ADVERTISEMENT

We are cruisin for a bruisin

Now that testing flows like the Mississippi, are hospitals actually substituting positive tests for negative?
That’s the rub where I walk back my claim. When there was a dearth of testing and/or testing was being reserved for “advanced” cases I heard and read patients presenting with certain symptoms were being diagnosed with Covid. I dont believe actual tests would be altered.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
According to the article you linked, Germany saw covid cases spike at a couple of meatpacking plants, so it imposed lockdowns affecting about 500,000 people, which is less than one percent of its population. According to the article, the flare up at the meatpacking plants drove up Germany's new cases per day from about 100 to over 700. For comparison purposes, we just had 36,000 new cases in a day. The alarming flare up in Germany looks like a day at the beach from our perspective.

The coronavirus challenges even countries that aren't incompetently led by a corrupt mentally unfit imbecile, but we are getting our ass kicked. And even during the spike reported in your linked article, Germany is among the countries making our response look ridiculous. The article you linked makes my point.

According to the article you linked, Germany saw covid cases spike at a couple of meatpacking plants, so it imposed lockdowns affecting about 500,000 people, which is less than one percent of its population. According to the article, the flare up at the meatpacking plants drove up Germany's new cases per day from about 100 to over 700. For comparison purposes, we just had 36,000 new cases in a day. The alarming flare up in Germany looks like a day at the beach from our perspective.

The coronavirus challenges even countries that aren't incompetently led by a corrupt mentally unfit imbecile, but we are getting our ass kicked. And even during the spike reported in your linked article, Germany is among the countries making our response look ridiculous. The article you linked makes my point.

blame the mass protests, they have literally preceded the spike in cases true to form

it’s black lives matter’s fault, not trumps

things were going good until the under educated threw a temper tantrum egged on by the over educated

Reactions: Bill4411

Reactions: sglowrider
Last edited:
blame the mass protests, they have literally preceded the spike in cases true to form

it’s black lives matter’s fault, not trumps

things were going good until the under educated threw a temper tantrum egged on by the over educated
Wow. I didn't realize those Trump Secret Service agents, Trump White House staffers and Trump campaign workers who caught the virus were moonlighting as protesters for Black Lives Matter.

Wow. I didn't realize those Trump Secret Service agents, Trump White House staffers and Trump campaign workers who caught the virus were moonlighting as protesters for Black Lives Matter.

well, they did come in face to face contact with them about 3 weeks ago

Leaning into a Left Hook. Among other things, the story details a mask ordinance in Montgomery, AL. Blacks are overwhelmingly dying there, but the whites on the council voted to preserve liberty and oppose a mask ordinance.

And yes, one of the whites asked if people get poisoned from wearing masks.

According to the article, the hospitals are full in Montgomery. When Italian hospitals filled up, the death rate skyrocketed to 10%. Is that what we want?

Many of these states have mandatory evacuation laws for hurricanes. The authorities can literally force them out of their home but cannot make them where masks out in public? Seriously, this is the hill some conservatives choose to die on?

Of course not, as the article makes clear, it is the hill they choose to let blacks die on.

Out of curiosity, can POTUS be arrested or otherwise dealt with if he campaigns without a face mask where it’s required by law?

Asking for hundreds of millions of friends.

Reactions: sglowrider
Of all the nonsensical things I’ve read is that tens of thousands of people screaming inches away from each other isn’t leading to an increase in cases. Dade co is closing it’s beaches for the 4th of July weekend because they don’t want people gathering in close proximity outside. For a reason. The public health director for LA thinks it’s “highly likely” the surge is connected to mass protests. We are seeing spikes all over the country. To say protests aren’t a factor is absurd. BLM, Memorial Day, young people. If we removed the endless BLM protests and closed the beaches and bars we’d probably look more like Europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cortez88
Of all the nonsensical things I’ve read is that tens of thousands of people screaming inches away from each other isn’t leading to an increase in cases. Dade co is closing it’s beaches for the 4th of July weekend because they don’t want people gathering in close proximity outside. For a reason. The public health director for LA thinks it’s “highly likely” the surge is connected to mass protests. We are seeing spikes all over the country. To say protests aren’t a factor is absurd. BLM, Memorial Day, young people. If we removed the endless BLM protests and closed the beaches and bars we’d probably look more like Europe.
The protests are a factor.

Agreeance. In aligning to survival of the fittest we should ban protests and allow Trump rallies. Cull the herd.

In local news, the Indy 500 will run with 50% capacity. In reading comments following a national publication article, there were many comments that an outdoor activity with social distancing and masks should be fine. However, I can tell you with certainty that people in central Indiana do not follow those rules. We attended our first in person mass in months. Less than 25% of the parishioners wore a mask. My wife had to return something she bought online to a store in the mall. She said 5% were wearing masks.

We cannot be shut ins forever. We have to live with the virus. But so many people are so selfish and stupid that they won’t do the damn bare minimum to make it possible. Their freedom is the ability to be a raging asshole.

In local news, the Indy 500 will run with 50% capacity. In reading comments following a national publication article, there were many comments that an outdoor activity with social distancing and masks should be fine. However, I can tell you with certainty that people in central Indiana do not follow those rules. We attended our first in person mass in months. Less than 25% of the parishioners wore a mask. My wife had to return something she bought online to a store in the mall. She said 5% were wearing masks.

We cannot be shut ins forever. We have to live with the virus. But so many people are so selfish and stupid that they won’t do the damn bare minimum to make it possible. Their freedom is the ability to be a raging asshole.
My wife and I just went to Meijer (West Chester, Ohio) to pickup some groceries. I would put the masked percentage at %90+. I was pleasantly surprised.

Leaning into a Left Hook. Among other things, the story details a mask ordinance in Montgomery, AL. Blacks are overwhelmingly dying there, but the whites on the council voted to preserve liberty and oppose a mask ordinance.

And yes, one of the whites asked if people get poisoned from wearing masks.

According to the article, the hospitals are full in Montgomery. When Italian hospitals filled up, the death rate skyrocketed to 10%. Is that what we want?

Many of these states have mandatory evacuation laws for hurricanes. The authorities can literally force them out of their home but cannot make them where masks out in public? Seriously, this is the hill some conservatives choose to die on?

Of course not, as the article makes clear, it is the hill they choose to let blacks die on.
Maybe BLM leadership should make that their crusade & save exponentionally more lives than focusing on police brutality...

You do realize that Europe has had HUGE protests as well?
Amsterdam

dam-2160x1200.jpg

Paris

AP20160587805728.jpg

London

200606153115-london-blm-protest-sunday-exlarge-169.jpg

blmprotestlondon.jpg

Berlin

EZ2BYkzXQAEaQVp.jpg

Frankfurt

protest-georgefloyd-101~_v-videowebl.jpg

Vienna

vienna-wurstelstand-black-live-matter-protests-44.jpg

Rome

merlin_173299410_ea18d4af-d5ce-4ecb-9ece-d3536bb6ab94-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg

Protests across Europe have mirrored those in the US. The spike in COVID cases is unique to the US. But then again, so is Trump...

You do realize that Europe has had HUGE protests as well?
Amsterdam

dam-2160x1200.jpg

Paris

AP20160587805728.jpg

London

200606153115-london-blm-protest-sunday-exlarge-169.jpg

blmprotestlondon.jpg

Berlin

EZ2BYkzXQAEaQVp.jpg

Frankfurt

protest-georgefloyd-101~_v-videowebl.jpg

Vienna

vienna-wurstelstand-black-live-matter-protests-44.jpg

Rome

merlin_173299410_ea18d4af-d5ce-4ecb-9ece-d3536bb6ab94-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg

Protests across Europe have mirrored those in the US. The spike in COVID cases is unique to the US. But then again, so is Trump...
you do realize that europe is now seeing spikes throughout. france just had its highest increase in cases since the end of may. germany is now delaying its reopening as a result of spikes. it'll be interesting to see what happens in liverpool over the next few weeks.

or is just that if liberals support blm protests social distancing is junk science? perhaps we just selectively "follow the science" when same comports with our political bias? the health director for LA and many, many others believe that protests spread covid because they don't adhere to social distancing. but, again, i'm sure there's twitter accounts we can cut and paste that'll say otherwise...

30 euro countries are seeing an uptick in cases. it's all over the internet. below is from the telegraph. europe is seeing the largest increase in months. i have no clue what you are talking about. putting thousands of people together is a bad idea. it leads to new cases: whether it's a BLM rally or a trump rally or a premier league celebration. or, we no longer believe in social distancing, and we're not going to "follow the science."

Europe sees rise in number of Covid-19 cases for first time in months, WHO warns

Last edited:
you do realize that europe is now seeing spikes throughout. france just had its highest increase in cases since the end of may. germany is now delaying its reopening as a result of spikes. it'll be interesting to see what happens in liverpool over the next few weeks.

or is just that if liberals support blm protests social distancing is junk science? perhaps we just selectively "follow the science" when same comports with our political bias? the health director for LA and many, many others believe that protests spread covid because they don't adhere to social distancing. but, again, i'm sure there's twitter accounts we can cut and paste that'll say otherwise...

30 euro countries are seeing an uptick in cases. it's all over the internet. below is from the telegraph. europe is seeing the largest increase in months. i have no clue what you are talking about. putting thousands of people together is a bad idea. it leads to new cases: whether it's a BLM rally or a trump rally or a premier league celebration. or, we no longer believe in social distancing, and we're not going to "follow the science."

Europe sees rise in number of Covid-19 cases for first time in months, WHO warns

I responded to this statement from you "If we removed the endless BLM protests and closed the beaches and bars we’d probably look more like Europe."

And are Europe's spikes relative to Europe's numbers or the US numbers? The graphs which have been posted elsewhere in this thread are pretty damning, and the US spike seems concentrated in Sunbelt states in the South and West, primarily FL, TX, and AZ. NYC had their lowest single death rate since March yesterday, and again NYC was a hot spot for BLM protests within all 5 boroughs

I will say that a major differential between many BLM protestors and the bar and Trump scenes is a basic orientation towards mask-wearing in general. I think the protestors have in many cases self-policed and at least encouraged people to wear masks. On the other hand, many of the folks in the trump and bar scenes are deliberately disdaining masks, including public officials and pro-Trump politicians.

I responded to this statement from you "If we removed the endless BLM protests and closed the beaches and bars we’d probably look more like Europe."

And are Europe's spikes relative to Europe's numbers or the US numbers? The graphs which have been posted elsewhere in this thread are pretty damning, and the US spike seems concentrated in Sunbelt states in the South and West, primarily FL, TX, and AZ. NYC had their lowest single death rate since March yesterday, and again NYC was a hot spot for BLM protests within all 5 boroughs

I will say that a major differential between many BLM protestors and the bar and Trump scenes is a basic orientation towards mask-wearing in general. I think the protestors have in many cases self-policed and at least encouraged people to wear masks. On the other hand, many of the folks in the trump and bar scenes are deliberately disdaining masks, including public officials and pro-Trump politicians.
That’s your bias coming out. I could post a thousand pics of blm protestors protesting inches apart without masks. California and something like 25 plus states are seeing spikes. It’s not just the sunbelt. As for the graphs in this post do your own research. More than 30 euro countries are seeing spikes over the last two weeks according to the director for the WHO Europe. Think for yourself. Either social distancing matters or it doesn’t...and tens of thousands of blm protestors weren’t wearing masks and weren’t social distancing. A two second google images search evidences same.

Last edited:
That’s your bias coming out. I could post a thousand pics of blm protestors protesting inches apart without masks. California and something like 25 plus states are seeing spikes. It’s not just the sunbelt. As for the graphs in this post do your own research. More than 30 euro countries are seeing spikes over the last two weeks. Think for yourself. Either social distancing matters or it doesn’t...and tens of thousands of blm protestors weren’t wearing masks and weren’t social distancing. A two second google images search evidences same.
It only matters in the Ozarks

Can we refocus on how poor the US is doing? No matter the cause, we are failing spectacularly. We should be better than this.

Can we refocus on how poor the US is doing? No matter the cause, we are failing spectacularly. We should be better than this.
I think it's pretty obvious. mandate masks and shut down bars and gatherings of more than whatever number is suggested: 25, 50, whatever. no exceptions for protests, sports, rallies, or religion. it's a public safety and health issue we haven't faced in a hundred years. no more exceptions. our lives and livelihoods depend on it. and give aid to those businesses shut down. vet same, but then provide aid.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty obvious. shut down bars and gatherings of more than whatever number is suggested: 25, 50, whatever. no exceptions for protests, sports, rallies, or religion. it's a public safety and health issue we haven't faced in a hundred years. no more exceptions. our lives and livelihoods depend on it.

This choir of over 100 singers that VP Emptysuit listened to today in Dallas was probably too many, right?

19526753_G.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT