to ensure Americans have access to the first authorised therapeutic for Covid-19,” said the US health and human services secretary, Alex Azar. “To the extent possible, we want to ensure that any American patient who needs remdesivir can get it. The Trump administration is doing everything in our power to learn more about life-saving therapeutics for Covid-19 and secure access to these options for the American people.”

The drug, which was invented for Ebola but failed to work, is under patent to Gilead, which means no other company in wealthy countries can make it. The cost is around $3,200 per treatment of six doses, according to the US government statement.

The deal was announced as it became clear that the pandemic in the US is spiralling out of control. Anthony Fauci, the country’s leading public health expert and director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told the Senate the US was sliding backwards.

“We are going in the wrong direction,” said Fauci. Last week the US saw a new daily record of 40,000 new coronavirus cases in one day. “I would not be surprised if we go up to 100,000 a day if this does not turn around,” he said. He could not provide an estimated death toll, but said: “It is going to be very disturbing, I guarantee you that.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...k-of-key-covid-19-drug?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I posted the following on a different thread:

FYI from a chat with a few healthcare folks I know here, they arent entirely impressed with remdesivir's result. One said that its not convincing enough to justify America's action -- and feels its a knee jerk response to polls and rising cases there.

Not exactly unprecedented though. Invasive ventilators which normally cost $10k were being bought at $50-60k for the same machine at its peak by the various states.
Hmmm. So, did Trump make another brilliant deal in which he overpaid by $1,000 %? Wow. What a businessman. Maybe the manufacturer gave him dirt on Hillary to skew the price.

Reactions: sglowrider
It has to be mandated. I just read on FB posts from two friends. Both educated. One at Duke. Adamantly against masks. it's mind-numbing. my county just mandated it today. hopefully all or most follow. i'm convinced it's the only way....
Right. And what about the schools? So far, in Indiana, they are just recommending it on buses, to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Hmmm. So, did Trump make another brilliant deal in which he overpaid by $1,000 %? Wow. What a businessman. Maybe the manufacturer gave him dirt on Hillary to skew the price.

Its a Trump business principle. OPM -- other people's money.

I can see the same thing happening if a vaccine if found; he will try and corner the market too. It will be the Lamar/Hunt Brothers and silver all over again.

Trump repeats coronavirus will 'disappear' day after 45,000 new cases reported
The U.S. had 16 total cases when the president first made the claim in February that the virus will disappear.

President Donald Trump repeated on Wednesday something he said in the early days of the coronavirus pandemic -- that the virus will "just disappear." Trump made the comments to Fox Business the day after the U.S. reported another 45,000 new cases.

“I think we’re gonna be very good with the coronavirus. I think that at some point that’s going to, sort of, just disappear — I hope,” Trump said at the White House.

When reporter Blake Burman asked him to reiterate, Trump said, "I do, I do. Yeah, sure. At some point. And I think we're going to have a vaccine very soon, too."

On Feb. 27, Trump told reporters at the White House that "One day, it's a miracle. It will disappear." That was when the U.S. had 16 known cases.

As of Wednesday afternoon, the U.S. had a world-leading 2.6 million known cases and nearly 128,000 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University. More than 720,000 had recovered.

For five of the past six days, the U.S. has recorded more than 40,000 new cases each day. That includes 45,000 Tuesday, according to JHU. Before last week, the single-day high in the U.S. was about 36,400 cases back on April 24.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...pear/507-0deb8819-0550-4e97-8cff-eb242e358b28

Soooo many bridges or pieces of land to sell after Trump is gone. Trump supporters have to be the walking definition of gullibility.

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/mortality.html

CDC all deaths all causes through June 13th (by total death certs)/since March 30:

2017 1,334,407
2018 1,361,620
2019 1,347,134
2020 1,459,117
So we're up by 111,400 in 2020 over the average of the prior 3 years? Sounds about right . . . covid has increased the total number of deaths in the US - as of June 13 - by almost as much as the total deaths by covid - so far. With 115,200 deaths as of June 13, maybe 4,000 people would have died anyway even without covid . . .

. . . can you identify which 4,000 those would be, JDB? Or said differently, can you identify which covid deaths wouldn't have happened but for covid?

So we're up by 111,400 in 2020 over the average of the prior 3 years? Sounds about right . . . covid has increased the total number of deaths in the US - as of June 13 - by almost as much as the total deaths by covid - so far. With 115,200 deaths as of June 13, maybe 4,000 people would have died anyway even without covid . . .

. . . can you identify which 4,000 those would be, JDB? Or said differently, can you identify which covid deaths wouldn't have happened but for covid?

35-64 range is my guess

The numbers in Indy have been going down, but Mayor Hogsett is implementing a mask mandate. This follows, by a day or so, the kickoff of a campaign to attract tourists to Indy. Part of the tourism pitch is that Indy is a safe place to visit.

I don’t know how the tourism campaign will go, but I’m happy my governor and my mayor are trying to promote sensible policies. And, by the way, that’s a Republican governor and a Democratic mayor lining up in favor of good policy. If only the corrupt unfit incompetent imbecile could get on board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT